AD Should Go

Guest Longtime Kearnyite

Guest Longtime Kearnyite

Before I write about Kearny High Schools AD/VP I would first like to Congratulate St. Peter's AD/Head Football coach, Rich Hansen for squeaking out a tough victory over Kearny. Now that he can sleep at night wondering if he would have ever got his 200 career win last year when facing hudson county's elite football team from Kearny who canceled the game last year due to lack of players, who were out with injuries and plain out would not have been able to field a team. He can continue to vote to keep Kearny in his division to muster power points.

Now I'm sure Mr. Millar is happy with this beating since it was not the soccer team. He continues to place these kids in a division of play where they will never succeed. Kearny Football should be playing an independent schedule aside from all the other athletics so the kids that play football can even be competitive and build a program. Until Millar is gone we will never have an AD who cares across the board for all athletics. Beside paying him a Vice Principal salary and having no responsibility for education.

Like the program, hate the program, like the coach, hate the coach, like Mr. Miller, hate, Mr. Miller....doesn't matter, KHS and Mr. Miller have no say in the division they are placed. Ironically, the coach at St. Peter's as president of the division (league?) has more of a say. The divisions that KHS plays in are set by the state rules for high school sports.

Guest BORGESS

TO GUEST: that is incredibly wrong, Kearny most definitely has "say" in where it will play football Look up Bergen Tech's schedule, they are INDEPENDENT. Look at what Nutley did, they got a lawyer and fought for their kids so they didn't have to play Don Bosco and Bergen Catholic anymore. If this was soccer you can surely bet such an injustice would not exist. We have full say, but WE must be the ones who FIGHT to get out of this division FOR FOOTBALL. They are not gonna let us out, as the previous poster said we too much to them for power points. We must FIGHT and make sure out kids have a competitive chance to succeed.

TO GUEST: that is incredibly wrong, Kearny most definitely has "say" in where it will play football Look up Bergen Tech's schedule, they are INDEPENDENT. Look at what Nutley did, they got a lawyer and fought for their kids so they didn't have to play Don Bosco and Bergen Catholic anymore. If this was soccer you can surely bet such an injustice would not exist. We have full say, but WE must be the ones who FIGHT to get out of this division FOR FOOTBALL. They are not gonna let us out, as the previous poster said we too much to them for power points. We must FIGHT and make sure out kids have a competitive chance to succeed.

I don't know all of the logistics involved, but I do know a few years ago, Kearny was able to apply for and given a temporary independent status in the league. It was temporary and although the district tried to fight to maintain that status or move into a more appropriate division, they weren't allowed to. I believe that it has to do with numbers of students, not the talent on the teams. I could be wrong about how schools are placed in the divisions, but I am NOT WRONG about the district having no say in the division they play. Other schools have tried to change divisions - St Mary, Rutherford, for one. They are a very small school with a very good football program. For many seasons they have played in a division that their coach feels doesn't offer their players the kind of competition that would bring more attention to his players on the college level. They can't get out because of the size of the school. I know for a fact that they've applied and tried but keep being denied.