Many scratching cats problem .

Guest Carla Alvarez

Guest Carla Alvarez

Many cats scratching, maybe too many, on Reynolds Street Harrison. The number for health department please. One person many cats 10 12 I don't know. The  cats scratching all the time. People here walk dogs no problem. Problem now my dog scratching please help . Health department number Harrison or Jersey City Hudson.

Harrison Health Department - 973-268-2441.  Also, The Town has a contract with Bergen County Animal Shelter for Animal Control maybe you can call for the 12 cats their number is 201-229-4616.  Doesn't sound like they are being taken care of properly.

Guest Concerned resident.

Yes, I have seen the cats and kittens walking through the neighborhood on the sidewalks and the street and yes, they definitely appear to be ridden with fleas. Something really should be done, maybe the cats and kittens should be taken to an animal shelter so they can be placed in loving homes that would actually take care of them. I have included the address on the web and the phone number of the Harrison health department.

https://townofharrison.com/158/Environmental-Health-Division

(973) 268_2441  Phone number.

Guest 11 Reynolds avenue.

I have been living on Reynolds two years, and have been happy all this time. But since the last two weeks my backyard and Ally smells of cat urine not very nice. I know the house where the cats live, the lady and family are kind to take care of cats, but now this is ridiculous

Guest Fred Smith ,Searings ave

If these cats are outside cats free to roam to our neighborhood on Searings, We we're wondering why do we have to give our dog a flea bath 2 times a week, and a capstar caplet to rid off the fleas that never worked. Now we're pretty sure of the source. But what is going to be done about this. Is the so-called caregiver going to bring the cats and kittens to a shelter hopefully . We see a lot of people on Searing's ,Mullock and Reynolds walking their dogs for years, without a problem until now.

Guest Fred Smith ,Searings ave.

Just another note those cats and kittens with fleas, just don't stay in one neighborhood they're free to roam from neighborhood to neighborhood infecting all the plant life all the cracks and crevices with fleas that your dogs and cats will catch . Hey as you're sitting there reading this look at your loved animals, Are they scratching,, how about you are you itching.

• 6 months later...