Teacher Signs Send the Wrong Message

Guest Taxpayers need support too

Guest Taxpayers need support too

The Town of Kearny which already pays the highest property taxes in Hudson County and now Kearny Teachers are attempting to hold the Board of Education Hostage with their signs in hopes of gaining public support for more money. Do we support Teachers? Of course we do! Can we continue to absorb tax increases? No we can't! This current board made some of the worst Money decisions in the history of Kearny and as a result there was no money to give the Teacher's, so don't direct attention to the public for support ask the questions to the people who caused the problem in the first place. Taxpayers have been paying for there mistakes for years and now Teachers seek support again from the Taxpayers of Kearny. I say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Why don't you focus your money savings ideas toward the seldom used, seldom successful and white male privileged Kearny Fire Departnlment. The teachers are AWAKE all day with the very difficult job as educators, couselors and tremendous liability dealing with children. The Firefighters spend their 2 days a week in town sleeping, watching TV, running personal errands and hyping their personal publicity machine. THINGS MUST CHANGE!!

Guest Concerned Parent

Parents are flocking to Charter Schools for this very reason. More money for Teachers, Less money for books and other resources in the classrooms. Charters seem to be offering more for their students.

Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry
On 5/21/2018 at 6:29 PM, Guest Taxpayers need support too said:

The Town of Kearny which already pays the highest property taxes in Hudson County and now Kearny Teachers are attempting to hold the Board of Education Hostage with their signs in hopes of gaining public support for more money. Do we support Teachers? Of course we do! Can we continue to absorb tax increases? No we can't! This current board made some of the worst Money decisions in the history of Kearny and as a result there was no money to give the Teacher's, so don't direct attention to the public for support ask the questions to the people who caused the problem in the first place. Taxpayers have been paying for there mistakes for years and now Teachers seek support again from the Taxpayers of Kearny. I say NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its interesting that the Board of Education has rolled out their Chief Spokesperson Barbara Cifelli-Sherry as she attempts to once again blame everyone but this Board for the District's problems. So lets set the record straight 1. The board had an opportunity to lease the St Stephen's building and they could have expanded the middle school but because of a political agenda in wanting to get rid of the Supt at the time they said no. BAD DECISION! 2. The New Board of Education Office was a white elephant that cost the District millions of Dollars and with over runs of wasted money that could have easily gone to teacher contracts. BAD DECISION! 3. Did we really need lights at Franklin Field? The cost of the lights were I believe $400,000 but someone thought it was a good idea to put that a head of the teachers. BAD DECISION! 4. The project at the High School was mismanaged from the start with many cost over runs that factored in the millions of dollars and I've been told that an audit was done to determine how the money was being spent so why wasn't this being shared with the Public and could the Board be hiding something?? BAD MANAGEMENT! 4.The stolen money that was taken by an employee if this was the other board Cifelli-Sherry would have been all over them instead this was quietly swept under the rug.HIDING BAD MANAGEMENT! So when you here the SPIN from the MASTER of SPIN just remember how she was able to get elected by DEMONIZING her opponents by asking the Teachers not to be angry and remember she wants everyone to think the board isn't the problem it's the Charters, it's the State, it's their fault. Don't be taken for a sucker this Board gets what it deserves full blame for this mess despite what this Board member says!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

And the people of Kearny keep electing them.

There could have been a change last election. But, the taxpayers said no change.

They need to go.

Guest The Silent Majority
On 5/23/2018 at 9:47 PM, Guest Guest said:

There could have been a change last election. But, the taxpayers said no change.

They need to go.

RECALL THIS ENTIRE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Taxpayer
On 5/25/2018 at 10:11 AM, Guest The Silent Majority said:

RECALL THIS ENTIRE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

There is a law that you can do just that, it should be explored!!!!!!

Guest The Silent Majority
On 5/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, Guest Ryan said:

I'll rather support teachers!

Cops & Firefighters get paid way to much!

