What is the police doing?

Guest Concerned Resident

Guest Concerned Resident

There has been recent attempted car jackings, stolen and broken in cars, and graffiti popping up on kearny ave and on some buildings on side streets. What is the police doing to tackle this? We have 104 officers in this town! All the messages are about politics and none are about making this town safer and better. Wake up people.

Guest Really Concerned Resident

There has been recent attempted car jackings, stolen and broken in cars, and graffiti popping up on kearny ave and on some buildings on side streets. What is the police doing to tackle this? We have 104 officers in this town! All the messages are about politics and none are about making this town safer and better. Wake up people.

How many Police Officers retired the past 3 month's. (12/13 retired I think 4/5 more going in may ). How many were hired? your right we better wake up. WE NEED MORE POLICE OFFICERS. WAKE UP TELL THE MAYOR ...

Guest Smittyhfd

How many Police Officers retired the past 3 month's. (12/13 retired I think 4/5 more going in may ). How many were hired? your right we better wake up. WE NEED MORE POLICE OFFICERS. WAKE UP TELL THE MAYOR ...

The cops we have do a good job as is.

My parents pay over 12k a year in taxes. I run a small business but rent the space on Davis ave. Both the mayor and the police chief said there will be no problems and no loss of services ,running with the cops we have now. I was standing right there when they said it at the meeting, months ago. I'm not doubting your opinion, but I heard it from those two individuals and they are the experts when it comes to this subject, so let's leave it up to them.

Guest guest

let's see how funny the spelling will become if one of your cars gets broken into, or better yet stolen. Or perhaps, you enjoy getting your house tagged with graffiti?

Guest Careful what you Wish for

The cops we have do a good job as is.

My parents pay over 12k a year in taxes. I run a small business but rent the space on Davis ave. Both the mayor and the police chief said there will be no problems and no loss of services ,running with the cops we have now. I was standing right there when they said it at the meeting, months ago. I'm not doubting your opinion, but I heard it from those two individuals and they are the experts when it comes to this subject, so let's leave it up to them.

The meeting you are talking about was almost two years ago, and it was referencing layoffs, and the officers stepped up and made sacrifices to keep those from happening. the ONLY reason there was no talk of layoffs this year was because of the expected losses to Retirements. By the end of 2012 the Police Dept will be below 99 officers again, a place it has NOT been in since the Vartan Administration. Services MUST be affected because there simply will not be the same amount of people doing them. The people who are going, with the exception of 2 junior officers, who decided to go to other agencies, are all senior people, in mostly administrative positions..positions that HAVE to be filled. Detective, Dispatch, Fingerprint, OEM, their replacements have to come from somewhere, which means an already depleted patrol division will be giving up more people, which means lett people on the street. I was at the ame meeting what the Chief Said is that they would Do their BEST to not reduce services, he made no promises, the same cannot be aid for the Politicians. Reality is reality, there is a finite number of people, who can only do one thing at a time. Response times will go up, people will complain..the truly Sad part is the people who complain the loudest will be the ones who are the worst offenders when it comes to calling the policefor stupid crap that isn't part of what should be doing in the first place. Kearny has a pretty good PD, the PEOPLE of Kearny take for granted a lot of services provided by the PD that the majority of other departments in this state have abandoned. Take from that what you will...but eventually Reality will rear it's ugly head, let's just hope it isnt at the cost of the lives of our Residents, OR our Police.

Guest guest

The policemen that you see working the off duty jobs are doing so on their days off, or on their off hours between shifts, which is strictly monitored by the department. Plus those officers are paid by the companies that they are working for, So what is your point?

Guest Guest

I would not let these coward frauds bother you They lie, cheat and steal!!

And yet after all these months we have yet to see ANYTHING out of you other than baseless accusations with no evidence whatsoever...

Guest GUEST

WHAT'S THE POINT? FIRST AND FOREMOST YOUR EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN,THIS IS THE FOUNDATION FOR THESE OFF DUTY JOBS.DON'T FORGET IT.ANY COST INCURRED BY THE CONTRACTOR IS PASSED ON.YOU PROFIT THE PUBLIC PAYS.IF YOU WERE TO SUFFER AN INJURY THE TOWN PAYS,ANY NEGLIGENCE ON YOUR PART THE TOWN IS RESPONIBLE, THAT'S THE POINT!

Your wrong,What did the web master claim I was another poster or did you guess or did that COME FROM OUTTER SPACE. Do you know what statements of material fact are??? Everything has been turned over to the Prosecutors office except for the Dispatch tapes from your old frequency which tell the story. You lie about court recorded material facts and you claim there is no evidence. LOL

Guest Guest

Your wrong,What did the web master claim I was another poster or did you guess or did that COME FROM OUTTER SPACE. Do you know what statements of material fact are??? Everything has been turned over to the Prosecutors office except for the Dispatch tapes from your old frequency which tell the story. You lie about court recorded material facts and you claim there is no evidence. LOL

And once again you still dont bother to tell anyone what you are talking about...nevermind the new rant about the webmaster. Tell the story of WHAT exactly??? The only person her emaking claims is you "Fred" and random claims about apparently nothing coupled with veiled threats of prosecution about nothing don't make you look like anything other than some random nutjob spouting away here. if there is some overreaching corruption going on in KPD, dont you think we, here who pay taxes should know about it???

Guest Guest

WHAT'S THE POINT? FIRST AND FOREMOST YOUR EMPLOYED BY THE TOWN,THIS IS THE FOUNDATION FOR THESE OFF DUTY JOBS.DON'T FORGET IT.ANY COST INCURRED BY THE CONTRACTOR IS PASSED ON.YOU PROFIT THE PUBLIC PAYS.IF YOU WERE TO SUFFER AN INJURY THE TOWN PAYS,ANY NEGLIGENCE ON YOUR PART THE TOWN IS RESPONIBLE, THAT'S THE POINT!

I Am?? Damn and here apparently i've been missing checks then. So, you would rather have guys working at those construction sites ON duty, as opposed to off-duty at a reduced rate??, nevermind that there can be as many as 10 different jobs going on at once? So, if they had the people working doing those jobs, who exactly would be there to respond to calls? Since as you so eloquently pointed out, the taxpayers would be on the hook for anything that happened at the construction site once the cop left to go to a call. I asked a friend from KPD aboutthat, and he told me that the construction companies can in fact have flagmen, and not hire off-duty cops for their site, but prefer to hire the police, the cost of which is yes, factored into the cost of the bid when it's a job for the town, or borne by the contractor if it's something like PSEG...interesting though how you aren't complaining about the Sheriff's office officers doing road work in town..arent your taxes paying for that as well??

Guest Guest

The Mayor needs to fire the entire police Department over these fraiud and racketeering alligations. Their Guiltyt! Call the Police internal affairs office they have to tell you who is making these criminal alligations The Mayors Police are caught lying about court recorded material facts and you all will have to wait. This is way bigger then Potter or Vartan

Is it our felt, that the town is not hiering offficers. Police Just do you job !!!!!!! get out on the streets and walk the town see what is happen out there !

Guest Guest

The Mayor needs to fire the entire police Department over these fraiud and racketeering alligations. Their Guiltyt! Call the Police internal affairs office they have to tell you who is making these criminal alligations The Mayors Police are caught lying about court recorded material facts and you all will have to wait. This is way bigger then Potter or Vartan

Exactly WHAT fraud and Racketeering Allegations??? Vague allusions to mythical crimes don't help your credibility.