Will Kearny Public Schools becoming an ABBOTT DISTRICT affect property values on our homes?

Guest Property Taxpayer

Guest Property Taxpayer

Community's that are Abbott District's also known as the "DIRTY THIRDY" Have experienced a decline in property values from what I been told. Is that really what we want in Kearny. Please explain the benefits of being classified as an ABBOTT DISTRICT.

Guest Abbott

Getting designated an Abbott District is like winning the lottery. You get losts and losts of money from the State of New Jersey to spread around to your family, friends and tag along.

Why Kearny has not applied to be an Abbott District is beyond me.  It is the best thing going.  You get money from property tax payers and from the state to spend. 

Guest Long time Home Owner
On 8/18/2023 at 9:34 AM, Guest Abbott said:

Getting designated an Abbott District is like winning the lottery. You get losts and losts of money from the State of New Jersey to spread around to your family, friends and tag along.

Why Kearny has not applied to be an Abbott District is beyond me.  It is the best thing going.  You get money from property tax payers and from the state to spend. 

This is the beginning of the end of the quality of life in Kearny. Property Values will be affected as a result of this decision.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Studies and Observations

Right now the BoE budget is around 50% of the total tax burden for the Town.  The Town becoming an Abbot district, means that the STATE not the Town should be covering the Lion's Share of the BoE Budget.  What that SHOULD mean to Homeowners is a huge Tax Break.  What you need to look at, is if the Property Taxes do NOT Do down by a significant amount, Where is that Tax money going to??   While it MIGHT drop property values over time, What Value is in a home you Can't sell, because the Property taxes are some of the highest in the County and State per year???

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest 924
On 8/17/2023 at 7:44 AM, Guest Property Taxpayer said:

Community's that are Abbott District's also known as the "DIRTY THIRDY" Have experienced a decline in property values from what I been told. Is that really what we want in Kearny. Please explain the benefits of being classified as an ABBOTT DISTRICT.