OMG Kearny BOE get it together

Guest angry taxpayer

Guest angry taxpayer

When you buy a house in Schulyer School district one would expect their child (children) to attend the school. Especially when one's taxes are going toward that School and not shipped off to another School, where some parents have no means of getting the children there. THATS WHY WE BOUGHT OUR HOMES IN THIS DISTRICT SO OUR CHILDERN COULD ATTEND THIS SCHOOL AND NOT BE SCHUFFLED OFF TO ROOSEVELT SCHOOL. This is either poor planning or just not caring.

1. I pay taxes in this district it is the BOE's responsibility to ensure my child and others attend this school

2. Either have another Pre-k class or place more in the existing class. Other classes have over 20 students.

3.Is the BOE going to pay the child care which is estimated at $5,200 because my child and others can't obtain an education in the school I am paying taxes for???????

4.Or is there going to be a bus service to pick them up at Schulyer and transport then to Roosevelt and return them to Schulyer School??????.

5. Did any one look at a map????? kids that live blocks from Roosevelt school have to go to Schulyer, while kids that live by Schulyer have to go to Roosevelt. I understand it might have taken a little time to accomplish this but it should have beendone. If need be I have several parents will to do this FOR OUR CHILDRES'S sake.

6. Oh and by the way one child I know went to Schulyer and moved to the Garfield district and was promply removed to that School last year, and this year was notified he was attending Schulyer what is going on does anyone care???????????

7. I see it this way, you are going to try and make a four year old walk from Schulyer in rain, snow, sleet, because you don't care .Some parents due to the financial reasons have only one car per family thus leaving the child without an the opportunity to attend school which their taxes are paying for. What about the parents with medical issues that walking that distance is impossible? anyone there care?

8. Who is accountable? What is your remedy?

Guest Outsider

They can't agree on a superintendent or a high school principal. How do you expect them to deal with such a complex issue as drawing school boundaries?

It's not poor planning or lack of concern. It's lack of brains. And the longer he stays there the more the interim superintendent will be forever linked to the shameless group of men and women who are responsible for overseeing the Kearny School District.

When you buy a house in Schulyer School district one would expect their child (children) to attend the school. Especially when one's taxes are going toward that School and not shipped off to another School, where some parents have no means of getting the children there. THATS WHY WE BOUGHT OUR HOMES IN THIS DISTRICT SO OUR CHILDERN COULD ATTEND THIS SCHOOL AND NOT BE SCHUFFLED OFF TO ROOSEVELT SCHOOL. This is either poor planning or just not caring.

1. I pay taxes in this district it is the BOE's responsibility to ensure my child and others attend this school

2. Either have another Pre-k class or place more in the existing class. Other classes have over 20 students.

3.Is the BOE going to pay the child care which is estimated at $5,200 because my child and others can't obtain an education in the school I am paying taxes for???????

4.Or is there going to be a bus service to pick them up at Schulyer and transport then to Roosevelt and return them to Schulyer School??????.

5. Did any one look at a map????? kids that live blocks from Roosevelt school have to go to Schulyer, while kids that live by Schulyer have to go to Roosevelt. I understand it might have taken a little time to accomplish this but it should have beendone. If need be I have several parents will to do this FOR OUR CHILDRES'S sake.

6. Oh and by the way one child I know went to Schulyer and moved to the Garfield district and was promply removed to that School last year, and this year was notified he was attending Schulyer what is going on does anyone care???????????

7. I see it this way, you are going to try and make a four year old walk from Schulyer in rain, snow, sleet, because you don't care .Some parents due to the financial reasons have only one car per family thus leaving the child without an the opportunity to attend school which their taxes are paying for. What about the parents with medical issues that walking that distance is impossible? anyone there care?

The remedy is to vote out the five stooges, who caused most of these problems. Lindenfelser, Doran and Lowery aren't political hacks and aren't in it to grandstand. If the BOE would just use common sense instead of trying to grandstand and make under-the-table deals, we wouldn't have these problems. Campbell's comments in the Observer are laughable. He's one of the worst grandstanders. Let's hope Kearny has learned its lesson.

Vote for Lindenfelser, Doran and Lowery and get control away from the five stooges.

