So this is the parking solution for 280?

Guest downwithfedresv

Guest downwithfedresv

All the new plan does is to issue tickets to commercial vehicles parked under 280 longer than 2 hours from the hours of 8 AM-5PM.M-F.It does nothing for those drivers who become Flying Dutchmen at any time after those hours.At 5 o'clock,it's much too crowded.I may as well junk my car and use Uber for all the good that the plan does for me and others.Why not just rent out designated spaces to keep people from being prisoners in their residences after dark?The cops and the Town Council don't care.All of them either live out of town or have their own spaces.

Let's not forget the vicious sexual assault of an innocent woman by a violent predator ******************** about 2 decades ago in that lot. The lot is no safer now than 20 years ago. It is deserted at night with very little lighting. It's a scary and very dangerous place. That lot should be flooded with light and residents ONLY  should park there from 5PM to 8 AM. I'm sure the residents would gladly pay a monthly fee for a designated spot but it should be FREE with the insane property taxes. The town has 50% less Police than 20 years ago and the area down by that lot is getting worse by the day. Cameras are a poor excuse for a lack of Police Officers and provide a false sense of security. What good is a camera if nobody is watching it? How many cameras can one person watch consistently for hours at a time while it's not even their primary duty? What good is a camera if it's broke? The availability of parking spaces isn't the only issue. The Mayor & Council need to put resident safety ahead of their personal agendas.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

• 3 months later...

Having left Harrison only to leave my parents behind the reality is that the politicians really don't care.  Its that simple and that pathetic.  That lot is full with crappy looking trucks from NY to Pa left overnight and nothing.  Quality of life my butt.