ENPS from Title I to Title II

Guest EN Resident

Guest EN Resident

There is a question for all voters in this upcoming election for changing the school title from Title I to Title II. It is very important to switch to Title II to have all the necessary funds going to our school to keep it neat, as the mayor does not want to provide them with sufficient funds for fixing and upgrading it. Please, keep it in mind...it is really needed. 

Guest Parent of student

Yes, they need to fix many things but they have no money. Also, they received just 35% of the budget they need. If we don't switch to Title II, the school will close, the teachers will lose their jobs and the students will need to go to Harrison School. That means a huge increase in property taxes that will fall on tenants rent.

Mayor Grillo is selling out to defacto Superintendent of Harrison School James Doran.  Soon Doran will have closed the East Newark Schools. Mayor Smith stood up against the high tuition Harrison pays per student and went to Kearny School District for High School saving the taxpayers a lot of money. Mayor Grillo is *** **** in James "**** ** ******" Doran's power grab. Soon the school will be gone and East Newark taxpayers will be paying more money to Harrison to educate their children and Doran will have expanded his power base and control. Vote Yes to save East Newark's schools.

Guest Type I Type 2

In New Jersey law, the primary distinction between Type I and Type II school districts lies in the method of selecting board members and the process for funding capital projects. In Type I districts, the mayor appoints board members to rotating three-year terms. There is also a board of school estimate which works with the local municipality to secure funding for capital projects; this board adopts a resolution seeking bonding which is then supported by a municipal bond ordinance. In contrast, Type II districts have board members elected by the electorate, and bonding for capital projects must be approved through a public referendum.