Guest Thing of the Past

The remedy is to vote out the five stooges, who caused most of these problems. Lindenfelser, Doran and Lowery aren't political hacks and aren't in it to grandstand. If the BOE would just use common sense instead of trying to grandstand and make under-the-table deals, we wouldn't have these problems. Campbell's comments in the Observer are laughable. He's one of the worst grandstanders. Let's hope Kearny has learned its lesson.

Vote for Lindenfelser, Doran and Lowery and get control away from the five stooges.

yeah, right, vote for Lindenfelser so she can get her ****** **** ** to where it was before her husband was demoted from head board attorney by bringing him back as board attorney, vote for Doran so he can continue to waste taxpayers dollars with frivolous legal issues of his own agenda against board members with tens of thousands of taxpayers dollars being spent every month on attorney fees, oh and don't forget getting some more family members jobs, and giving the maintenance crew, which his brother is a part of, more raises than TEACHERS!!!!, and Lowry who only wants to see that her daughter is taken care of with a teaching job.

It's the same old game.........don't allow things to go back to the old, corrupt way of doing things. Vote ANYONE but the "throwback team" !!!!! NO to Lindenfelser, Doran and Lowry.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Discusted

This is the answer to honest questions from a parent asking for help? Using this forum for political campaiging and you really think someone should vote for them. If you are an example of, friends, or family of the three above mentioned then I can see your interst in the children's welfare or pleading parents is non exsistant. I don't think you, or any of the above deserve to be in a decision making position for the kids of Kearny, who I DO CARE ABOUT. After asking around about the members many told me that all theese issues existed for many years, so to blame the recent members is quite unfair. Where they part of the white elephant on midland ave????? Doesn't Mr. Lindenfelser have his entire family working in the boe? Has Mr. Doran also have family members working for the BOE? I am venting because I am appalled at your resopnse to the above post. They say absolute power corrups absolutely. Now why don't you actually try and help the above poster and maybe this group may earn the respect of the taxpayers who's pleas are falling on deaf ears. P.S. I absolutely positivily am not related to anyone on the BOE not do I have any family working for the town I am just discusted.

You ( reply to this topic) are a moron. This problem has been going on for years. A certain Teacher who teaches at Roosevelt but lives in Garfield school district has her child going to Roosevelt school for the last 3 years and the real STOOGE Doran knew this. But because her Mommy was a council member, everythings ok. Lets not forget Doran is the Mayor and councils pet. When ever they need a yes vote he's their man. Remember Doran's mom, works for the B.O.E as a nurse, his brother a custodian ( ***** ******** but ****** ******** on the job) and let's not forget his dad who is a contractor electrician working for the B.O.E.. Now let's see Lindenfelser running for the B.O.E. WHY, oh stupid me, because family member Ken was let go as B .O.E. attorney. As for Lowery just another yes vote for Lindenfelser to get his job back. I think the Fab 5 should start an investigation into all money that was spent on architects, contractors. What about the scaffoling that was put up years ago on the stadium side of the building and no work was done,how much money was wasted on that project. Lindenfelser, Lowery, and especially Doran are political hacks and are in it to grandstand you IDIOT. The 3 amigos just want to secure their family jobs Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest wondering

There are a few questions that need to be answered by the parent who started this post.

1. Did you just move to town?

2. If you were here in March, did you prove residency and register your child?

3. Did you follow the proper steps to get this situation rectified? i.e - appeal to the super and appeal to BOE

There are a few questions that need to be answered by the parent who started this post.

1. Did you just move to town?

2. If you were here in March, did you prove residency and register your child?

3. Did you follow the proper steps to get this situation rectified? i.e - appeal to the super and appeal to BOE

These are in fact the important questions to ask the OP. The facts are that most of our schools are over crowded, some in all grades, some in several. Schuyler, for example has 1 preK and 2 K classes. The am and pm preK classes have met the maximum enrollment - it is a classroom not a warehouse where we just keep squeezing in children as long as there is enough floor space. God bless the poor teacher - as it is she is working miracles with 19 children in each class. The K classes each have 25 students - that is also maximum technically, but ridiculously over crowded in reality. The OP is being given 2 options - get her child into a FREE 1/2 preK program where her child will have the attention of a teacher at Roosevelt School or keep her child home until next year and register him for K - during registration period in the Spring to ensure that he is able to attend the most local neighborhood school.

