High School Principal

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It's been 3 weeks now since the High School Principal annouced his resignation and the BOE hasn't advertised for a replacement. I checked the website and the opening isn't posted there. What's going on? Rumors are flying that the BOE intends to bring back ***** ******** as the Interim Principal for a full year at a whopping $800 per day. I certainly hope this isn't true and can't believe the salary I'm hearing, but with the questionable things I read and hear about this Board, I guess anything is possible. If true, this is a huge step backwards for the district and is not right for out children. Either way, the Board doesn't seem to be looking for a replacement and must have something up their sleeve.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

It's been 3 weeks now since the High School Principal annouced his resignation and the BOE hasn't advertised for a replacement. I checked the website and the opening isn't posted there. What's going on? Rumors are flying that the BOE intends to bring back ***** ******** as the Interim Principal for a full year at a whopping $800 per day. I certainly hope this isn't true and can't believe the salary I'm hearing, but with the questionable things I read and hear about this Board, I guess anything is possible. If true, this is a huge step backwards for the district and is not right for out children. Either way, the Board doesn't seem to be looking for a replacement and must have something up their sleeve.

You seem to be confusing the current Board with The Five Stooges.

Guest Spinning the spin

LMFAO!

Guest SPOTO

You must mean the Elder Statesman Zibby Viscuso and this current group of BOZO'S that have this School System upside down. With ZIBBY leading the way. And they said on the First Day at Franklin School "GIVE US LIGHTS" and Zibby said you will have lights. We'll worry about the Health Benefits later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

You must mean the Elder Statesman Zibby Viscuso and this current group of BOZO'S that have this School System upside down. With ZIBBY leading the way. And they said on the First Day at Franklin School "GIVE US LIGHTS" and Zibby said you will have lights. We'll worry about the Health Benefits later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now now John or is it Billy! Don't be sore losers!

Guest Guest

Really?? The 8 idiots just appointed an Interim Principal at the last meeting. She's a good friend of Patte Blood and Bernadette McDonald and another failure from the Freehold School Disrict. She's getting $500 a day. Another patronage job given out to one of their friends who couldn't wait to leave Kearny but will now come back to bleed the taxpayers dry. Well we can all sit back and watch another step backwards at the High School. What a joke.

Guest Guest

You're wrong on one point. She's from Point Pleasant, not Freehold. Still a waist of taxpayer dollars, a huge step backwards on a patronage job, and another failure coming back to Kearny. It never stops.

Guest Shaking my Head

The reality is there is no difference between ANY OF THEM..there never has been, there never WILL be..... You can complain and whine all you like about This Board, ot That Board, but they all seem to be good at taking care of their buddies...the only difference is who is doing the complaining, and, of course, the kids being lost in the shuffle.

Guest Just an observer

Yes she is from Point Boro HS where she served as vp and principal. Her reputation is very good. My sister lives there and could not say enough positive things about her. She is by no means a failure. She retired recently with an excellent reputation. Some one has to do the job so as far as the cost it is most likely a wash. My question is this? Is there no administrator in Kearny capable or willing to take this job? If that is the case so be it. I just think if they are over looking good current administrators it sends a bad message. But let the search happen and time will tell. Also, i do not think Mrs. Rocco ever lived or worked in Kearny but I am not sure. You really should have facts before you trash people! If it is the board's actions you are unhappy with you have every right to your opinion. However, be a grown up and do not make it a personal witch hunt!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest guest

At this point there are no qualified administrators in Kearny. Many of them did not teach for a substanstial amount of time before becoming an administrator. There is something to be said for being a classroom teacher, dealing with parents and issues before running a building. There is the old saying "you must walk before you can run". Unfortunately, there aren't many good administrators in the district to mentor the others.

What is the point in putting an interim in there. What teacher is going to pay attention to changes that are being made by someone who will be gone in six months to a year? A new administrator new ideas.... These poor kids in Kearny High School have not had a stable administrator in years and they are still not putting on there.... How sad.......................

Guest disgusted taxpayer

The stadium at KHS looks lovely. The front, I don't even want to go there and I don't see much action. I have no idea what the inside is like, but from all reports, not very good. Why are we going year after year after year, with our once beautiful high school building looking like something that belongs in the South Bronx, and yet another 8th grade graduating class being forced to attend? Where is all the well-paid supervision? Where did all the money go?

Guest Guest

The stadium at KHS looks lovely. The front, I don't even want to go there and I don't see much action. I have no idea what the inside is like, but from all reports, not very good. Why are we going year after year after year, with our once beautiful high school building looking like something that belongs in the South Bronx, and yet another 8th grade graduating class being forced to attend? Where is all the well-paid supervision? Where did all the money go?

Money is still there and the project is moving forward. Read the board minutes from the last few meeting. It's all there spelled out in black and white.

Guest Proud Parent

Board is getting the job done

The High School project is now on the way to be completed.

After years of problems stalling the work, this board is united in working to solve the problems caused by previous board members.

The projected time of completion is 2017.

I believe that is going to happen.

This board is dedicated to the children of Kearny.

Let's give our support to the board as they work to restore Kearny High to its beauty.

Keep up the good work BOE.

Guest Guest

Money is still there and the project is moving forward. Read the board minutes from the last few meeting. It's all there spelled out in black and white.

This must be true. It was printed in this week's Observer.

Guest hopeful taxpayer

Some of the Board members sitting on the Board now ARE previous Board members, at least one or two from way, way back when this project first started 7 or 8 years ago. However, I hope you are right and they and the supervisors/administrators who work for the district will see that the project is finally completed. (Board minutes, by the way, are not usually posted to the website for several months.) The hopeful lining in all this is that we now have a new, permanent superintendent and she can see it through to completion. Looking forward to September, 2017, but I'm from Missouri.

Guest Guest

Really? Please explain what former Board Members you are referring too and what problems did they cause with the High School construction project? Check the observer articles when the contractor was terminated and you will see that this was done by the full Board. Better yet, check the minutes from the March 18, 2013 meeting and you will see that the motion to terminate the contractor was introduced by Ziscuso and the vote was unanimous. This did stall the project, but is not the fault of any Board Member. The Board is seeking bids for the remainder of the project, so lets wait to see how that goes before you say the project will be completed in 2017.

Guest not so hopeful taxpayer

Ah! Proud Parent says the Board is moving forward and the project will be completed by 2017. (Hopes up!) Guest says Board is still seeking bids for the remainder of the project and there is no reason to believe it will be finished by 2017. (Dashed hopes!) And absolutely no one, Board Members past or present, supervisors or administrators appointed by the Board, past or present, are responsible. Just great!