The Lowry Ticket

Guest Mother of 3 in Kearny

Guest Mother of 3 in Kearny

Why is everyone keeping quiet about the fact that the only reason Mrs. Lowry is running is to ensure a teaching position for her daughter. Who by the way, walked right into a permanent sub position without subbing 1 day in a school that Mrs. Lowry knows very very well, wink wink! Yes she cares about children, HERS! We need to stop this BS and take back our Board of Ed, tell these people once and for all STOP THE NEPOTISM and start caring about our children.

Edited by KOTW
The allegation has not been confirmed. It was allowed because the individual is a candidate for political office.

Why is everyone keeping quiet about the fact that the only reason Mrs. Lowry is running is to ensure a teaching position for her daughter. Who by the way, walked right into a permanent sub position without subbing 1 day in a school that Mrs. Lowry knows very very well, wink wink! Yes she cares about children, HERS! We need to stop this BS and take back our Board of Ed, tell these people once and for all STOP THE NEPOTISM and start caring about our children.

Debbie Lowry has more qualifications for the Board than all of the five stooges combined. Cut the uninformed potshots. Just because your candidates only think about doing favors for friends and family doesn't mean everyone is like that.

Well, if we're going with that argument against the very competent, intelligent, and experienced Mrs. Lowry, then I think we need to take a good long look at our current board and also not vote for any incumbent or challenger who might potentially benefit from a position on the BOE.

Can you hear the crickets in the board room after that election?

BTW - a permanent sub position is paid the typical per diem (around $85) the better job is a long term position - a certified teacher can make around $250/day if they get a long term gig - I'd definitely use my influence to get my kid one of those jobs - much better pay.

Guest 1894. woyery

Is Mrs. Lowry's daughter qualified for the position? If the answer is yes, then what's wrong with hiring a qualified woman from the community?

Here we go again! This topic has already been discussed. So answer these questions if you will. #1 was Mrs Lowry a board member when her daughter was appointed a permanent sub? #2 is her daughter qualified? #3 did she grow up in town and does she still live in town? If the answers are no, yes, and yes what and why are we still wasting time on this. And as for walking in on her first day and being appointed as a permanent sub that is an out and out lie - that is not what happened. Look into it. You can't just make stuff up and not be called on it! You shot yourself in the foot with your "wink wink" comment because Mrs. Lowry was not on the Board that appointed her daughter! So you actually just ruined your own point (whstever that may be). So whatever your problem is with a respected educator for over thirty years in town and who chose to remain in town and raise her family here and who now wants to give back by becoming a board member the problem is yours and yours alone

Guest Another Mother

Mr. Webmaster, still selectively censoring I see.

For the record, Mrs. Lowry's daughter is already an employee of the BOE. And if Mrs. Lowry is not a sitting member of the BOE, it can hardly be called nepotism now can it, Mom of 3? Wink, wink.

Guest Fact Checker

Is Mrs. Lowry's daughter qualified for the position? If the answer is yes, then what's wrong with hiring a qualified woman from the community?

Because she bumped a fully qualified person FROM THE COMMUNITY who was the permanent sub at Franklin School, that's why.

Guest Fact Checker

Here we go again! This topic has already been discussed. So answer these questions if you will. #1 was Mrs Lowry a board member when her daughter was appointed a permanent sub? #2 is her daughter qualified? #3 did she grow up in town and does she still live in town? If the answers are no, yes, and yes what and why are we still wasting time on this. And as for walking in on her first day and being appointed as a permanent sub that is an out and out lie - that is not what happened. Look into it. You can't just make stuff up and not be called on it! You shot yourself in the foot with your "wink wink" comment because Mrs. Lowry was not on the Board that appointed her daughter! So you actually just ruined your own point (whstever that may be). So whatever your problem is with a respected educator for over thirty years in town and who chose to remain in town and raise her family here and who now wants to give back by becoming a board member the problem is yours and yours alone

she bumped a fully qualified, Kearny resident. All because Lowry is on the DiGesere ticket. DiGesere appointed the Franklin School Principal who made the switch.

Guest CONCERNED

How can Mrs. Lowry run for the Board of Education when she is collecting a large sum of money from the BOE for the next 4 years. Her payout from the Board of Ed is well over $50,000.00 a year for 5 years.

Because she bumped a fully qualified person FROM THE COMMUNITY who was the permanent sub at Franklin School, that's why.

They're within their rights to make that change. Do you think Mrs. Lowry held a gun to their heads?

They're within their rights to make that change. Do you think Mrs. Lowry held a gun to their heads?

Ummm, since Mrs. Lowry lives in Kearny, isn't her daughter also FROM THE COMMUNITY also?

she bumped a fully qualified, Kearny resident. All because Lowry is on the DiGesere ticket. DiGesere appointed the Franklin School Principal who made the switch.

Oh, sigh, here we go again with the "bogeyman theory". Anything you have an argument with is DIGESERE'S fault (and you never have learned to spell his name right, though I've corrected you several times now. Really now, it's not that hard . . . concentrate and maybe next time you fault "HIM" you could at least spell his name right. ) As for the fully qualified Kearny resident she "bumped", I understand there are issues there & Franklin school isn't the only school to "pass" on that particular candidate.

Guest Inquiring mind

I was told there was a young woman who in fact has been subbing in Kearny schools for a few years, born and raised in Kearny and should have gotten the position. NO I AM NOT RELATED to her nor do I personally know her. I spoke to a relative who said she wanted to be permanent in Kearny. It is my understanding she is not even a permanent sub. How come no one else was condidered seeing as she already had experience in the Kearny school system???????? Also I was told there was a another young lady who had degrees including a masters in special education bu was never intrviewed for that position why is this???????? It was given to a LLD supporters as was the other position. I am no longer undecided on who I am voting for. I agree completely toooooo much nepotisum...its who you know and not about your qualifications.. as a long time resident I will be spreading the word.

Guest parent of a new teacher

Ask anyone who is a sub in Kearny if they would like a permenant sub position? Of course they would. It is gauranteed income for the school year, and if you do a good job it gets you the next open teaching position in the school your in. Mrs. Lowry's daughter bumped the 200 or more teachers on the sub list for her job. I think that's awful. My daughter can't find a teaching job. She would love to be a permenant sub.

Ask anyone who is a sub in Kearny if they would like a permenant sub position? Of course they would. It is gauranteed income for the school year, and if you do a good job it gets you the next open teaching position in the school your in. Mrs. Lowry's daughter bumped the 200 or more teachers on the sub list for her job. I think that's awful. My daughter can't find a teaching job. She would love to be a permenant sub.

FACT: It's guaranteed at about $85 a day with no benefits.

FACT: Anyone with 60 college credits can become a sub - in order to be a permanent or long term sub the person must be a certified teacher in the area they will be working.

FACT: The next opening - not necessarily - not every permanent sub get the next opening. They are often 1st in line for a long term position, but again, not necessarily. Ask around - not every permanent or long term sub gets an opening. Every job is posted and the best candidates are selected for interviews. The best interview get the job.

VERY IMPORTANT: The permanent sub needs to be someone who can get along with the rest of the faculty so that he or she can be part of the teaching process. Principals try to find someone who will "fit in" their faculty.

I don't know the specific people you are referring to, nor do I know Mrs. Lowry's daughter. But, FACT, Mrs Lowry is running against members of the current board, so how can nepotism be part of the process. Clearly this current board doesn't just "rubber stamp" everything that is recommended to them at the conference table (Dr. Baumgartner, Mr. Hoff) so why not ask them why they approved of Mrs. Lowry's daughter's position as a permanent sub?