Secrecy by Kearny Fire Dept.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

A Kearny Fire Department representative made a reference as to not being able to release information concerning the Beech St. fire to the public. If there is foul play or arson suspected I think the public has an ABSOLUTE right to know. Is this fire being investigated as being suspicious in nature? Were volatile chemicals used to promote the spread of the fire. You stated there could be a pending investigation. Why?

Guest Guest

No KFD representative made reference to the release of information, but a reference was made with regard to the fire; (hint, reading comprehension). The post expressed that the person knew KFD members, not that he or she was one.

BUT, as a Kearny resident I would like to think that ALL fires receive some sort of investigation. Hopefully, arson is not suspected often, but in the event that evidence might be present, I think an investigation would be prudent; (that means-- wise.)

Guest Guest

Yet another example of how Divorced from reality people are. Investigations take Time..this isnt television where the case is solved in 60 Minutes with Commercial breaks.

So you imply there is an active investigation into this fire going on, you just said it. The people do have a right to know if suspicious circumstance were involved to protect their own lives and property. Something had to be wrong if the self-proclaimed best firemen in NJ who train everyday were overwhelmed according to the KFD Chief and 4 other towns had to be called in to squirt water on an ordinary two story house fire. Maybe what's being investigated is the response time and possible urgency in effort to put out the fire due to call attention to union manpower demands. I doubt that's the case, but the lack of transparency makes the mind curious.

Guest Guest

So you imply there is an active investigation into this fire going on, you just said it. The people do have a right to know if suspicious circumstance were involved to protect their own lives and property. Something had to be wrong if the self-proclaimed best firemen in NJ who train everyday were overwhelmed according to the KFD Chief and 4 other towns had to be called in to squirt water on an ordinary two story house fire. Maybe what's being investigated is the response time and possible urgency in effort to put out the fire due to call attention to union manpower demands. I doubt that's the case, but the lack of transparency makes the mind curious.

I'm not sure what type of firefighter training YOU have, but it's comforting to know that you deemed the fire ORDINARY.

OK, we're good, no investigation needed, some nitwit solved the case.

Guest G Thang

It was a two family house on fire, not the Mall of America in Minnesota. How could such a highly trained and amazing (LOL) KFD need 4 other towns help squirting water on it. What a disgrace these fireboys are and it"s not surprising why they bolt lock the firehouse doors while they are sleeping. Cowards, in my opinion.

how about the lack of manpower!!! and a truck out of service because they dont have the personnel to man it.... its was ordinary, but the # of FF's responding to it was pathetic.