Good Contracts without Signs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Not Buying It
On 5/26/2018 at 10:30 AM, Guest Taxpayer said:

There is a law that you can do just that, it should be explored!!!!!!

Would love to know what that "law" says. Can you offer more info?

Guest Taxpayer
1 hour ago, Guest Not Buying It said:

Would love to know what that "law" says. Can you offer more info?

The law was enacted under Governor Florio and it allows public officials to be Recalled based on Bad Management. I would suggest you contact the Supt. of Elections for the right information. There is a law which would require a petition and a certain amount of people would sign to place the entire Board on the ballot to be Recalled. The Supt of Elections can walk you threw the process. I hope that is helpful.

Guest Professor
15 hours ago, Guest Taxpayer said:

The law was enacted under Governor Florio and it allows public officials to be Recalled based on Bad Management. I would suggest you contact the Supt. of Elections for the right information. There is a law which would require a petition and a certain amount of people would sign to place the entire Board on the ballot to be Recalled. The Supt of Elections can walk you threw the process. I hope that is helpful.

"Bad" management ??   Bad is a subjective word. Bad to one person may be good to another. Who decides the meaning of bad.

Guest Teachers deserve better
On 5/27/2018 at 7:27 PM, Guest Taxpayer said:

There needs to be a call to arms by the Parents, Teachers, and Taxpayers of Kearny and a Recall effort could be a solution in replacing a Board of Education that have made bad money decisions that have resulted in lost opportunities in making our Schools the best they can be for the children of Kearny. This Board needs a wake up call with a RECALL EFFORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Lifelong Resident
On 5/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

4.The stolen money that was taken by an employee if this was the other board Cifelli-Sherry would have been all over them instead this was quietly swept under the rug.HIDING BAD MANAGEMENT

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2018/05/more_tax_fraud_charges_for_former_bookkeeper_accus.html

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2018 at 11:17 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Its interesting that the Board of Education has rolled out their Chief Spokesperson Barbara Cifelli-Sherry as she attempts to once again blame everyone but this Board for the District's problems. So lets set the record straight 1. The board had an opportunity to lease the St Stephen's building and they could have expanded the middle school but because of a political agenda in wanting to get rid of the Supt at the time they said no. BAD DECISION! 2. The New Board of Education Office was a white elephant that cost the District millions of Dollars and with over runs of wasted money that could have easily gone to teacher contracts. BAD DECISION! 3. Did we really need lights at Franklin Field? The cost of the lights were I believe $400,000 but someone thought it was a good idea to put that a head of the teachers. BAD DECISION! 4. The project at the High School was mismanaged from the start with many cost over runs that factored in the millions of dollars and I've been told that an audit was done to determine how the money was being spent so why wasn't this being shared with the Public and could the Board be hiding something?? BAD MANAGEMENT! 4.The stolen money that was taken by an employee if this was the other board Cifelli-Sherry would have been all over them instead this was quietly swept under the rug.HIDING BAD MANAGEMENT! So when you here the SPIN from the MASTER of SPIN just remember how she was able to get elected by DEMONIZING her opponents by asking the Teachers not to be angry and remember she wants everyone to think the board isn't the problem it's the Charters, it's the State, it's their fault. Don't be taken for a sucker this Board gets what it deserves full blame for this mess despite what this Board member says!!!!!!!!

Even if the Teachers settle their contract they have already lost as members of the KEA have been laid off and will not enjoy being a part of a new contract and its sad to say that the way we define Public Education in Kearny has changed forever. Their will be more PAIN in the future with more Charter Schools set to open and more students being taken away from our public schools. The result is more teachers being laid off and support staff being out of a job. Kearny you get what you deserve electing self serving members of a family and friends network that for years have ruined the fiber of our schools. Oh and your union leadership has been hop and step with this board and rumor as it she was able to place a family member in a job. For the unions sake I would hope your Union President isn't just window dressing to show the membership she is working for them. Its interesting that all is quiet and no protests have taken place which one would think the Union President was talked to and asked to tone it down? So I say whatever happens with this contract the teachers already lost and will continue to lose because of a Board of Education that was clueless as to what the effects the Charter Schools would do to our Public Schools. Thank you Ms Cifelli-Sherry for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Adam
On 6/30/2018 at 8:20 AM, Guest Against Cifelli-Sherry said:

