What you can find at Free Republic

Strife767

This is just too funny to ignore, considering that iirc the site Free Republic was brought up recently: http://www.fstdt.com/comments.asp?id=19543

No, before anyone says it, I'm not concluding that everyone who visits the site is that stupid--but it's a funny quote, no?

It appears that you confuse the magazine "The Free Republic" with reader commentary at their Web site.

It doesn't really make sense to judge the magazine on the basis of an isolate reader comment, does it?

Oh! Look how silly "Slate" is!

http://fray.slate.com/?id=3936&m=18543809

It appears that you confuse the magazine "The Free Republic" with reader commentary at their Web site.

It doesn't really make sense to judge the magazine on the basis of an isolate reader comment, does it?

Learn to read. I said:

"No, before anyone says it, I'm not concluding that everyone who visits the site is that stupid"

1. I was talking about visitors of the site, not the magazine itself.

2. I plainly said that I wasn't even judging everyone who goes to the site, much less the magazine itself.

Idiot.

Learn to read. I said:

"No, before anyone says it, I'm not concluding that everyone who visits the site is that stupid"

And before that, you said:

"Free Republic doesn't exactly have the best reputation on its own, you know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Republic...l_aspects"

http://forums.kearnyontheweb.com/index.php...st=80&p=41836

1. I was talking about visitors of the site, not the magazine itself.

If you're true to your word, then there was no point in creating the thread; you specifically alluded to the reference to the Free Republic in the OP as though it was relevant.

2. I plainly said that I wasn't even judging everyone who goes to the site, much less the magazine itself.

Yet you appeared to do just that in the other post you authored.

I was supposed to take this post to mean that you were retracting what you wrote earlier?

It is reasonable to believe that you intended your post to discredit the Free Republic, considering what you had written on the topic not long before.

And there's more:

Possibly a coincidence, but considering it's another quote from the Free Republic site, which was mentioned here too, who knows? Both this guy and KOTW's "oldfart" seem to have similar 'writing styles,' let's say.

Note the "considering it's another quote from the Free Republic site."

What he have here is not Strife picking random quotations for ridicule but a spammin' attack on information that I presented in another thread (from posts at the Free Republic).

But Strife is generous to a fault. He doesn't think that the quotation shows that all who post at the Free Republic are "that stupid." Just some/most/nearly all?

What could explain the psychology of Strife in this instance?

I provided evidence that some of the captured Iraqi documents called for suicide mission volunteers from the Iraqi armed forces.

The translation (iirc) had been posted at the government site along with the original in Arabic, but the government site was taken down, so I referred to the version at the Free Republic.

Strife replied by attacking the reputation of the Free Republic, whiffing in the attempt (fallacy of guilt by association).

Abandoning the topic in that thread, he starts an insinuation campaign against the Free Republic by posting new threads quoting individual posts from the Freeper discussion boards.

Is that a sensible way to proceed with an argument?

Is it the behavior of a serious participant?