greeks

Guest changeling

Guest changeling

hey harrison taxpayers... just saw 2 dpw workers and the made up job of head of the custodian s going into the greeks on elm st , in kearny!! hey boys ,early lunch? at 10:53 this morning! Aren't you guys supposed to be working? whats a matter, no card games going on at the d p w today?

hey people of HARRISON... here's were you tax dollars are going!! you would think they were smarter than this ! shit like this is a every day occurence! no one checks on them to see if they are actually doing any work at all ! hey they hire a guy, and make him the bosses secritary, and pay him big bucks cause he related to the boss! doesn't do shit all day, but when there's overtime to be made....he's one of the first to get it! hey who is supposed to CHECK on these guys??

Guest Same problem

I feel your pain. This is an every day occurrence in Kearny. I go into the Greeks almost daily and the Kearny Board of Ed guys live in there. They come in about 9:30 am, sit at their reserved table and don't leave to 11 am sometimes later. A couple of the retired guys I get coffee with say this has been going on forever but now it is worse than before. It's the same 2 or 3 guys ruining things for the guys that are doing what they should be doing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Greeks is acutally the Arlington Restaurant, Town Employees and other coined the name of "The Greeks"

Because the Owner is Greek, And so are his Parents who owned the place since 1968.

Guest Guest

gee it must be in the water because the harrison ems guys host parties at the fire house on cleveland ave, wait till the mayor comes around looking for votes, he better pray these people can vote in town. thats the problem no accountablity in town for the special people! welcome to harrison folks!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Guest

An update: Now the Firehouse on Cleveland houses the EMS squad and they seem to take pride in their work I walk by there frequently and usually see two people either cleaning the ambulance, or sweeping up. Kudos.

Now That job you are refferring to Changeling, The head of school custodians, is filled by a retired P.water commison person.It's true that his job was created just for him( Chapstick works) Before the job was created each school in harrison's principals would direct the custodians on what needed to be done. Either the school custodians are too stupid to know when a floor needs to be shined or a dark classroom needs a new bulb,Or Harrison is sitting on a surplus of money to make new un needed positions. Maybe both. There should be someone from Hudson county that would investigate this waste of our tax dollars. I myself spotted a Dpw worker entering the Eagles Club on Midland at 11 am, which is close to The Greeks.. Coincidence?