Manor Zoning Change

Guest Guest

Since everything has been a little slow, I read the Observer article about the zone changes to the 3rd ward manor section (only) for now. Anyone have any comments good or bad?

Guest Guest 99

Any time the governing body takes action to stop a developer, especially one who lives and owns one of the older real estate business in town, from attempting to ruin the community solely for his own monetary gains, I'm all for it.

Why would two owners of Coccia Realty operate under the name Elite Realty if the dealings were aboveboard? You tell me, because I can't figure it out.

Insanity and greed has taken over West Hudson. Kearny and Harrison are losers when one house comes down and two go up. No matter what the realestate people say1

The so called tax benefits are lost to the added burdens of school expenses and the service needs of the extra families.

If you look. The majority of these deals are done by people who are out for the quick buck. The majority of whom don't live here. the more callous live amongest us but their greed rules their thinking.

I suppose the thinking is ( "I've got mine so why should I care").

The end of what were two good towns is in sight. Don't, blame the immigrants blame the greedy amongest us!

These people will destroy these towns and then move on to others. I pray that someone will find a way to stop this insanity someday.

Taxpayer and Long Time Resident

Guest Guest 99

I agree with your statements. However, in this case the realtor is a long term resident, maybe even spent his entire life in Kearny. And, he had the nerve to state at the last meeting, "Why are you discriminating against me".

The word has gone out on his business. Now lets see how many commissions his agency gets. :D

Guest FlagMann.
They're nothing but a bunch of money hungry,

cut throat real estate agents anyway! :D

Yes!!! You are right on that!!! They are greedy dirtbags!!!!! They will sell there Mother!! For a buck!!! :angry:

Here comes Newark, Trash, trash, trash, and more trash.

FlagMann.

Since everything has been a little slow, I read the Observer article about the zone changes to the 3rd ward manor section (only) for now. Anyone have any comments good or bad?

The zoning changes for the Manor are very important for ALL of Kearny. I'd really like to thank all the residents that helped me get this idea off the ground.

It's too bad these changes took this long though. In 1998 the Town's Master Plan called for changes like those just enacted. But the Planning Board and the Mayor and Council never pushed for them. Why revise the Master Plan if noone's going to read it and take action?

For example, the 1998 report cites specific areas of the second ward that need to be addressed, just like the Manor. What are we waiting for? Where are the Councilmembers? How many more one-family homes have to become two-family homes, or two's into three's, or three's into four's. Over-development of our residential areas is at the root of every quality of life issue you can think of. If anyone wants examples, just ask.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Guest Guest Kerry

The zoning changes for the Manor are very important for ALL of Kearny. I'd really like to thank all the residents that helped me get this idea off the ground.

It's too bad these changes took this long though. In 1998 the Town's Master Plan called for changes like those just enacted. But the Planning Board and the Mayor and Council never pushed for them. Why revise the Master Plan if noone's going to read it and take action?

For example, the 1998 report cites specific areas of the second ward that need to be addressed, just like the Manor. What are we waiting for? Where are the Councilmembers? How many more one-family homes have to become two-family homes, or two's into three's, or three's into four's. Over-development of our residential areas is at the root of every quality of life issue you can think of. If anyone wants examples, just ask.

Councilman Jim Mangin

Mr. Mangin,

Whether we all agree or not, it's spot zoning and it's discriminatory. There a real good chance, if this is tested, Kearny will just lose another law suit.

Archived