HARRISON EAST NEWARK FOOTBALL BOOSTER CLUB

Guest GUEST

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE HARRISON EAST NEWARK FOOTBALL BOOSTER CLUB IS RAN???

Q. WHO ARE THE OFFICERS?

Q. ARE THERE MONTHLY MEETINGS? WHERE?

Q. DO THEY HAVE CHILDREN THAT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?

Q. DO THEY FUNDRAISE?

Q. IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF FUNDRAISERS?

Q. DO THEY PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THE CHILDREN?

Q. ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE IN THEIR ACCOUNT?

Q. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT?

Q. DO THEY HAVE ELECTIONS?

Q. IF SO, HOW OFTEN?

Q. HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?

Guest Arealfootballfan
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE HARRISON EAST NEWARK FOOTBALL BOOSTER CLUB IS RAN???

Q. WHO ARE THE OFFICERS?

Q.  ARE THERE MONTHLY MEETINGS?  WHERE?

Q.  DO THEY HAVE CHILDREN THAT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?

Q.  DO THEY FUNDRAISE? 

Q.  IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF FUNDRAISERS?

Q.  DO THEY PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THE CHILDREN?

Q.  ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE IN THEIR ACCOUNT?

Q.  WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT?

Q.  IF SO, HOW OFTEN?

Q.  HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?

This is what everyone wants to know. There seems to be something fishy here!

Guest Arealfootballfan

Q. WHO ARE THE OFFICERS?

Q.  ARE THERE MONTHLY MEETINGS?  WHERE?

Q.  DO THEY HAVE CHILDREN THAT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE?

Q.  DO THEY FUNDRAISE? 

Q.  IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF FUNDRAISERS?

Q.  DO THEY PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THE CHILDREN?

Q.  ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE IN THEIR ACCOUNT?

Q.  WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT?

Q.  IF SO, HOW OFTEN?

Q.  HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?

This is what everyone wants to know. There seems to be something fishy here!

Guest Resident E Newark

Q. WHO ARE THE OFFICERS? A. Apples

Q. ARE THERE MONTHLY MEETINGS? WHERE? A. Ask Apples, Shore

Q. DO THEY HAVE CHILDREN THAT PLAY IN THE LEAGUE? A. Ask Apples

Q. DO THEY FUNDRAISE? A. Ask Tanski

Q. IF SO, WHAT TYPE OF FUNDRAISERS? A. Collect loose change

Q. DO THEY PROVIDE ANYTHING FOR THE CHILDREN? A. Moral Support

Q. ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE IN THEIR ACCOUNT? A. $90,000

Q. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE ACCOUNT? A. Apples

Q. DO THEY HAVE ELECTIONS? A. NO

Q. IF SO, HOW OFTEN?

Q. HOW DO YOU BECOME A MEMBER?

Guest Former Harrison Rec Parent
This is what everyone wants to know.  There seems to be something fishy here!

These officers have been on for a while, but that is because no one wants to become officers and do the work that is involved with running the Booster Club!!! If anyone wants to be an officer - go to the meetings ask for elections and run!!!! The problem is that everyone complains but no one actually wants to do the work that's involved with running the booster club. So I would suggest that anyone that wants to run go to the next meeting and put your name in that you would like to be an officer, I'm sure they would be glad so that they can stop and retire, because most of their kids have graduated school and they are doing it to keep the booster club alive!!! They would appreciate new blood - finally - because believe me all most of the parents do is B**ch and complain but never actually try to help!!! So hooray if finally there are some parents that give a dam!!!! ALL YOU PARENTS THAT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE REC - SHOULD GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR KIDS - BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU REALLY DO MISS OUT ON ALOT - AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! SO BECOME INVOLVED AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!

These officers have been on for a while, but that is because no one wants to become officers and do the work that is involved with running the Booster Club!!! If anyone wants to be an officer - go to the meetings ask for elections and run!!!! The problem is that everyone complains but no one actually wants to do the work that's involved with running the booster club.  So I would suggest that anyone that wants to run go to the next meeting and put your name in that you would like to be an officer, I'm sure they would be glad so that they can stop and retire, because most of their kids have graduated school and they are doing it to keep the booster club alive!!! They would appreciate new blood - finally - because believe me all most of the parents do is B**ch and complain but never actually try to help!!! So hooray if finally there are some parents that give a dam!!!! ALL YOU PARENTS THAT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE REC - SHOULD GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR KIDS - BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU REALLY DO MISS OUT ON ALOT - AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! SO BECOME INVOLVED AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!

