New Superintendent of Schools

Guest Taxpayer

Guest Taxpayer

So now there's a newly-appointed - by the outgoing board - superintendent of schools. Unfortunately his career has been as a business administrator not an educator. I'd really love to hear the logic, if there is any, on this choice since the taxpayers are now on the hook for a nearly $170K salary a year for 4 years for someone who knows less about the educational system than the people he will be leading! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? Does this make sense or is the board majority trying to guarantee they can have a high paid puppet? What the hell is going on behind closed doors?????????

So now there's a newly-appointed - by the outgoing board - superintendent of schools. Unfortunately his career has been as a business administrator not an educator. I'd really love to hear the logic, if there is any, on this choice since the taxpayers are now on the hook for a nearly $170K salary a year for 4 years for someone who knows less about the educational system than the people he will be leading! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? Does this make sense or is the board majority trying to guarantee they can have a high paid puppet? What the hell is going on behind closed doors?????????

The slimeballs who just got voted out of office couldn't come up with a Superintendent until after the election where the only member of their faction got thrown out on his ear! He lost BY A LOT. NOW they hire a Super, and one without the proper experience! This is nuts. Anyone who votes for ANY of the five stooges EVER AGAIN is CRAZY!

I'm going to start by saying - I did not support this man for superintendent, so please don't think I'm starting an argument - simply looking for informaition. Did they in fact give him a 4 year contract or a 1 year contract like the new HS principal was offered? Are we paying him the $170K - that's the maximum, not the required salary. Does anyone know the details of this hiring - which I am sure we will all pay for in many ways.

Guest Taxpayer 2

Mr. Taxpayer, it was ok when we had a MUSIC TEACHER making over $200k a year for 4 years as superintendant. How about we see what he has to offer before you start with your BS. As per your comment " outgoing board" they accomplish a lot more than your 4 cronies you being one of them.....

Guest How We Forget

I'm sure he'll be a lot better than the $220,000.00 band director/music teacher.

Guest John Galt

It might turn out to be a good move. All of his subordinates have lots of education experience and he can rely on them. A good leader needs to make sure his subordinates have what they need to do the job and then leave them alone to do it! With all the constuction at the HS, etc., his background is well suited for the job.

It might turn out to be a good move. All of his subordinates have lots of education experience and he can rely on them. A good leader needs to make sure his subordinates have what they need to do the job and then leave them alone to do it! With all the constuction at the HS, etc., his background is well suited for the job.

Really, Mr. Galt - What exactly is his construction background? There seems to be so little known about him, please, whatever details you have should be shared.

Guest I'm a taxypayer too

Mr. Taxpayer, it was ok when we had a MUSIC TEACHER making over $200k a year for 4 years as superintendant. How about we see what he has to offer before you start with your BS. As per your comment " outgoing board" they accomplish a lot more than your 4 cronies you being one of them.....

Sorry, I'm not one of the 4 cronies, but at least we know that the MUSIC TEACHER earned his credentials. Can you say the same about the new guy? And if the governor hadn't lowered the salaries for ALL superintendents, you have to wonder just how much $$$$ the Fab 5 would have thrown at this new guy just to keep him. And you also have to ask, WHY?

Guest Big Bad Wolf

I'm sure he'll be a lot better than the $220,000.00 band director/music teacher.

I so seriously doubt that, but it's so hard to get through to the irrational Digesere haters. Boys, you just take it all soooo personally. You really need to get a thicker skin. Kind of like your thick heads.