Guest Another Point

You ( reply to this topic) are a moron. This problem has been going on for years. A certain Teacher who teaches at Roosevelt but lives in Garfield school district has her child going to Roosevelt school for the last 3 years and the real STOOGE Doran knew this. But because her Mommy was a council member, everythings ok. Lets not forget Doran is the Mayor and councils pet. When ever they need a yes vote he's their man. Remember Doran's mom, works for the B.O.E as a nurse, his brother a custodian ( ***** ******** but ****** ******** on the job) and let's not forget his dad who is a contractor electrician working for the B.O.E.. Now let's see Lindenfelser running for the B.O.E. WHY, oh stupid me, because family member Ken was let go as B .O.E. attorney. As for Lowery just another yes vote for Lindenfelser to get his job back. I think the Fab 5 should start an investigation into all money that was spent on architects, contractors. What about the scaffoling that was put up years ago on the stadium side of the building and no work was done,how much money was wasted on that project. Lindenfelser, Lowery, and especially Doran are political hacks and are in it to grandstand you IDIOT. The 3 amigos just want to secure their family jobs

Lowry has daughter just made a permanent subsitute teacher and lobbying for permanent position.

Guest Guestimate

Your taxes pay for ALL schools, not just the school in your voting ward.

So you would rather have your child get less individual attention to save the "MAJOR" inconvenience of driving the child to Roosevelt School?

Wow...just WOW.

Guest Omar C.

What is going on in Hudson county with the name Doran, Is this the one and only James Doran of Harrison NJ shame? How many towns is the state going to allow this guy to F**K up? How dirty are his hands? I live in Harrison and I'm sure you readers know about our 2 two vice principals for the high school. We all know that Kearny has it's problems with no standing principal and 3 vice principals Why does this all point to the almighty Doran? We as parents need to group together if things get worse.. We can form a group and take our concerns down to Trenton.. Way past Jerky City.

Guest Same name, same game

What is going on in Hudson county with the name Doran, Is this the one and only James Doran of Harrison NJ shame? How many towns is the state going to allow this guy to F**K up? How dirty are his hands? I live in Harrison and I'm sure you readers know about our 2 two vice principals for the high school. We all know that Kearny has it's problems with no standing principal and 3 vice principals Why does this all point to the almighty Doran? We as parents need to group together if things get worse.. We can form a group and take our concerns down to Trenton.. Way past Jerky City.

Same name, no relation......but must be something about the name, because he is just as shameful as you mentioned. Doran's in Kearny have lost their "shield" and are now scurrying like roaches when you turn on the lights. Voters in Kearny will not support him this time around, he only got on the BOE last time because nobody ran against him. The BOE in Kearny really only has 8 members because Doran does not attend any meetings and does not vote on countless votes. His whole family is on the payroll and he is a mindless puppet.

Same name, no relation......but must be something about the name, because he is just as shameful as you mentioned. Doran's in Kearny have lost their "shield" and are now scurrying like roaches when you turn on the lights. Voters in Kearny will not support him this time around, he only got on the BOE last time because nobody ran against him. The BOE in Kearny really only has 8 members because Doran does not attend any meetings and does not vote on countless votes. His whole family is on the payroll and he is a mindless puppet.

Sorry, not a Doran fan, but lies are lies and it doesn't serve the voting public when you write out right lies on this board. I attend almost every board meeting and Mr. Doran is most certainly there - at least as often as any of the other members of the board. Please, when you lie once, it makes everything you say suspect!