EXCUSED ME BUT I TRYED TO GET INVOLVED, EVERYTIME I WOULD GO TO ONE OF THE GAMES AND ASKED IF THEY NEEDED ANY HELP IT WAS ALWAYS NO, AND THEY HAVE THE SAME PEOPLE FOR YEARS, THAT WILL NOT LET ANYONE ELSE IN.

These officers have been on for a while, but that is because no one wants to become officers and do the work that is involved with running the Booster Club!!! If anyone wants to be an officer - go to the meetings ask for elections and run!!!! The problem is that everyone complains but no one actually wants to do the work that's involved with running the booster club.  So I would suggest that anyone that wants to run go to the next meeting and put your name in that you would like to be an officer, I'm sure they would be glad so that they can stop and retire, because most of their kids have graduated school and they are doing it to keep the booster club alive!!! They would appreciate new blood - finally - because believe me all most of the parents do is B**ch and complain but never actually try to help!!! So hooray if finally there are some parents that give a dam!!!! ALL YOU PARENTS THAT HAVE CHILDREN IN THE REC - SHOULD GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR KIDS - BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T YOU REALLY DO MISS OUT ON ALOT - AND EVENTUALLY YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!! SO BECOME INVOLVED AND STOP COMPLAINING!!!!!!!!

ooooohhhhh!!! who pissed in your cheerios???? sounds like someone hit a nerve.. can you settle down from your little tantrum and maybe answer the questions asked.

ooooohhhhh!!! who pissed in your cheerios????  sounds like someone hit a nerve..  can you settle down from your little tantrum and maybe answer the questions asked.

heres some s##t to go along with the piss in your cheerios.....

Why is it that the people who work the concession stand and those who sell the 50/50's at the Home games get 15 FREEEEEEE... RAFFLE TICKETS PER PERSON?

IF YOU ATTENDED TWO OF OUR HOME GAMES IN HARRISON, I HAVE A TRIVIA QUESTION FOR YOUR TO PONDER OVER............

Q. WHO WERE TWO OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHO WON THE 50/50????????

ANYONE HAVE THE ANSWER PLEASE RESPOND.....

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY NAME DOWN TO BECOME AN OFFICER, CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE & WHEN IS THE NEXT MEETING.

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MY NAME DOWN TO BECOME AN OFFICER,  CAN YOU TELL ME WHERE & WHEN IS THE NEXT MEETING.

Let me guess you a mother of a football player & your husband is a coach.

You want the job come & get it big mouth.Just to let you know it doesn't pay so it won't pay off your husband's gambeling debt.

Let me guess you a mother of a football player & your husband is a coach.

You want the job come & get it big mouth.Just to let you know it doesn't pay so it won't pay off your husband's gambeling debt.

why is it that everytime someone questions the booster club you officers get all defensive and pissy. is it because u are doing something wrong. where is all the money the kids have to raise all year?paying for the 4 slobs the get drunk and flash bartenders (excuse me i just vommited on my self).if its so much of a heartache for u guys stop pissing and moaning and just quit already

Guest Another EN Parent
heres some s##t to go along with the piss in your cheerios.....

Why is it that the people who work the concession stand and those who sell the 50/50's at the Home games get 15 FREEEEEEE... RAFFLE TICKETS PER PERSON?

IF YOU ATTENDED TWO OF OUR HOME GAMES IN HARRISON, I HAVE A TRIVIA QUESTION FOR YOUR TO PONDER OVER............

Q.  WHO WERE TWO OF THE INDIVIDUALS WHO WON THE 50/50????????

ANYONE HAVE THE ANSWER PLEASE RESPOND.....

This is so not true...I've sold 50/50's during our home games when we played at JFK and never received one free ticket. Also I think the Booster Club does a damn good job and as far as "where does the money go?" I can almost guarantee the money goes back to the kids one way or another.