Even if the Teachers settle their contract they have already lost as members of the KEA have been laid off and will not enjoy being a part of a new contract and its sad to say that the way we define Public Education in Kearny has changed forever. Their will be more PAIN in the future with more Charter Schools set to open and more students being taken away from our public schools. The result is more teachers being laid off and support staff being out of a job. Kearny you get what you deserve electing self serving members of a family and friends network that for years have ruined the fiber of our schools. Oh and your union leadership has been hop and step with this board and rumor as it she was able to place a family member in a job. For the unions sake I would hope your Union President isn't just window dressing to show the membership she is working for them. Its interesting that all is quiet and no protests have taken place which one would think the Union President was talked to and asked to tone it down? So I say whatever happens with this contract the teachers already lost and will continue to lose because of a Board of Education that was clueless as to what the effects the Charter Schools would do to our Public Schools. Thank you Ms Cifelli-Sherry for nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed! 

RECALL this board of education! 

Guest Too Bad

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.  Most of these teachers and their families supported the idiots on the Board. They have been a cesspool for years and continue to lie, cheat and steal consistently. I could care a less if they ever get a contract because when they do at the next election they will continue to support the same people that screwed them !

15 hours ago, Guest Too Bad said:

Careful what you wish for, you might just get it.  Most of these teachers and their families supported the idiots on the Board. They have been a cesspool for years and continue to lie, cheat and steal consistently. I could care a less if they ever get a contract because when they do at the next election they will continue to support the same people that screwed them !

BLIND LOYALTY 

On 7/6/2018 at 6:00 AM, Guest Too Bad said:

If and when the Board settles this contract the teachers will pay a heavy price for trying to strong arm this Board with their signs and I believe class sizes will increase, more teachers will be laid off and in the years to come you will see the dismantling of the Public Schools and the emerging of the Charter Schools and more and more parents will flock to the Charters because of a board that is more interested in self interest than our Students interests. The above post is correct BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR TEACHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

The Teachers have nothing to worry about. Kearny and Harrison are one step from declaring themselves Gold Star Sanctuary Cities. There are going to be hundreds of new undocumented students starting school in the next year. Teacher requirements will include being bilingual in English and Spanish so those who don't speak Spanish had better learn fast. These students and their family members must be provided with free breakfast, lunch and dinner. The dreamers will need free laptops and free WiFi at their homes. They must be given free tutoring services and free transportation to afford them a fair chance. The BOE, Administration and Teachers need salary increases to shoulder the extra work load. New low income housing is mandatory. We must NOT separate families like at the border! It's inhumane and against our Democratic principles. Exciting new times are ahead and that requires cash $$$ at a time when Kearny & Harrison are losing state aid. A school property tax increase of $400/year per homeowner for the next 5 years is a start. The $2K over 5 years is a drop in the bucket for the taxpayers. A sales tax increase and town wide income tax should be considered to increase revenue. Parking violation fines need to double. These changes are inevitable and unavoidable so let's be progressive and start NOW! West Hudson residents are eager to pay for these services without delay! I hope the Mayor's & Council members are listening. Viva West Hudson!

On 5/28/2018 at 10:52 AM, Guest Professor said:

"Bad" management ??   Bad is a subjective word. Bad to one person may be good to another. Who decides the meaning of bad.

The TAXPAYERS OF KEARNY that's who!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hill,Davidson Supporters
On 5/23/2018 at 9:47 PM, Guest Guest said:

They need to go.

We had two good candidates in the last election  Mr Hill and Ms Davidson you should try again. You just could Win this next time.