B.O.E. hires new H.S. Principal

Guest R U Kidding me

Guest R U Kidding me

How in the world did our board just hire the former principal of Lakewood High School. This man was let go from Lakewood for having the lowest graduation rate in the state last. Nice job on that one you guys have to be smoking something!

How in the world did our board just hire the former principal of Lakewood High School. This man was let go from Lakewood for having the lowest graduation rate in the state last. Nice job on that one you guys have to be smoking something!

Hah! You think that's a good one, wait till you see who they appoint superintendent of schools! You aint' see nothing yet!

I am sure that Mr. Gilson has a poor record coming from Lakewood HS. Lakewood is really a screwed up school district. Mostly a Jewish community, Lakewood's Board of Education is made up of mostly Jewish men who

have no use for public education--most kids are Jews and go to Jewish schools within Lakewood. They spend more on busing of their kids than Kearny spends on educating kids. The boys and girls that attend Lakewood

schools are mostly children of Black and Hispanic parents who have poor educations and have no way of improving the school system for their kids. We will have to see what Mr. Gilson has to offer--if he is good, than so be it.

If he is a poor leader, than throw him out. Hopefully, the BOE gave him a trial contract. Thankfully, they did not hire one of the present three VP's. I feel for Mr. Gilson--he has to work with those men who have not a clue. Not

one academic among the three. A shop teacher, a music teacher, and, of course, a physical education teacher--there are all kinds of backgrounds but not any of the academic status.

Good Luck Mr. Gilson--you will need it.

I am sure that Mr. Gilson has a poor record coming from Lakewood HS. Lakewood is really a screwed up school district. Mostly a Jewish community, Lakewood's Board of Education is made up of mostly Jewish men who

have no use for public education--most kids are Jews and go to Jewish schools within Lakewood. They spend more on busing of their kids than Kearny spends on educating kids. The boys and girls that attend Lakewood

schools are mostly children of Black and Hispanic parents who have poor educations and have no way of improving the school system for their kids. We will have to see what Mr. Gilson has to offer--if he is good, than so be it.

If he is a poor leader, than throw him out. Hopefully, the BOE gave him a trial contract. Thankfully, they did not hire one of the present three VP's. I feel for Mr. Gilson--he has to work with those men who have not a clue. Not

one academic among the three. A shop teacher, a music teacher, and, of course, a physical education teacher--there are all kinds of backgrounds but not any of the academic status.

Good Luck Mr. Gilson--you will need it.

No nice to read a post from someone who can see clearly.

Guest Big Willie

Wow, You have to tell me , that there was absoulutely no other teacher working in the Kearny school system for at leat 10 years that was qualified?

If you people would have a set of balls and courage, You would demand to have someone from Kearny put on to be the principal. But don't jump up, Nah, don't worry, It's only your childrens welfare at stake. Grab another donut, put on those extra winter pounds.

Wow, You have to tell me , that there was absoulutely no other teacher working in the Kearny school system for at leat 10 years that was qualified?

If you people would have a set of balls and courage, You would demand to have someone from Kearny put on to be the principal. But don't jump up, Nah, don't worry, It's only your childrens welfare at stake. Grab another donut, put on those extra winter pounds.

I think the problem is that no one who was eligible for the position wanted the job.

Someone should learn the difference between "than" and "then."

1. Thank you for the grammar check--yes, then.

2. Now for the "balls"--did you think that maybe politics might be involved? Do you think that past principals SV,FD, AS, and Dr. CB didn't have connections? You can bet the ranch on that. The word was that some actually paid people on the Board to get their jobs--now that is "balls." We had a guy, JD, who came from Pennsylvania--did he have connections--while it seemed that he was a fair and wise choice--connections run deep and no one knows what you are getting--it is like a "box of chocolates"--you don't know what your getting "until you take a bite." Like I said, give Mr. Gilson a shot--he might be just what we need. As for MH, the former VP of Franklin School--ask him to tell you about ML from Lincoln School and his time with her. You don't want him, that is a fact.

Guest Forrest

no one knows what you are getting--it is like a "box of chocolates"--you don't know what your getting "until you take a bite." .

I'm not sure what crappy chocolate you buy but any reputable box of chocolate has a clearly labeled "map" that details what you getting.

I'm not sure what crappy chocolate you buy but any reputable box of chocolate has a clearly labeled "map" that details what you getting.

Too many boxes of cheap chocolates. You need to spend a few bucks more and get an expensive box of chocolates and see what they have--no road map or GPS. You take your chances on what you pick.

But a good quality box of chocolates will really put some adventure in your dull life. :D

Stay away from Whitman's Chocolates make you brain dead and not willing to take a chance.

Mr. Gilson was employed by Lakewood High School for only one year. How can one expect that he would be able to make any positive changes in a disfuncional school district during that time. Think of the hand he was dealt. He tried his best but he was not responsible for the graduation rate. As a person he was approachable, professional, and decent. Do not judge any one who comes from Lakewood unless you have worked in the district.

The five stooges couldn't hire a principal during all this time. Now, just as they're about to lose their majority, they hire a principal. I don't know Mr. Gilson but I do know the five stooges. This stinks, and so do they.

Guest I'm With You!
Mr. Gilson was employed by Lakewood High School for only one year. How can one expect that he would be able to make any positive changes in a disfuncional school district during that time. Think of the hand he was dealt. He tried his best but he was not responsible for the graduation rate. As a person he was approachable, professional, and decent. Do not judge any one who comes from Lakewood unless you have worked in the district. [/quote. YOU GO GIRL !!!

• 9 months later...