Superintendent of Schools

Guest Mouse Police

Guest Mouse Police

So when is the BOE going to hire a PERMANENT superintendent, or is the plan to keep the current interim for another year? The latest frontrunner (female) seems to be OUT and rumor has it that a former frontrunner - who ran away when it looked like he was getting the job - is now the flavor of the month for the Fab 5 and is being reconsidered. There's an awful lot of unanswered questions about this candidate's past and it's interesting that he is once again being considered. Maybe he's thought it over & is now willing to play ball.

Guest Guest

It is my understanding that the interim Superintendent is under a contract until July - hopefully someone will be in place or close to it by then.

Guest Mouse Police

Based on their latest debacle, do you really think the Fab 5 should be trusted with such a big decision? Do you think the next piece of their puzzle could also be based on politics as usual? Maybe, just maybe, they don't have the know how to pick someone for such a prestigious position. They seemed to be awestruck with the current interim in the beginning but now it seems they can't wait to kick him to the curb.

Guest Devonite

What do you mean by the current Board not knowing "how to pick someone" for Superintendent? Considering the last Superintendent was picked in 2009 through a backroom deal without open competition, and then his retirement was rescinded through another backroom deal where Board members traded their votes, I would say the current process cannot be any worse. Unless you complained about the process in 2009 and again in 2010, you have no legitimate basis to complain in 2012. But sour grapes, yes there will be, an entire vineyard's worth of them.

Guest Guest

A huge part of the problem with finding someone competent to be a superintendent of schools is the governor's cap on the salary that can be offered. If someone is currently a principal with a contract paying him more than the $175,000 - why would a person leave that job for a pay cut and more responsibility? I read recently that (NJ School Boards Assoc.) candidates who are being brought in for second and third interviews in school systems all over NJ are people who wouldn't have even been called for a first interview 5 years ago. It is going to be very difficult to find someone with the education, experience, and ability to run a school system like Kearny.

Guest Mouse Police

Well, I don't know where you get off telling me I have no legitimate basis to complain. I have every right to complain when these guys (The Fab Five) came into office proclaiming they're going to do the right thing, not be political, blah, blah, blah. They're some of the worst board members I've ever seen. All about revenge and coming after people they don't like. You can throw all your bogey man paranoia about big bad Digesere, but until someone who cares as much as he did about Kearny comes along, you can continue to drink the kool aid.

Guest Rat Police

Well, I don't know where you get off telling me I have no legitimate basis to complain. I have every right to complain when these guys (The Fab Five) came into office proclaiming they're going to do the right thing, not be political, blah, blah, blah. They're some of the worst board members I've ever seen. All about revenge and coming after people they don't like. You can throw all your bogey man paranoia about big bad Digesere, but until someone who cares as much as he did about Kearny comes along, you can continue to drink the kool aid.

It appears Mouse Police is really Rat Police. If you get a job handed to you in kearny through politics it is OK, but when you are not renewed because you are not doing a GOOD job all of a sudden people are doing things for revenge and politics. :blink:

Guest Devonite

Dear Mouse Police,

So it's okay to do backroom deals, trade votes and promote friends if the person doing it is DiGesere because in your opinion he "cares" about Kearny? I stand by the earlier post that you have no legitimate basis to criticize the current process. You may not like the outcome (nor do I), but we're all familiar with the old adage, "what goes around, comes around". Well, it's coming around now.

Guest Guest

These five are as low-class as it comes, especially Campbell and Castelli. They're petty and juvenile and frankly, not very bright. Anyone who voted for them deserves what they get. Problem is, the rest of us don't.

Guest Guest

No one is more politically corrupt and rife with nepotism than the fab 5. PR, their good buddy, is already telling everyone he is the next principal.

ummmmmmm, Campbel isn't on the Board, so what u need to do is get out the vote and keep him off. U r also correct about Castelli, he is LOW CLASS. Do what I am doing, and that is rounding up as many people as I can to vote against Castelli and Campbell in November.

These five are as low-class as it comes, especially Campbell and Castelli. They're petty and juvenile and frankly, not very bright. Anyone who voted for them deserves what they get. Problem is, the rest of us don't.

Guest Mouse Police

It appears Mouse Police is really Rat Police. If you get a job handed to you in kearny through politics it is OK, but when you are not renewed because you are not doing a GOOD job all of a sudden people are doing things for revenge and politics. :blink:

I wondered how long it would take for some simpleton to change Mouse Police to Rat Police. Congratulations, you are the winner of the simpleton test. Now, as for people not doing their jobs, if that were true I would wholeheartedly agree with you. But you can't convince me that the Fab 5 know better than THEIR superintendent, with his background in education, who IS & who IS NOT doing their job. And then to go against his recommendation and bounce 3 employees with many years of service in Kearny (Baumgartner taught in the high school for years and eventually was the DC for the English department) smacks of ABSOLUTE politics and ABSOLUTE revenge. It's so obvious it's almost laughable. Except they have set off a chain of events that will do even more harm. Very dangerous giving power to people who are CLUELESS. ABSOLUTELY clueless.

Guest Mouse Police

Hey, where's all the Fab 5 mouthpieces? Got nothing to say? Still believe these people know what they're doing & doing it for the right reasons? Whassamatter, getting a little difficult to come up with ridiculous reasons to support their bad decisions? Running out of cliches to excuse their reprehensible behavior? Just imagine, some of these guys actually had respectable reputations before they came to the BOE. I hope they're not thinking those reputations are still intact. They've shown that they are no better than some of the other hacks that have come before them, i.e. any of the Campbells. Can't wait to see who they support for the "new" November elections. Can't wait to see who they appoint as a new superintendent. Cant wait to see who they support as a new principal of the high school. Should prove to show their true colors. There's no hiding anymore.

