Who created science ?

Guest Kearny Christian

Guest Kearny Christian

While all the atheists are arguing over details of this or that, they're all missing the big picture. The headline here is the fact that God

created the universe and all within it. Evolution of man and his intellect is all part of God's plan. What atheists call science, the rest of us

understand it's just another wonderful creation of God.

Those details are called the facts, and the operations of nature, which we uncover by science. In the thousands of years of human history, believing in God has not added anything to the big picture and in many cases has obscured it.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and ask yourself the equivalent question you ask of atheists. Who or what created God? I've heard Christians "answer" that question but never in a way that was persuasive and sensible.

How do you know that there is a god in the first place? You don't. It's not a fact. It's a wish. You're just picking out what you would like to be true and calling it an answer to the ultimate questions. Only it doesn't answer anything: first, because there's no basis for it and second, because it does not yield additional tools to discover more information or more of the workings of nature, like science does.

Now let's discuss your views of the "wonderful creation." I love the world, and life. But I am one of the lucky ones alive and well and able to express that view. Many creatures, both human and non-human, lived their entire, brief lives in torment. They never had a chance to know what you and I have known. Many of them died by being eaten alive by other creatures who were themselves only trying to survive. And they did nothing to deserve any of that. So while it's a wonderful world for many of us, only a psychotic and a maniac would deliberately make it this way. The world does not at all look like an omnipotent and loving god designed it. It looks exactly as a thoughtful person would expect it to look if it was just an expression of cold, impersonal natural forces that do not care whether we live or die, or suffer while we live. As a parent, I know that is not how a living parent would behave if he had a choice. So while I can't prove there isn't a god, it's as plain as day that the God described in the Bible makes no sense at all.

To answer your question, people created science, often over the kicking and screaming opposition of their so-called religious leaders.

Guest Believer

While all the atheists are arguing over details of this or that, they're all missing the big picture. The headline here is the fact that God

created the universe and all within it. Evolution of man and his intellect is all part of God's plan. What atheists call science, the rest of us

understand it's just another wonderful creation of God.

. Amen brother.

. Amen brother.

Ah yes, the Christian social support system. Tell people that they're right, and they're more likely to believe that they are right. It's one of the main psychological factors in belief.

Meanwhile, Mr. "Amen brother" doesn't care that KC's post is just a collection of conclusions, most of which don't make sense for the reasons pointed out in post #2. Just tell 'em what they want to hear. They don't even realize that they're cheapening their own religion.

Meanwhile, science is making progress every year, every day practically. There's a great website called Science Daily, which has articles on new discoveries in science nearly every day. Spend some time there, then you'll be less likely to be disrespectful toward science.

While all the atheists are arguing over details of this or that, they're all missing the big picture.

Yeah, those pesky details, all those facts and formulas that your toughest teachers practically pleaded with you to learn. Only you didn't. So now you're an adult, and you still expect someone to hand you truth in a nice, neat LITTLE package.

Truth doesn't work that way. If you really cared about the big picture, you would know that. And you would know that you can't get to the truth without paying attention to the details.

Guest Kearny Christian

Those details are called the facts, and the operations of nature, which we uncover by science. In the thousands of years of human history, believing in God has not added anything to the big picture and in many cases has obscured it.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and ask yourself the equivalent question you ask of atheists. Who or what created God? I've heard Christians "answer" that question but never in a way that was persuasive and sensible.

How do you know that there is a god in the first place? You don't. It's not a fact. It's a wish. You're just picking out what you would like to be true and calling it an answer to the ultimate questions. Only it doesn't answer anything: first, because there's no basis for it and second, because it does not yield additional tools to discover more information or more of the workings of nature, like science does.

Now let's discuss your views of the "wonderful creation." I love the world, and life. But I am one of the lucky ones alive and well and able to express that view. Many creatures, both human and non-human, lived their entire, brief lives in torment. They never had a chance to know what you and I have known. Many of them died by being eaten alive by other creatures who were themselves only trying to survive. And they did nothing to deserve any of that. So while it's a wonderful world for many of us, only a psychotic and a maniac would deliberately make it this way. The world does not at all look like an omnipotent and loving god designed it. It looks exactly as a thoughtful person would expect it to look if it was just an expression of cold, impersonal natural forces that do not care whether we live or die, or suffer while we live. As a parent, I know that is not how a living parent would behave if he had a choice. So while I can't prove there isn't a god, it's as plain as day that the God described in the Bible makes no sense at all.

To answer your question, people created science, often over the kicking and screaming opposition of their so-called religious leaders.

You're seriously disturbed. You say you're a parent. I hope your children aren't effected by your bizarre thoughts.

You're seriously disturbed. You say you're a parent. I hope your children aren't effected by your bizarre thoughts.

If you're going to post, the least you can do is say something. It's all true, and you know it. Which is why you don't say anything in your "response." If you actually had anything to say, you would say it.