bicycles and roadways

Guest changeling

Guest changeling

can somebody tell the imports that in america, we ride our bikes on the street, and walk on the sidewalks! every time i turn around, there's an import on the sidewalk , riding a bike !i almost got hit three times,or they expect you to move for them ! that ain't happening ! gotta take them out,before they get you ! also some body gotta tell these imports that, they gotta look before before they cross the street ! they just walk out , and don't look ! when one of them gets hit with a car, it's not always the drivers fault! in all fairness , alot of white people do it too !!! DIDN'T YOUR MOM TELL YOU TO LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET..... HUH?

the skate boarders are a pain in the ass too, but at least they ride in the street!

Archie Bunker calm down - you can't make people do the right thing ever, you just have to pay attention and do your best around people who aren't following the rules. If you are talking about a regular disregard at a regular time in a regular place that these rules are being disregarded, contact the HPD, tell them your complaint and ask that someone be available to ticket the rider. And when they don't act, repeat your request in writing over and over again until HPD reacts.

Just a suggestion. :o)

Hey guest stop being a vagina, A good shove down will stop anyone import or not from riding on the sidewalk. I ride my bike in the street.The solution is to ride bikes in the street ,that way the cars get used to sharing the road with bicyclists, And bicyclists get used to riding the correct way. I see it both ways. I am usually a pedestrian that always fights the urge to give bicycle sidewalk riders a nice quick powerful clothesline. and teach them a lesson. How is a bike rider going to apologize to a mother of a child he just ran over?Of course it will be hard in any language without teeth. Cops have enough to deal with, let's put the EMS workers to work. Might sound a little barbaric but after two weeks everyone on two wheels will get the message.. :angry:

Remember that down by the Path trains there are hundreds of cattle barricades to keep people on the sidewalk and bikes on the road.

Guest Marge Schwantz

In every town in suburban New Jersey there are immigrants that need transportation, Yes bikes should be ridden in the streets, Anyone with a shred of smarts knows that. Wet backs aren't stupid, they can understand you. Just talk slow and clear making gestures with your hands, It's a universal language. Who is Archie Bunker? I he in charge of the school janitors?

Guest meat head

can somebody tell the imports that in america, we ride our bikes on the street, and walk on the sidewalks! every time i turn around, there's an import on the sidewalk , riding a bike !i almost got hit three times,or they expect you to move for them ! that ain't happening ! gotta take them out,before they get you ! also some body gotta tell these imports that, they gotta look before before they cross the street ! they just walk out , and don't look ! when one of them gets hit with a car, it's not always the drivers fault! in all fairness , alot of white people do it too !!! DIDN'T YOUR MOM TELL YOU TO LOOK BOTH WAYS BEFORE CROSSING THE STREET..... HUH?

the skate boarders are a pain in the ass too, but at least they ride in the street!

Absolutley!!! This is not a rcaist post at all. It's just a fact. I honestly don't think they have traffic lights south of the border or in Asia. They just continue their walk right out into the path of oncoming cars like they're super human. Then they look at you like you have three eyes. It's the same when you give them a courtesy if they're making a left or coming out of a plaza or driveway. They never put the hand up to thank you. Self entitlement and ignorance.

Guest changeling

Archie Bunker calm down - you can't make people do the right thing ever, you just have to pay attention and do your best around people who aren't following the rules. If you are talking about a regular disregard at a regular time in a regular place that these rules are being disregarded, contact the HPD, tell them your complaint and ask that someone be available to ticket the rider. And when they don't act, repeat your request in writing over and over again until HPD reacts.

Just a suggestion. :o)

thanks for your response but , why should have to watch my back ? look , nothing for the most part , has been accomplished through peaceful means ! the police are'nt going to respond to my complaint because they have bigger things to worry about! i try to say something to them but , they either ignore you, or they don't speak my lingo! hey, i'm not ARCHIE BUNKER...I HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY ! who knows, maybe after a couple of push downs, or pushed right off their bikes, they will understand me ! and oh yeah .... i have a gesture thats universal .

Guest neighborhood watch

Hey , while we are on the topic of Bicycles. Please remember that it is BICYCLE SHOPPING SEASON. All the criminals from across the bridge in Newark will be '' Shopping'' Meaning , if you spot two criminal types riding together looking in alleys and one of them is on a crappy older bike.Or a females bike, That's right folks... Ding, ding, ding... You win the prize..A bike is gonna get stolen.. The criminals will usually drop the crappy bike, jump on your expensive bike and ...So long son..., Ride over the bridge on their new Shiney ride.. Be careful out there folks. If you see two people riding together behaving like I described, Call the police and tell em there's a few bike thieves on your block. I've already spotted two instances over this past weekend. BTW, just don't think that the criminals only hit the streets by the bridges, They know where the good bikes are.