Harrison Mayor Fife Joining Kearny Mayor Santos in Fight Against Keegan Landfill

Guest Keegan Needs to Close

Guest Keegan Needs to Close

Mayor James Fife is joining the fight to close the Keegan Landfill.  Surrounding by Developers who have a lot to lose from all the noxious gases coming from the Keegan Landfill in neighboring Kearny and all the Harrison residents who are now in the redevelopment zone, Mayor Fife stated, "As an old Harrisonian, I don't care what the cancer rates are in town.  We are used to breathing in this toxic air.  What I care about is giving family and friends jobs.  But the Developers are worried that renters won't come or if they do come will realize that the air is toxic so, because they have given our organization a lot of money, cash included, I feel obligated to join Mayor Santos in his fight to close the landfill.  I understand that I'm going against the machine directed out of North Bergen but Mayor McDonough went against the machine and joined Governor Chris Christie and he got a new Path station with only one elevator and when you get out you have to walk up a block to then walk down a block to get to the parking garage.  Excellent planning by Port Authority.  They do know how to make a traffic jam.  They are experts and and as soon as Baroni is out of jail I'm going to hire him to do a traffic study.  Traffic is bad in Harrison.  Governor Christie met with me at La Fiamma to eat.  I told him he couldn't go to the Spanish Pavillion because that's Senator Robert Menendez's favorite place.  We hold Mendendez signs but he's a "spic" and we Irish hate those up and coming "spics".

• 2 months later...
Guest Guest
On 2/27/2019 at 9:47 PM, Guest Keegan Needs to Close said:

Mayor James Fife is joining the fight to close the Keegan Landfill.  Surrounding by Developers who have a lot to lose from all the noxious gases coming from the Keegan Landfill in neighboring Kearny and all the Harrison residents who are now in the redevelopment zone, Mayor Fife stated, "As an old Harrisonian, I don't care what the cancer rates are in town.  We are used to breathing in this toxic air.  What I care about is giving family and friends jobs.  But the Developers are worried that renters won't come or if they do come will realize that the air is toxic so, because they have given our organization a lot of money, cash included, I feel obligated to join Mayor Santos in his fight to close the landfill.  I understand that I'm going against the machine directed out of North Bergen but Mayor McDonough went against the machine and joined Governor Chris Christie and he got a new Path station with only one elevator and when you get out you have to walk up a block to then walk down a block to get to the parking garage.  Excellent planning by Port Authority.  They do know how to make a traffic jam.  They are experts and and as soon as Baroni is out of jail I'm going to hire him to do a traffic study.  Traffic is bad in Harrison.  Governor Christie met with me at La Fiamma to eat.  I told him he couldn't go to the Spanish Pavillion because that's Senator Robert Menendez's favorite place.  We hold Mendendez signs but he's a "spic" and we Irish hate those up and coming "spics".

As predicted Mayor F-i-f-e has now caved to support the closure of the Keegan Landfill.  Today's (May 8, 2019) Red Bull's game was called at half time for weather condition.  The toxic hydrogen sulfide gas came into the stadium and contaminated the fans and players alike.