I know I've opened myself up for criticism by replying here so you should know that I am not the coach's wife that lives in EN but just a regular parent that is at every game home or away and I give 150% support to my kids and all the other kids whether playing or cheering. You're probably one of those parents that never comes to a game and sends your kid to the game without any money to even buy a snack at the concession stand but yet you feel you have something to complain about.

why is it that everytime someone questions the booster club you officers get all defensive and pissy.  is it because u are doing something wrong.  where is all the money the kids have to raise all year?paying for the 4 slobs the get drunk and flash bartenders (excuse me i just vommited on my self).if its so much of a heartache for u guys stop pissing and moaning and just quit already

I am a parent who would help out at games back in a day and I can tell you, I know I wouldnt want that job. What people arent looking at here is the over-all big picture. Do you know how many parents dont support, sell or even help out to off-set the cost of what the children receive at their dinner at the end of the season? PLENTY OF THEM!!! Not to imply that you are one of those parents, but what would you do if you were on the board, you know the child either played or cheered their heart out for the season and here comes the dinner and because of the parents, that child receives nothing? Is it fair to do that to the child? What would you do in this case? This is just one of the things these women go through year after year, because I have seen it. All the fund raising goes right back to the children, and they have the books to prove it. What-ever is left over from the year before, stays there for the following year, and it aint much! And fyi, not all guest speakers come free. They keep very accurate records and I'm very sure, that if you contacted them, they would not have any issue with showing you their books. These women do this out of the goodness of their hearts and ask for nothing in return. Its because they care about all the kids in town that they do this because if you think about it, non of them have children that participate any longer because of age. If you are so set on wanting to become an officer, why dont you go and spend all of your time ( as much as they do) to sit with the board and help out with everything they do. Then you would be able to see for yourself what goes one before you pass judgement. And what they do with ther personal lives, is no-one elses business but their own. As the saying goes, " He who is free from sin...." Have a blessed day! :wub:

I am a parent who would help out at games back in a day and I can tell you, I know I wouldnt want that job.  What people arent looking at here is the over-all big picture.  Do you know how many parents dont support, sell or even help out to off-set the cost of what the children receive at their dinner at the end of the season?  PLENTY OF THEM!!!  Not to imply that you are one of those parents, but what would you do if you were on the board, you know the child either played or cheered their heart out for the season and here comes the dinner and because of the parents, that child receives nothing?  Is it fair to do that to the child?  What would you do in this case?  This is just one of the things these women go through year after year, because I have seen it.  All the fund raising goes right back to the children, and they have the books to prove it.  What-ever is left over from the year before, stays there for the following year, and it aint much!  And fyi, not all guest speakers come free.  They keep very accurate records and I'm very sure, that if you contacted them, they would not have any issue with showing you their books.  These women do this out of the goodness of their hearts and ask for nothing in return.  Its because they care about all the kids in town that they do this because if you think about it, non of them have children that participate any longer because of age.  If you are so set on wanting to become an officer, why dont you go and spend all of your time ( as much as they do) to sit with the board and help out with everything they do.  Then you would be able to see for yourself what goes one before you pass judgement.  And what they do with ther personal lives, is no-one elses business but their own.  As the saying goes, " He who is free from sin...."  Have a blessed day! :)

I agree - those ladies work very hard and as a wife of a coach and a parent of a player i know for sure they do what they are supposed to do. It takes alot to do what they do. I know that i would not want the job nor would i be able to handle it. It does not pay and all the time they give to this program is voluntary. No, they no longer have kids in the program and that just goes to show how much dedication they have. The ladies have said to me multiple times that if someone came along they would gladly give it over, They have even asked me if i wanted to run. Many people say they want to do it, but when it comes time - no one wants it. They stay with it simply so our kids can have a program. I have been to quite a few meetings and only 1 or 2 parents show up. They only require each child to raise $100.00 - this is not alot considering each child gets a free ticket to the fiesta ($25.00) a jacket (approx:$40.00) and a trophy (approx: $20.00) they also let the coaches go to the dinner for free ($25.00 each)

They also have a guest speaker at every dinner (approx: $1,000.00) They also pay to keep our website up and running (approx: $400.00 annually)

No - It's not fare that some kids can not raise the money because of the parents, but then again it is not fare to the kids who have the parents that bust there butts raising the $100.00 to make sure there kid gets a jacket and trophy.

If you have a kid in the program and you want to voice your opinion that is fine, but if not - Be quiet! You have no idea what goes on. There is alot more involved than just the booster club - You also have the Meadowlands Football League and i know for a fact that the other towns require a hell of alot more money and fundraising than Harrison does. So if you think $100.00 is alot of money - Try North Arlington - they make there kids raise alot more that a hundred bucks.

For the record - i have also sold 50/50 raffles for them at the games and no one gets free tickets and what they do in there own spare time is there business, one has nothing to do with the other.

Ladies keep up the good work and don't let this stupid topic discourage you - We who are part of the program think you are doing a fine job!

