Kearny schools superintendent fired? Is it true?

Guest Guest

Look's like we found out alot!!!

Fire Superintendent for no reason $500,000+ Tax Dollars

Hire Investigator for a witch hunt to try and find something wrong $100,000+

Watching our most uneducated elected board members make a fool of themselves by wasting tax dollars Priceless!!!

Did the BOE state a reason publicly? If not, they should. I thought the now-former superintendent was a bad hire because he wasn't in education but that's not enough of a reason to fire him once he's in. I'm not saying the Board was wrong, I'd just like to know why they did it.

Guest Says Who?

Who told you he wasn't in education? the current board? In his 30 year career he has been working in school districts whether it be on the education side or the business side. In this day and age you need to have experience in BOTH areas, something Kearny has never had. With an 86 million dollar ($86,000,000.00) budget why would you not want to have someone with BOTH sides of the aisle covered? Kearny FINALLY had a Super with educational experience and a Master's Degree in finance but because he would not make decisions that the corrupt individuals on the BOARD and the people on the outside pulling their strings want him to do, he must be replaced!!! A TOTAL DISGRACE. Selfish individuals who want things done for themselves, their friends and family.

Who told you he wasn't in education? the current board? In his 30 year career he has been working in school districts whether it be on the education side or the business side. In this day and age you need to have experience in BOTH areas, something Kearny has never had. With an 86 million dollar ($86,000,000.00) budget why would you not want to have someone with BOTH sides of the aisle covered? Kearny FINALLY had a Super with educational experience and a Master's Degree in finance but because he would not make decisions that the corrupt individuals on the BOARD and the people on the outside pulling their strings want him to do, he must be replaced!!! A TOTAL DISGRACE. Selfish individuals who want things done for themselves, their friends and family.

That's helpful information if it's true but please be more specific. What was his experience in education before the job here?

Guest unhappy taxpayer

What the hell is wrong with this BOE Is it more important to flex power then do the right thing. I never never post but just have to vent. I have talked to all my sons friends and parents after reading the post in the paper. It seems everyone I spoke to was very happy with with the new Super. He was actually trying to get the high school fixed after the last disaster, and trying to so the right thing for the broken system. . nit picking over little thing, and overlooking the big picture is stupid. I truly believe that he is being ousted because his moral duty and obligation to do do what was right in letting a Mr. Doren go. I also think this is an absolute disgrace because of Nepotisim.I thought at least one or two of the newbies would not be drawn into this spitefulness, nor follow someone with an ax to grind. Come on newbies think for yourselves.Give the man a chance. Oh and I am not related to any one nor have family members related to anyone. Just outside looking in.. .

I read the Kearny Observer article on the BOE and the superintendent of schools. Turns out he hasn't been fired but the Board is looking into some of his conduct. The Observer story included some direct quotes, including one from Mayor Santos, which is very different from what was presented here. If the facts are as stated in the Observer, the Board has legitimate grounds for concern. And being called political by John Leadbeater is like being called ugly by a frog.

And I had to wait until the Observer came out to find out a few of the facts. Why can't the right wingers who post here tell the truth occasionally?

The truth is that the Super is doing what's right and in the best interest of students and taxpayers and this board wants no part of that. They want their person in office so they can DIRECT their person to do what they want including who gets jobs and being qualified is not required.

The fact that he enforced what the State of NJ dictated to him regarding terminating a Board members brother who according to the State was Never approved by them to be employed is now being "taken out" for upholding the Law is dead wrong and the State will get envolved with this unethical action which has criminal implications as well.

I read the Kearny Observer article on the BOE and the superintendent of schools. Turns out he hasn't been fired but the Board is looking into some of his conduct. The Observer story included some direct quotes, including one from Mayor Santos, which is very different from what was presented here. If the facts are as stated in the Observer, the Board has legitimate grounds for concern. And being called political by John Leadbeater is like being called ugly by a frog.

And I had to wait until the Observer came out to find out a few of the facts. Why can't the right wingers who post here tell the truth occasionally?

AGREED, I'M GLAD YOU AGREE WITH THE OBSERVER THAT BOARD MEMBER ***** ****** ******* SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN WORKING HERE, AROUND OUR CHILDREN WITH NUMEROUS DRUG CONVICTIONS AS REVEALED BY THE STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT. AS STATED BY THE STATE, "HE MUST BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY AND PERMANENTLY." THE SUPERINTENDENT FOLLOWED A DIRECT ORDER FROM THE STATE AND NOW MS. LINDENFELSER SAYS MR. FERRARO MIGHT HAVE WRONGFULLY FIRED AN EMPLOYEE SO WE HAVE TO INVESTIGATE THE SUPER. ARE THEY GOING TO INVESTIGATE THE STATE CRIMINAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT AS WELL?

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? IT'S ILLEGAL AND HOW DOES A BOARD MEMBER SIT THERE FOR 4 YEARS AND DO NOTHING?

Edited by KOTW
Content.