Guest simply slooksg

I am a divorced single mother of 4 young children. 3 of my children are in Schuyler School but my youngest was displaced to Roosevelt. This is not a matter of "inconvenience" in my case. I would not be upset if I had any feasible means of getting my children to school and back safely, without added expense to an already strained budget. For those comments with a mocking tone of "major" inconvenience of "driving to Roosevelt", you are missing the point. If the district has not been able to get their act together and appropriately plan for accomodating all children in their district, then they should figure out a way to help those they displace. If my youngest was picked up and dropped off from Schuyler School then I would not be so upset. (Although lets not mention Parent Teacher Conferences at different schools, different school events on different days, different dress down days, different school concerts, etc to which my youngest will repeatedly feel left out becuase everyone else is on the same schedule except her. This may seem trivial but to a 4 year old, it is a big deal. That part is a major inconvenience and heartburn.) But my biggest complaint comes from the fact that I have no way of walking my youngest to Roosevelt (because I work full time and we only have 1 vehicle) and making sure my other 3 young children are all getting home safely without incurring additional expense to hire help. Regardless of whether Pre-K is mandatory, it is a program that is funded by the taxes I pay and therefore my child should be entitled to participate. I do not have my children in school because I fear legal consequences if I don't- I have them there becuase it is in their best interest and helps their development. The district's lack of planning and/or infectious apathy consistently results in the burden being placed on the parents to figure out a way to educate their child. Not everyone is easily able to be so flexible and everyone's situation is different so let's not judge so quickly. I, for one, am tired of fighting. There are people that care, that have tried to help but anyone who can make ultimately make changes has yet to show they care. This town can do better, can BE better to our residents. This used to be a community, but now all I see is who can cast blame on who and who can get over on who. It is very sad. The simplest resolution is just to leave the town, but are we going to let all of the aforementioned corruption void our town of hard working people wanting to make it a better place to raise a family? Time for the parents to start sharing thoughts and ideas, becoming more involved and taking more action (myself included). We are in reaction mode right now, we need to fix this and maintain it so we can deal with things proactively and make this a better place for all of our families. There is a lot of work to get there, but it can be done if enough people start caring and doing.

Lowry has daughter just made a permanent subsitute teacher and lobbying for permanent position.

Let's try this again and see if it's posted this time!

1: Is Lowery a present board member, if no what does she have to do with her daughter being appointed as a permanent sub?

2: Is the Lowery girl qualified to be a permanent sub?

3: Does she live in town?

If the answers to these questions are, no, nothing, yes and yes, what the heck are we talking about? Come on people!!!

Let's take the untruths one by one, ok? first you say nobody ran against him, meaning he had no opponents? Untruth #1. He does not attend any meetings? Untruth #2, check the minutes. Does not vote on countless votes? Only votes that put him in a conflict because of family connections, which several other board members (O'Malley, Plaugic, King, Leadbeater, Viscuso) have to do. Semi-untruth #3. His whole family is on the payroll? His mother is a school nurse and his brother is a maintenance worker, jobs held long before Doran was voted to the boe. I don't think that's his whole family. Semi-untruth #4 and major exaggeration, bordering on laughable. He is a mindless puppet? IMO, that's untruth #5, unless you have some facts to back up your baseless accusation. I'm not a family member and I'm not defending him out of any screwy loyalty. I just don't like to see "people" take pot shots at others based on lies, untruths, exaggerations and hatred. You must be a great example to your kids.

I am a divorced single mother of 4 young children. 3 of my children are in Schuyler School but my youngest was displaced to Roosevelt. This is not a matter of "inconvenience" in my case. I would not be upset if I had any feasible means of getting my children to school and back safely, without added expense to an already strained budget. For those comments with a mocking tone of "major" inconvenience of "driving to Roosevelt", you are missing the point. If the district has not been able to get their act together and appropriately plan for accomodating all children in their district, then they should figure out a way to help those they displace. If my youngest was picked up and dropped off from Schuyler School then I would not be so upset. (Although lets not mention Parent Teacher Conferences at different schools, different school events on different days, different dress down days, different school concerts, etc to which my youngest will repeatedly feel left out becuase everyone else is on the same schedule except her. This may seem trivial but to a 4 year old, it is a big deal. That part is a major inconvenience and heartburn.) But my biggest complaint comes from the fact that I have no way of walking my youngest to Roosevelt (because I work full time and we only have 1 vehicle) and making sure my other 3 young children are all getting home safely without incurring additional expense to hire help. Regardless of whether Pre-K is mandatory, it is a program that is funded by the taxes I pay and therefore my child should be entitled to participate. I do not have my children in school because I fear legal consequences if I don't- I have them there becuase it is in their best interest and helps their development. The district's lack of planning and/or infectious apathy consistently results in the burden being placed on the parents to figure out a way to educate their child. Not everyone is easily able to be so flexible and everyone's situation is different so let's not judge so quickly. I, for one, am tired of fighting. There are people that care, that have tried to help but anyone who can make ultimately make changes has yet to show they care. This town can do better, can BE better to our residents. This used to be a community, but now all I see is who can cast blame on who and who can get over on who. It is very sad. The simplest resolution is just to leave the town, but are we going to let all of the aforementioned corruption void our town of hard working people wanting to make it a better place to raise a family? Time for the parents to start sharing thoughts and ideas, becoming more involved and taking more action (myself included). We are in reaction mode right now, we need to fix this and maintain it so we can deal with things proactively and make this a better place for all of our families. There is a lot of work to get there, but it can be done if enough people start caring and doing.