Guest HELPER IN REC DEPT

STOP CRYING ABOUT STUPID CRAP WORRY ABOUT THE TAXES AND OTHER SHIT IN THE TOWN. 50/50 ARE STUPID IN GAMES ANYWAY LEAVE THE SHIT WORRRY ABOUT MORE PRBLEMS THEN 50/50 OK DIPSHITS :angry:

In response to the inquiries about the Harrison E/Nwk Booster Club. My name is Cindy Wurum and I am the president of the club. If you ever had any questions you could of contacted anyone on the club directly. Unfortunately some people want to complain and remain annonymous. To become a board member you need to be nominated at a meeting by a participating parent & second by another. If more than 1 person is nominated then an election is held by all participating parents. The terms are for 2 years. Meetings are held once a month at the Community Center starting in August for 4 months. In the welcome letter sent home at the beginning of every season it states when the meetings begin. Unfortunately, like all letters sent home only the same few helping parents respond or pay attention. In response about the balance of funds. The books are opened for review at every meeting. If you would like you can make an appointment with the treasurer to review them. Our names and numbers are always on the paperwork sent home.

For the past 11 years we have served on the board and have no children left in the program. We have continued volunteering our time, away from our families because no others have every showed interest in taking over. (we have asked many times) No other town offers such a great program like Harrison. From registration fees to the dinner at the Fiesta. We hear compliments from other towns all the time. We did not want to see a 22 year tradition turn into hot dogs being served at a hall.

As for getting drunk on the weekends & flashing bartenders, I have never flashed anyone. If I choose to go out on the weekends, I am a grown woman and don't need to answer to anyone about my actions. My only response would be that to me it seems you have quite alot of spare time on your hands worrying about what I do. (I do appreciate your caring) I think your spare time could be better spent with your families and not stroking your keyboards. (But thats just my opinion)

Note: KOTW has no means of verifying that the poster is in fact Cindy Wurum. Due to the nature of the post (and prior posts), the post was allowed without the verification.

In response to the inquiries about the Harrison E/Nwk Booster Club.  My name is Cindy Wurum and I am the president of the club.  If you ever had any questions you could of contacted anyone on the club directly.  Unfortunately some people want to complain and remain annonymous.  To become a board member you need to be nominated at a meeting by a participating parent & second by another.  If more than 1 person is nominated then an election is held by all participating parents.  The terms are for 2 years.  Meetings are held once a month at the Community Center starting in August for 4 months.  In the welcome letter sent home at the beginning of every season it states when the meetings begin.  Unfortunately, like all letters sent home only the same few helping parents respond or pay attention.  In response about the balance of funds.  The books are opened for review at every meeting.  If you would like you can make an appointment with the treasurer to review them.  Our names and numbers are always on the paperwork sent home.

For the past 11 years we have served on the board and have no children left in the program.  We have continued volunteering our time, away from our families because no others have every showed interest in taking over.  (we have asked many times)  No other town offers such a great program like Harrison.  From registration fees to the dinner at the Fiesta.  We hear compliments from other towns all the time.  We did not want to see a 22 year tradition turn into hot dogs being served at a hall.

As for getting drunk on the weekends & flashing bartenders, I have never flashed anyone.  If I choose to go out on the weekends, I am a grown woman and don't need to answer to anyone about my actions.  My only response would be that to me it seems you have quite alot of spare time on your hands worrying about what I do.  (I do appreciate your caring)  I think your spare time could be better spent with your families and not stroking your keyboards. (But thats just my opinion)

Note:  KOTW has no means of verifying that the poster is in fact Cindy Wurum. Due to the nature of the post (and prior posts), the post was allowed without the verification.

YOU STILL DO THE VOLUTEER BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE IT.

Guest Bystander
YOU STILL DO THE VOLUTEER BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO HAVE IT.

If you think that way about the booster club... why don't you get involved?

They are always looking for people to help! Maybe if you got off you butt and stepped away from bashing people on the computer, you might actually find some more productive ways to live your life!

Cindy and others would be more than happy to have someone else pick up some of the work that goes into running that booster club alive.