Guest Total Moron

There is no reason to further a dialect with someone who has no clue about what they are saying, you just have all the answers, maybe you should run for the BOE!

Guest Phil Schiffley

Hey, where's all the Fab 5 mouthpieces? Got nothing to say? Still believe these people know what they're doing & doing it for the right reasons? Whassamatter, getting a little difficult to come up with ridiculous reasons to support their bad decisions? Running out of cliches to excuse their reprehensible behavior? Just imagine, some of these guys actually had respectable reputations before they came to the BOE. I hope they're not thinking those reputations are still intact. They've shown that they are no better than some of the other hacks that have come before them, i.e. any of the Campbells. Can't wait to see who they support for the "new" November elections. Can't wait to see who they appoint as a new superintendent. Cant wait to see who they support as a new principal of the high school. Should prove to show their true colors. There's no hiding anymore.

Its hard to speak when they can't keep up with all the different lies they give to people. Ask any of them the same question twice and get three different excuses. TheIr answers always revolve around who's support their trying to rally or keep.. It's so sad that they are placing political hit lists before the needs of our children's education.

Guest Mouse Police

There is no reason to further a dialect with someone who has no clue about what they are saying, you just have all the answers, maybe you should run for the BOE!

Did you mean DIALOGUE or would you like to try another LANGUAGE? You'd like anyone reading this to think I have no clue about what I'm saying, but in reality, you know I do. No, I don't have all the answers, but I do have a lot of questions. Run for the BOE? Why? So I can watch those clowns fix things that ain't broke & carry on their own very personal agendas? Oh, & nice play on Phyllis Shaffley, Phil. Unfortunately, she was an idiot, too.

Guest RAT Patrol

Did you mean DIALOGUE or would you like to try another LANGUAGE? You'd like anyone reading this to think I have no clue about what I'm saying, but in reality, you know I do. No, I don't have all the answers, but I do have a lot of questions. Run for the BOE? Why? So I can watch those clowns fix things that ain't broke & carry on their own very personal agendas? Oh, & nice play on Phyllis Shaffley, Phil. Unfortunately, she was an idiot, too.

NO, I mean DIALECT........oh so not so smart RAT ! Dialect is a spoken language peculiar to a region or social group. You o stupid RAT are part of a "social group", a group who are use to things being done a certain way, a way which in Kearny has become second nature, a way in which people get jobs because of who they know and not what they know, a way which has no concern for our children or the tax payer. Now there are people who are making decisions which no one else had the brass to do, so now they are ridiculed by you and the other RATS that are part of the "old" machine, the old "wrong", but accepted way of doing things....... well keep attacking good people, your true colors have already come out!!!! So whatever LANGUAGE you want it in, RAT, the BOE has been BROKE for a very, very, long time and now people are trying to fix things and you don't like it. And by the way, you really don't have a clue. No clowns, no agendas just people doing what should have been done a long time ago, only the people in the past, and some who are still there were nothing but PUPPETS.

Guest Mouse Police

Oh, big RAT, poor misinformed blind little rat. Such pompous justification for "fixing" the BROKE and BATTERED BOE. You are right about one thing, I don't like the way things are being FIXED (double meaning there, Rat). You can repeat it as often as you like, that I'm clueless and part of some old machine. But, you're wrong, about many, many things. As for my true colors, you're absolutely right. I've shown my true colors and offer absolutely NO apologies for it.

Guest Ron Schiffley

NO, I mean DIALECT........oh so not so smart RAT ! Dialect is a spoken language peculiar to a region or social group. You o stupid RAT are part of a "social group", a group who are use to things being done a certain way, a way which in Kearny has become second nature, a way in which people get jobs because of who they know and not what they know, a way which has no concern for our children or the tax payer. Now there are people who are making decisions which no one else had the brass to do, so now they are ridiculed by you and the other RATS that are part of the "old" machine, the old "wrong", but accepted way of doing things....... well keep attacking good people, your true colors have already come out!!!! So whatever LANGUAGE you want it in, RAT, the BOE has been BROKE for a very, very, long time and now people are trying to fix things and you don't like it. And by the way, you really don't have a clue. No clowns, no agendas just people doing what should have been done a long time ago, only the people in the past, and some who are still there were nothing but PUPPETS.

I guess it's ok for the electrician on the board to think he can work as a sub-contractor at the high school for a vendor doing work? I suspect he believes the ethics laws don't apply to him. Being an elected boe official means you can't collect a paycheck from the boe. Can you say, "oops! He got caught!". Shame, shame, shame...

Guest Chain Gang

I guess it's ok for the electrician on the board to think he can work as a sub-contractor at the high school for a vendor doing work? I suspect he believes the ethics laws don't apply to him. Being an elected boe official means you can't collect a paycheck from the boe. Can you say, "oops! He got caught!". Shame, shame, shame...

I guess it's ok for dirt bags to spread rumors and lies.......for now. :unsure:

Guest Al Catraz

I guess it's ok for dirt bags to DENY rumors and lies . . . for now. :D

Guest Guest

I guess the electrician on the board has no connections to Honeywell? Can you say "conflict of interest?" Or better yet, "oops! He got caught, again! So much for the Fab5 fixing things. They're only good at fixing things for themselves.

Guest Mouse Police

Lie, lie , lie, now click your heels together 3 times and you'll be back in your double wide!!!

Don't understand. Is that thinly veiled sarcasm or are you a huge fan of flying monkeys, Dorothy, Toto and the Wizard? If you're trying to be snarky, you're gonna have to put a little more effort into it, Kansas. If you've got a point, make it.