Why Should We Worry About Corruption?

Guest Indictments come soon

Guest Indictments come soon

Why should we worry about corruption?

When it is pervasive and uncontrolled, corruption thwarts economic development and undermines political legitimacy. Less pervasive variants result in wasted resources, increased inequity in resource distribution, less political competition and greater distrust of government. Creating and exploiting opportunities for bribery at high levels of government also increases the cost of government, distorts the allocation of government spending, and may dangerously lower the quality of infrastructure. Even relative petty or routine corruption can rob government of revenues, distort economic decision-making, and impose negative externalities on society, such as dirtier air and water or unsafe buildings.

Corruption is behavior which deviates from the formal duties of a public role [office] because of a private-regarding (personal, close family, private clique) {lets see Mc Donough works for PVSC, His wife works for the Bd. Of Education, his Sister-in-law in the town hall, his brother-in-law as attorney for Redevelopment as well as a few other positions, his Niece for the Bd. Of Education, his Nephew for the Street Dept, his Sister-in-laws mother for the Senior Center, did I miss anyone Ray? Actually are you related to the Powell family because it seems as though they are all on the take, I mean town payroll also?}

A corrupt civil servant regards his public office as a business, the income of which he will...seek to maximize. The office then becomes a “maximizing unit.” The size of his income depends...upon the market situation and his talents for funding the point of maximal gain on the public’s demand curve. Hmm running his public office as a business of which the income he keeps? No not our plumber, I mean not our Mayor, he owns a few properties in town,actually no he doesn't, he owns property at the Jersey Shore where he will retire to once he puts our town into Bankruptcy.

The pattern of corruption can be said to exist whenever a power holder who is charged with doing certain things, i.e., who is a responsible functionary or officeholder, is by monetary or other rewards not legally provided for, induced to take actions which favor whoever provides the rewards and thereby does damage to the public and its interests.

FORGET ABOUT IMPEACHING , INDICT MCDONOUGH, HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, THE ENTIRE POWELL FAMILY AND ALL THEIR CRONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ha ha ha ha

"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,

Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,

Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,

As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,

Land that I love.

Stand beside her, and guide her

Thru the night with a light from above.

From the mountains, to the prairies,

To the oceans, white with foam

God bless America, My home sweet home. <_<:angry::unsure::angry:

Guest MR. X

When it is pervasive and uncontrolled, corruption thwarts economic development and undermines political legitimacy. Less pervasive variants result in wasted resources, increased inequity in resource distribution, less political competition and greater distrust of government. Creating and exploiting opportunities for bribery at high levels of government also increases the cost of government, distorts the allocation of government spending, and may dangerously lower the quality of infrastructure. Even relative petty or routine corruption can rob government of revenues, distort economic decision-making, and impose negative externalities on society, such as dirtier air and water or unsafe buildings.

Corruption is behavior which deviates from the formal duties of a public role [office] because of a private-regarding (personal, close family, private clique) {lets see Mc Donough works for PVSC, His wife works for the Bd. Of Education, his Sister-in-law in the town hall, his brother-in-law as attorney for Redevelopment as well as a few other positions, his Niece for the Bd. Of Education, his Nephew for the Street Dept, his Sister-in-laws mother for the Senior Center, did I miss anyone Ray? Actually are you related to the Powell family because it seems as though they are all on the take, I mean town payroll also?}

A corrupt civil servant regards his public office as a business, the income of which he will...seek to maximize. The office then becomes a “maximizing unit.” The size of his income depends...upon the market situation and his talents for funding the point of maximal gain on the public’s demand curve. Hmm running his public office as a business of which the income he keeps? No not our plumber, I mean not our Mayor, he owns a few properties in town,actually no he doesn't, he owns property at the Jersey Shore where he will retire to once he puts our town into Bankruptcy.

The pattern of corruption can be said to exist whenever a power holder who is charged with doing certain things, i.e., who is a responsible functionary or officeholder, is by monetary or other rewards not legally provided for, induced to take actions which favor whoever provides the rewards and thereby does damage to the public and its interests.