Guest FRIENDS FOREVER

YOU SHOULD NOT NO 50/50'S IN THE FOOTBALL GAME BECAUSE IT'S GAMBLING AND THERE'S NO GAMBLING ON TOWN PLACES CAUSE ITS THE LAW. STOP THE 50/50'S OR ILL CALL SOMEONE TO FIND OUT HOW TO STOP IT STOP CRYING AND WORRY ABOUT UR TAXES OK. :wub:

In response to the inquiries about the Harrison E/Nwk Booster Club.  My name is Cindy Wurum and I am the president of the club.  If you ever had any questions you could of contacted anyone on the club directly.  Unfortunately some people want to complain and remain annonymous.  To become a board member you need to be nominated at a meeting by a participating parent & second by another.  If more than 1 person is nominated then an election is held by all participating parents.  The terms are for 2 years.  Meetings are held once a month at the Community Center starting in August for 4 months.  In the welcome letter sent home at the beginning of every season it states when the meetings begin.  Unfortunately, like all letters sent home only the same few helping parents respond or pay attention.  In response about the balance of funds.  The books are opened for review at every meeting.  If you would like you can make an appointment with the treasurer to review them.  Our names and numbers are always on the paperwork sent home.

For the past 11 years we have served on the board and have no children left in the program.  We have continued volunteering our time, away from our families because no others have every showed interest in taking over.  (we have asked many times)  No other town offers such a great program like Harrison.  From registration fees to the dinner at the Fiesta.  We hear compliments from other towns all the time.  We did not want to see a 22 year tradition turn into hot dogs being served at a hall.

As for getting drunk on the weekends & flashing bartenders, I have never flashed anyone.  If I choose to go out on the weekends, I am a grown woman and don't need to answer to anyone about my actions.  My only response would be that to me it seems you have quite alot of spare time on your hands worrying about what I do.  (I do appreciate your caring)  I think your spare time could be better spent with your families and not stroking your keyboards. (But thats just my opinion)

Note:  KOTW has no means of verifying that the poster is in fact Cindy Wurum. Due to the nature of the post (and prior posts), the post was allowed without the verification.

WAY TO GO CINDY... YOU TELL EM. GREAT JOB TO YOU AND ALL THE OTHERS

Guest MEMBER OF BOYS SCOUTS

THE BOY SCOUTS GETS INVOLVED WHY THE PARENTS PUT THEIR BOYS IN THE BOY SCOUTS THEY LEARN ALOT AND ALSO GO CAMPING AND MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE THE BOY SCOUTS AGES ARE FROM 11 TO 18 YEARS OLD AND CUB SCOUTS 6 TO 10 YRS OLD CUBS SCOUTS (MEETS IN K OF C) ON MONDAY NIGHT FROM 7:OOPM TO 8:30PM AND THE BOY SCOUTS MEETS AT THE HARRISON EAST NEWARK ELKS ON WEDNESDAY FROM 7:00PM TO 8:30PM ANY QUESTION YOU CAN THE GUY IN PARK BY THE POST OFFICE IN HARRISON THE GUY WORKS FOR THE TOWN THAT WEARS GLASSES THAT HAD LOST THE WEIGH YOU CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT THE BOY SCOUTS OR CUBS SCOUTS OK! <_<:)

THE BOY SCOUTS GETS INVOLVED WHY THE PARENTS PUT THEIR BOYS IN THE BOY SCOUTS THEY LEARN ALOT AND ALSO GO CAMPING AND MEET ALOT OF PEOPLE THE BOY SCOUTS AGES ARE FROM 11 TO 18 YEARS OLD  AND          CUB SCOUTS 6 TO 10 YRS OLD  CUBS SCOUTS (MEETS IN K OF C)  ON MONDAY NIGHT FROM 7:OOPM TO 8:30PM AND THE BOY SCOUTS MEETS AT THE HARRISON EAST NEWARK ELKS ON WEDNESDAY FROM 7:00PM TO 8:30PM ANY QUESTION YOU CAN THE GUY IN PARK BY THE POST OFFICE IN HARRISON THE GUY WORKS FOR THE TOWN THAT WEARS GLASSES THAT HAD LOST THE WEIGH YOU CAN TALK TO HIM ABOUT THE BOY SCOUTS OR CUBS SCOUTS OK! ;)  :P

Boy Scouts ????

Don't write about positive alternatives here buddy. We want bad mouthing and belittling only please. Throw in some good old fashioned name calling as well. All right then, let's pick it up where it left off.

Oh, before I forget ........... Have a nice day everybody ! :)

Guest FRIENDS OF THE BOY SCOUTS

THE BOY SCOUTS ARE THE BEST THING THEN THE SPORTS IN TOWN CAUSE YOUR KIDS LEARN ABOUT EVERYTHING ABOUT HISTROY TO THE PRESENT LEAVE THE BOY SCOUTS ALONE THE SCOUTS NEED MORE KIDS TO GET INVOLVE PLEASE SENT UR KIDS TO THE BOY SCOUTS! :(