I do feel badly for your situation - frankly it stinks. But you still haven't answered the question: when did you register your child?

The kid is already dealing with a ****** that *** **** ******** and then got ******** and who knows what else. Going to a school a few blocks from Schuyler probably won't be that big of a deal.

I'll bet you didn't even register the child on time.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Mommy's Boy

Let's take the untruths one by one, ok? first you say nobody ran against him, meaning he had no opponents? Untruth #1. He does not attend any meetings? Untruth #2, check the minutes. Does not vote on countless votes? Only votes that put him in a conflict because of family connections, which several other board members (O'Malley, Plaugic, King, Leadbeater, Viscuso) have to do. Semi-untruth #3. His whole family is on the payroll? His mother is a school nurse and his brother is a maintenance worker, jobs held long before Doran was voted to the boe. I don't think that's his whole family. Semi-untruth #4 and major exaggeration, bordering on laughable. He is a mindless puppet? IMO, that's untruth #5, unless you have some facts to back up your baseless accusation. I'm not a family member and I'm not defending him out of any screwy loyalty. I just don't like to see "people" take pot shots at others based on lies, untruths, exaggerations and hatred. You must be a great example to your kids.

Thanks for sticking up for me Mom !!!!

I do feel badly for your situation - frankly it stinks. But you still haven't answered the question: when did you register your child?

I registered in June, which is when I had time accrued at work to be able to use 1/2 personal day to take care of it. I realize my problem is my problem, however one can hardly claim this ongoing problem has been handled with efficiency or diligence. On a side note- there is no disclaimer on the registration documents that advise vacancy may be an issue. For a parent unfamiliar with the process, they may not realize the urgency and therefore do not look to make any extraneous effort to get there sooner.

The kid is already dealing with a ****** that *** **** ******** and then got ******** and who knows what else. Going to a school a few blocks from Schuyler probably won't be that big of a deal.

I'll bet you didn't even register the child on time.

With the editing, I am not quite clear on the point you intended to make. However, I can deduce it was likely a personal attack on my children and myself. That confuses me as I am just a parent looking for answers and wanting to help make a difference in our community so everyone's experience is the best it can be. Would you kindly explain exactly what part of my post angered you and warranted such a response? If I am mistaken, perhaps you can rephrase your comment so it does not get edited to that extent and I can address your point. :huh:

With the editing, I am not quite clear on the point you intended to make. However, I can deduce it was likely a personal attack on my children and myself. That confuses me as I am just a parent looking for answers and wanting to help make a difference in our community so everyone's experience is the best it can be. Would you kindly explain exactly what part of my post angered you and warranted such a response? If I am mistaken, perhaps you can rephrase your comment so it does not get edited to that extent and I can address your point. :huh:

Please stop with this nonsense about how you want to help the community. People know who you are and your priority is using the system to get what you want to warehouse your children. If you really wanted what was best for your child you would have sent the child to Roosevelt. Instead you want to jump ahead of others on the waiting list for Schuyler and you don't care what happens to those children or the children in the pre-ks that are already at there max, by law.

You already have children in the system and you know full well that they have to be registered as early as possible. Registration packages were sent home with your other children long before June and you did nothing. Now along with all of the other services that the school district provides for you, which you use whether you need them or not, they have to put disclaimers on the paperwork that they send home. You must be insane.

But I guess that's how you like it. Have everything tied up in red tape so that it's easier for people like you to play the system.