Deputy Mayor or BOE Member?

Guest Legal Beagle

Guest Legal Beagle

I THOUGHT THAT NOBODY COULD HOLD TWO PUBLIC APPOINTED POSITIONS? HOW CAN DEPUTY MAYOR SHERRY BE BOTH DEPUTY MAYOR AND BOE MEMBER? DOESNT SHE HAVE TO GIVE UP ONE OF THEM?

Guest Pro Sherry

You're a "Legal Beagle"? If you knew anything about the law, you'd know that Deputy Mayor is an appointed uncompensated position at the discretion of the Mayor, and BOE member is an ELECTED position at the discretion of the public. There is no conflict. If there was, the Mayor, a constitutional attorney would not have re-appointed Ms. Sherry.

Now go sit in the corner for not doing your homework.

Guest No Integrity

You're a "Legal Beagle"? If you knew anything about the law, you'd know that Deputy Mayor is an appointed uncompensated position at the discretion of the Mayor, and BOE member is an ELECTED position at the discretion of the public. There is no conflict. If there was, the Mayor, a constitutional attorney would not have re-appointed Ms. Sherry.

Now go sit in the corner for not doing your homework.

I never claimed to know anything about law. If you READ the post it asks 3 questions not statements, of which I would hoped that someone could answer. Did you ever think that Mayor Santos re-appointed Ms. Cherry because she previously held that position? That if she is not allowed to hold both positions SHE would have to chose one or the other? God knows she can not make the tough decisions as she has shown already, maybe this re-appointment by the Mayor was a challenge of her integrity or the lack of it.

Now go sit in your corner for not proof reading before banging away on the keyboard.

I never claimed to know anything about law. If you READ the post it asks 3 questions not statements, of which I would hoped that someone could answer. Did you ever think that Mayor Santos re-appointed Ms. Cherry because she previously held that position? That if she is not allowed to hold both positions SHE would have to chose one or the other? God knows she can not make the tough decisions as she has shown already, maybe this re-appointment by the Mayor was a challenge of her integrity or the lack of it.

Now go sit in your corner for not proof reading before banging away on the keyboard.

Ummm, her name is Mrs. Sherry. :-)