BAUMGARTNER

Guest shannon

Guest shannon

One of the reasons she listed as being a problem in her letter to a parent was that there were no attendence records prior to her arrival. So that begs the question; why are we paying for a VP of ATTENDENCE and Discipline?

Edited by KOTW
The above information has not been confirmed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Chris

Kudos to the BOE members. A lot of people got up to support Baumgartner at the BOE meeting on 5/21/2012, but there were a silent majority who did not speak who are glad Baumgartner is leaving. Unfortunately, politics has gotten in the way of Education. Baumgartner did NOT do a good job. She did not put the VP's in check, and was not liked by most of the faculty. Just talk to any teacher, most of them do not like her. And the kids, well, that's the true barometer, and they definitely do not like her. The BOE members, the majority, did what they were elected to do, they represented what many of the citizens of Kearny wanted, and did so under extreme pressure, they held strong, this is what is going to bring this school district to good place.

Guest Guest

Kids not liking the principal is the true barometer? Seriously? Exactly how long has it been since you were in high school? Cause when I was in high school, we not only didn't get a vote, we barely knew who the principal was! And who are these citizens of Kearny that these BOE members are representing? Exactly who are they speaking to, if any one? Extreme pressure? What extreme pressure? Seems to me that aren't in the least concerned what anybody wants, and this is exactly not what they were elected to do. They may speaking for a small constituency, but I think they're only talking to themselves. They held strong? Give me a break.

Guest Reality Check

The silent majority thing is a cop out for those of you in the obvious minority. People voiced their concerns to the board and it seems that the Fab5 don't like being held accountable to the people. Dr. Baumgartener's effectiveness shouldn't come down to a popularity contest with her staff and students It should be about educating our children. And since the VPs are all aligned with the Fab5, your reference to her not keeping them in check is a joke. They undermine her at every chance with full support of the boards majority. Her true value will be seen shortly when the test results become public. They are up from last year. This was what she was hired to accomplish.

Guest Guest

One of the reasons she listed as being a problem in her letter to a parent was that there were no attendence records prior to her arrival. So that begs the question; why are we paying for a VP of ATTENDENCE and Discipline?

You don't seem to understand what begging the question means. Begging the question is a logical fallacy, in which someone tries to draw a conclusion merely by asserting it to be true, so that the desired conclusion is improperly embedded in the premises.

You seem to mean that the absence of attendance records raises the question why we are paying for two positions. That is not the same thing at all. Yet even people in established positions have obliterated this distinction.

Guest Snowed Over

The silent majority thing is a cop out for those of you in the obvious minority. People voiced their concerns to the board and it seems that the Fab5 don't like being held accountable to the people. Dr. Baumgartener's effectiveness shouldn't come down to a popularity contest with her staff and students It should be about educating our children. And since the VPs are all aligned with the Fab5, your reference to her not keeping them in check is a joke. They undermine her at every chance with full support of the boards majority. Her true value will be seen shortly when the test results become public. They are up from last year. This was what she was hired to accomplish.

The amazing thing is that all the Dr. B fans that are drinking the kool-aid. Seems like she snow-balled all of you. While she was crying to you all how great she is, she has been interviewing all over......not being in KHS for 5 straight days for months. Now it gets published that she was hired in Harrison at their May 16 meeting. So all you Dr. B fans that ripped into the BOE its time to look into the mirror is she who the joke was on while the BOE did what was the right thing to do for your kids.

Guest Darla Hood

The amazing thing is that all the Dr. B fans that are drinking the kool-aid. Seems like she snow-balled all of you. While she was crying to you all how great she is, she has been interviewing all over......not being in KHS for 5 straight days for months. Now it gets published that she was hired in Harrison at their May 16 meeting. So all you Dr. B fans that ripped into the BOE its time to look into the mirror is she who the joke was on while the BOE did what was the right thing to do for your kids.

ou

Who said she was crying about how great she is? And exactly how do you know her attendance? And are you trying to say that every time she wasn't in school she was, what? Out interviewing for other positions because she was SMART enough to know that the Fab 5 were after her from day 1 & she better look out for herself? Or are you trying to say the Fab 5 didn't reappoint her because they thought she was planning to bolt? Please. The BOE did not do the right thing for the KIDS (that tired old excuse everyone pulls out of their ass when they're trying to justify doing something that smacks of politics as usual). The BOE deserves every bit of ripping they got and I only hope they continue to get ripped. I'm sure the opportunity for them to screw up will come up again, real soon.

Let me get this straight. Dr Baumgartner was hired at the Harrison May 16th meeting, and then she let all those parents get up before the Board on May 21 and plead for her job? Is that just a bit unconscionable? I mean, who was she gonna screw next, Kearny or Harrison if the parents were successful? (thank god they were NOT and the BOE to their credit held firm)

Guest Guest

What was she supposed to do? Rise up from her seat and say "no, no, no, please don't speak on my behalf. Please don't try to salvage my reputation with the people of Kearny! Please sit down and do not dare to speak to those very important people staring wordlessly at you, the ones who tossed me to the curb because . . . " well, we don't know why do we? Do you begrudge someone who went out to find another job because she KNEW those "very important people" were coming for her head? Can't have it both ways, pal. Survival of the fittest and all that. She should be glad she's out of this cesspool.