KHS Physical Condition

Guest Guest

As a new parent to the district, I was shocked by the condition of the interior.

I felt like I was walking through a third world country school I was walking through.

The classrooms and hallways were dirty and cold as my child described.The shades were ducked taped together..and showed their age ..Although the teachers were very nice and were very accommodating ,the cleanliness was lacking and I felt was not displaying a positive mood for learning..

The worst Iv'e ever seen..I hope this neglect dosen't transfere to my childs attitude..

Guest disgusted

I am so sorry to hear this. This mess has been going on since 2006/2008 and no one, as yet, has ever been held accountable for it. Why was no one ever reprimanded, fired, demoted etc.? Of course this is not a positive atmosphere for learning. Pity the poor taxpayer!! Do we care anything about the learning facilities our children and neighbors' children have to attend; or is it just sports? (Don't blame the bow tie guy, he came in after the fact.) Hopefully, our new superintendent will be able to lead in finally getting this project done and soon.

Guest Goodytwoshoes

Some towns have active parent groups that raise money for specific projects in the school. Maybe the HS parents or one of the school clubs or teams could raise money for new shades. Having a personal stake in the school building might translate to better school spirit too.

Guest more disgusted

I agree with disgusted. Who in the world was and is in charge of the building facilities? Goodytwoshoes suggestion is a good one, but we do have a vested interest in the school building, it is called property taxes. It's pretty hard to keep a building clean, neat etc., when you are in a constant construction zone. Two groups of students have already spent their whole high school years in this unhealthy environment and it looks like now another group will spend their four years in the same situation.

Guest Guest

Parents and clubs raising money for shades. That would go over big .It's the schools responsibility to maintain the building...Did you ever hear of school tax ??? Where is that going.

Guest Goody

Of course a big chunk of our property taxes go to the schools but one of the differences between our crapo schools and more highly rated schools is the involvement of parent groups. If students see us getting really involved they might do better. And if parent groups or student groups raise miney for a project they can decide what project it goes to and not be at the mercy of those bored members.

Guest Wasteful spending

The board has been paying their old friend $650.00 a DAY to salvage the construction project, so why are they still paying a construction management company a million dollars? They hired him a couple of months ago. The pay is more than a superintendent. Maybe if they weren't paying him every classroom could have new shades by now!

Guest eyes wide open

ha ha the town has open its eyes this is from the appointment of * ********** finally comes to a head this man knows less then my 2 two year old ,now we can see how all these facilities are falling apart . But hey he talks a good game ........

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Always funny

ha ha the town has open its eyes this is from the appointment of * ********** finally comes to a head this man knows less then my 2 two year old ,now we can see how all these facilities are falling apart . But hey he talks a good game ........

And I'll bet your two year old writes English better than you.

Guest HOT WIRE

you ex board member ***********.give me a break.let your sister fight your battles you idiot.stop the HATING.GO AWAY Find work MOORON BILLY RAY NEEDS A NEW ALBUM CAUSE YOU AIN"T MAKING ANY MONEY HA HA HA

Edited by KOTW
Content.

• 1 month later...
Guest eyes wide open

Director of plant operations fancy title for a ***** . When is the new board going to wake up who is responsible for the high school mess,

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest eyes wide open

Hey hot wire I do not have any gripe other than the person responsible for the high school .The board should screen more carefully at the director of poor operations .

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Eyes wide open

That's just some of it .... It's horrible ,prisons look better but did you take a look at midland ave. The tax payers spared no expense