FORGET ABOUT IMPEACHING , INDICT MCDONOUGH, HIS ENTIRE FAMILY, THE ENTIRE POWELL FAMILY AND ALL THEIR CRONIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know what's funny about this guy. He takes these quotes with big intellectual words from somewhere and then puts in his two cents. That's a riot. Are you trying to sound intelligent, or are you a lawyer, either way you a full of $hit. Try writing something from your own head, and stop quoting other people, you scleptrock.

Guest Guest
You know what's funny about this guy. He takes these quotes with big intellectual words from somewhere and then puts in his two cents. That's a riot. Are you trying to sound intelligent, or are you a lawyer, either way you a full of $hit. Try writing something from your own head, and stop quoting other people, you scleptrock.
no, whats funny is the fact you answered it with your reply. I would take a guess and say your a little worried.

Guest NONRESIDENT - (OUT-OF-TOWNER)

I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.

It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

Guest Guest
My concern lies in the rumor that the applicant was a PVSC official and that the mayor, a PVSC employee, recieved a significant pay raise and promotion after the easement was granted. I am also concerned with the rumor that the zoning board head's son supposedly received a town job after the easement was granted.

Guest Dreamer
I am curious about the zoning board's granting of an easement on a Harrison property after the property owner applied for the easement, at least once, and was denied.

It is my understanding that such an easement would have allowed the property owner to demolish his/her existing property and then build two, two family structures that could have been sold for a profit of at least $200,00.00.

If the easement was granted it is because it was deserved, no one in the town is allowed to do things that would break town ordinances. Your incorrect the mayor doesn't work for PVSC, and furthermore no one in his family works for the Town of Harrison. And the son of the boards president given a job, get real, nothing in this town can happen unless the State of New Jersey approves it, Our mayor has done nothing but save us money by not hiring anyone in the past 5 or 6 years. Your probably one of the AS***LES who believes the rumor that a convicted felon has taken over a department, and is running the town, complete with in an in house *****, hair cuts in his office, and booking numbers.

Harrison is a Great Place to live and Raise a Family.

**The preceding advertisement was paid for by a grant from the good people at Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission Inc. Where OUR SH*T is your SH*T, and WE ALL GIVE A SH*T about SH*T!!!! **

Guest -Indictments come soon-

I hate to tell you Tom, but not everyone is a product of the Harrison School System, some of us did learn how to read and write. I do apologize, if my writing is a bit over your head. No pun intended little guy.

Out of towner my ASS

• 3 years later...

How come nobody's coming to check out the corruption in this town??? It's running rampant! I thought Mr Christie and his vultures would be feasting on our public officials by now.

I've already lost faith in the governing body of this town, now I'm losing faith in the system on a whole.

Guest Ty-D-Bowl
If the easement was granted it is because it was deserved, no one in the town is allowed to do things that would break town ordinances. Your incorrect the mayor doesn't work for PVSC, and furthermore no one in his family works for the Town of Harrison. And the son of the boards president given a job, get real, nothing in this town can happen unless the State of New Jersey approves it, Our mayor has done nothing but save us money by not hiring anyone in the past 5 or 6 years. Your probably one of the AS***LES who believes the rumor that a convicted felon has taken over a department, and is running the town, complete with in an in house *****, hair cuts in his office, and booking numbers.

**The preceding advertisement was paid for by a grant from the good people at Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission Inc. Where OUR SH*T is your SH*T, and WE ALL GIVE A SH*T about SH*T!!!! **

4298[/snapback]

Now thats funny ;):P:P:P

How come nobody's coming to check out the corruption in this town???  It's running rampant!  I thought Mr Christie and his vultures would be feasting on our public officials by now. 

I've already lost faith in the governing body of this town, now I'm losing faith in the system on a whole.

69231[/snapback]

you see harrison secures its blanket by giving away 200k in donations to the politicals of hudson county. money talks bullshit walks! ;)

How come nobody's coming to check out the corruption in this town???  It's running rampant!  I thought Mr Christie and his vultures would be feasting on our public officials by now. 

