African-American Day Parade

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

In light of Kearny hosting it's now annual Peruvian Day Parade, it is my opinion that Harrison should join in this joyful celebration of cultures. This can be accomplished by hosting an annual African-American Day Parade in Harrison every summer down Harrison Avenue. It would help fuel the empty economic engine of Harrison because of increased patronage of local business and residents and realtors advertising property to a financially damaged town that is in dire fiscal circumstances and attempting a re-vitalization. Celebrations of these kind often are a fiscal windfall to many cities throughout NJ. "The fun has just begun," can be Harrison's re-development slogan with a diversity of cultures living together in Harmony.

Guest Guest

Interesting idea but there is already an African-American parade in Newark around Memorial Day. Very nice, lots of marchers and watchers but I don't think that trying to imitate it would be successful.

Guest Charlie Murphy

In light of Kearny hosting it's now annual Peruvian Day Parade, it is my opinion that Harrison should join in this joyful celebration of cultures. This can be accomplished by hosting an annual African-American Day Parade in Harrison every summer down Harrison Avenue. It would help fuel the empty economic engine of Harrison because of increased patronage of local business and residents and realtors advertising property to a financially damaged town that is in dire fiscal circumstances and attempting a re-vitalization. Celebrations of these kind often are a fiscal windfall to many cities throughout NJ. "The fun has just begun," can be Harrison's re-development slogan with a diversity of cultures living together in Harmony.

I agree that this is something that would not only benefit, but SHINE a positive light on Harrison. The parade should start off at the 4 Star Popeyes Restaurant on the corner of Harrison Ave and Passaic and end at the corner of Harrison Ave and Davis, stopping in at Fulgers for after-parade refreshments. Truly a wonderful idea that is full of possiblities. I cannot come up with one negative reason not to push for an African-American Day Parade. Glorious idea!!

Guest guest

How about just a caucasian day parade?

we have a Caucasian day parade its called the St Patricks day parade which does nothing for the community but enhance the money in local bars

Guest guest

Rodney King stated, "Can't we all get along." The Town of Harrison should heed those words of wisdom and mourn this great man who died of natural causes. The African-American employees of the town, all three of them, would love the parade. The problem is that there are, in my opinion, many racists in town. Let the confetti fly and have the parade.

Guest Words O'  Truth

Hey don't stereo type St Patricks day revelers as bar patrons, Don't stereotype other people as Popeye Patrons. The Peruvian parade was great today, A real preview for everyone alike, The DPW workers will have a ball emptying all the pedestrian litter baskets overfilled with household trash bags. . Which always compliment the flower planters which represent Harrisons past . and the overflowing trash cans representing Harrisons future.

Guest seamus

we have a Caucasian day parade its called the St Patricks day parade which does nothing for the community but enhance the money in local bars

The St. Patrick's Day Parade has nothing to do with race you idiot. It's a cultural and religious celebration. Also, the only function of a parade is to provide enertainment for the community. Not to stimulate an economy. However, the St. Pats parade helps generate much needed money to these local bars that are part of the businesses in our community.

And before there is a wise a*s response on the entertainment statement I made. Yes there is public drinking, but there's never been stabings or rapes like in other cultural parades or local festivals like in NYC or in the Ironbound. And from what I seen at the Peruvian Parade, they do their share of public drinking too.

Guest Blame Canada

If we do an African-American Day Parade then all the lazy and whining Canadians will want a parade too. And you know how they are. Once you give into them,they want everything. And if you don't give in you are a racist. Damn Canadians!!!

Guest Steve o

We have an illegal immigrant day parade in town on a daily basis. All we have to do is go to Economy hardware and by a master lock and padlock the Soccer courts, Then we call INS. for a few empty trailers to come and deport all locked inside.

Peru would get a population explosion.And for the first time in twenty years Farina's bakery corner would be empty. That would be a start. We could have a convoy of immigration trailers leaving Harrison with free empanadas for everyone .

Guest Curious

Ask the man who owns Party Horizons to get some Romney and Obama masks and have a Debate parade.. I also wonder if Ray will cut the grand opening ribbon at the new Beauty Station salon on the corner of Frank e Rogers and Warren street.

Guest Dr. Heywood Jablowme Jr.

Why ya'll bein so racist? I mean DAYUM! I know I been locked up a few times here n there but ya'll know that I'ms a good person. I take care of mah babies man... I pick up mah check erry month and pay mah child support. They be sayin "O dat brotha dun be nuthin but trouble, he no good, none them is good." DAT AIN'T TRUE YA'LL! DON'T BE HATERS!

Guest Love it or Leave it

we should and only should have an American Day, Red White & Blue. if you want to have a Peruvian Day, Portuguese or African American... go back to Peru, Portugal and or Africa... its that simple

Guest Joel Stamos.

We can have the Caucasian day parade and the African American, and the Illegal Alien Peruvian Parades all commence at the High School stadium, site of the SEPTEMBER SPECTACULAR (See topics) That way all the town of Harrison will be represented right.

Guest Mookie

Why ya'll bein so racist? I mean DAYUM! I know I been locked up a few times here n there but ya'll know that I'ms a good person. I take care of mah babies man... I pick up mah check erry month and pay mah child support. They be sayin "O dat brotha dun be nuthin but trouble, he no good, none them is good." DAT AIN'T TRUE YA'LL! DON'T BE HATERS!

+1 tru dat