Mayor Santos Abandoning Kearny for State Judge Job

Guest Kearny Resident

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

I think they are stringing him along promising him the Judgeship.

He is a lawyer but he never practiced law.  He has been the Mayor of Kearny for ever but he has never stepped into a court room representing someone or tried a case.  How does he qualify to be a State Judge.  He won't pass the review process.

Guest Chris Christie

Republicans will rip him apart no free lunch here. Fingers crossed I hope he gets confirmed. Kearny has had enough of this self serving Mayor.

Guest Love Mayor Santos

Per the Observer, Mayor Santos has an interview Monday June 26th to become a Judge.  Hope he does well on the interview.  I know the politicians become Judges so they can retire with a bigger pension.  Mayor Santos is a smart guy so I know he will do well in his interview.  He really never practiced law so those questions may be hard to handle but the Senators, politicians, will overlook that to push him through.  Let us hope the Republicans do not as too many questions.

Guest Guest

So Alberto Santos got what he wanted a Superior Court Judgeship.  The Judiciary Committee asked other nominees questions but Alberto Santos who never practiced law did not have anything the Judiciary Committee could ask him about.  The Superior Court of NJ now has a Judge that never tried a case or prosecuted a case or defended a case before a 1 Judge or Jury.  He basically has the experience of a newly graduated law student.  The Bar Association should be the organization that should be making recommendation on qualification for Judgeships.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peter

It looks like Judge Santos is out campaigning at the Peruvian Festival with Peter Santana and making speeches like his an elected official.

I thought he resigned and became a Judge.  Judges can't do politics