69231[/snapback]

dont worry comstat saves this town every week! my numbers don't lie ;)

4298[/snapback]

YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND AND YOU ARE A LIAR BY STATING THAT NO ONE IN THE RLATED TO THE MAYOR WORKS IN TOWN, LOOK AROUND PAL THERE ARE MANY , WIFE, SISTER, SISTER-IN-LAW, NIECE, NEWPHEW IN LAW, BROTHER IN LAW (MR. ATTORNEY). AND HE DOES WORK AT PASSAIC VALLEY EARNING $150,000. PLUS PER YEAR THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE MONEY HE GETS ON THE SIDE BY DEVELOPERS AND THE FAVORS HE GETS, LIKE HIS HOUSE ***** ***** ** ***** ***, WHO DO YOU THINK IS BUILDING IT? DO YOU ACTUALY THINK *** ******* *** **? LOOK AROUND WHO IS BUILDING THEIR DEVELOPMENT ACROSS THE WAY? ****** COUSIN? PUT IT ALL TOGETHER, YOU THINK THEY ARE NOT ALL ON THE TAKE? THINK AGAIN? YOU THINK THEY ARE PULLING ONE OVER ON US?????????????????????????

KOTW Note: The above post was edited for content.

Now thats funny ;)  :)  :blink:  :ph34r:

69514[/snapback]

This is not funny, it is outright a crime, how can we let this happen, People wake up and vote for Change, stop complaining and STAND UP FOR HARRISON.

This is not funny, it is outright a crime, how can we let this happen, People wake up and vote for Change, stop complaining and STAND UP FOR HARRISON.

69646[/snapback]

You people are all talk. Get away from your keypads and VOTE for the change that you say you need so bad. Blogging about it on KOTW is only so good, you still gotta get out and vote. Every time people come on here and say they need change. What happens come election day?...the a--holes win by landslide.

I agree with you but people gotta vote them out. Unfortunately votes aren't cast on this website, otherwise we would have cleaned house a long time ago.

Keep the faith...VOTE for your change!

The state only monitors the Police and Fire budgets, no other departments. Thats why there are more DPW workers than Police Officers.

69682[/snapback]

THat is right more sweepers than cops. PS: Crime is climbing higher each and every day (Robberies, burglaries in broad day light.) what about redevelopment? cant wait until something happens when its all here with only 48 active cops!!!!!!!! thats right only 48.

Guest I Want a Job

I want to be Doran's Friend!! He just got his flunky agent at Harrison Realty a job at the New High School. How many jobs with this one added to the total did Doran get for FRIENDS AND FAMILY???? More than the Mayor or Villalta???

I am sure the half-brother's Councilman did nothing since he can't speaka te Englisha so good.

I want to be Doran's  Friend!!  He just got his flunky agent at Harrison Realty a job at the New High School.  How many jobs with this one added to the total did Doran get for FRIENDS AND FAMILY????  More than the Mayor or Villalta???

I am sure the half-brother's Councilman did nothing since he can't speaka te Englisha so good.

69915[/snapback]

Let me tell you Villalta has helped a lot of people with jobs and they were not town jobs, he doesn't forget about anyone nor does he say no to anyone, he does his best to help anyone he can and the person you should go to because he is the only one that responds and the only one who cares at this point.

Guest Future Teller

Let me tell you Villalta has helped a lot of people with jobs and they were not town jobs

How many jobs does his immediate family have at my expense???

I want to be Doran's  Friend!!  He just got his flunky agent at Harrison Realty a job at the New High School.  How many jobs with this one added to the total did Doran get for FRIENDS AND FAMILY????  More than the Mayor or Villalta???

69915[/snapback]

to do what mow the astroturf? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let me tell you Villalta has helped a lot of people with jobs and they were not town jobs, he doesn't forget about anyone nor does he say no to anyone, he does his best to help anyone he can and the person you should go to because he is the only one that responds and the only one who cares at this point.

70004[/snapback]

I guess your one that he got a job along with his whole family!

Archived