Racism Lives

Guest ko

A lot of users on this forum seem to believe that racism is a thing of the past. Then, there is this crazy notion that only Blacks are racists today. And I suppose you could make arguments that institutionalized racism doesn't exist (although, I truly believe that it does). And I guess you can ignore a November police shooting of an unarmed man in New Brunswick or Ramarley Graham's fate. Fine. I'm not asking you to discuss these men here.

By now we all know about Trayvon Martin, the Florida teenager who was murdered by George Zimmerman for no reason whatsoever (Zimmerman, as you probably know, hasn't been arrested). Whether the killing represents an overt racist action or an underlying racist notion on the part of the armed assailant is not what's at issue here. It's the disgusting overtly racist reaction from the American public that is at stake here. Racism is alive. Follow the link below.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/03/20/trayvon-martin-a-little-thug-ghetto-monkey-fox-news-readers-set-new-high-water-mark-for-racism/

Guest 2smart4u

A lot of users on this forum seem to believe that racism is a thing of the past. Then, there is this crazy notion that only Blacks are racists today. And I suppose you could make arguments that institutionalized racism doesn't exist (although, I truly believe that it does). And I guess you can ignore a November police shooting of an unarmed man in New Brunswick or Ramarley Graham's fate. Fine. I'm not asking you to discuss these men here.

By now we all know about Trayvon Martin, the Florida teenager who was murdered by George Zimmerman for no reason whatsoever (Zimmerman, as you probably know, hasn't been arrested). Whether the killing represents an overt racist action or an underlying racist notion on the part of the armed assailant is not what's at issue here. It's the disgusting overtly racist reaction from the American public that is at stake here. Racism is alive. Follow the link below.

http://www.addicting...ark-for-racism/

Do I need to remind you that it was the democrats that started the slave trade in the U.S. and the KKK was started by democrats? And BTW, the Republican party was formed to combat the western expansion of slavery. The leftist media you read won't tell you this.

Do I need to remind you that it was the democrats that started the slave trade in the U.S. and the KKK was started by democrats? And BTW, the Republican party was formed to combat the western expansion of slavery. The leftist media you read won't tell you this.

My original post was not about partisan politics.*

Guest Guest

Good God, you're stupid! The so-called "leftist media" point it out all the time. The political parties swapped positions on race beginning with Strom Thurmond and the "revolting" Dixiecrats in 1948.

Do I need to remind you that Ronald Reagan was a Democrat early in life and was famous for saying "I didn't leave the Democractic party, the Democratic party left me."

Are you so stupid as to think political labels carry inherent virtues? Well, that's a silly question, isn't it. You're so stupid that you don't even understand what I just asked you.

Do you, Stupid? Go ahead, explain it if you can. You don't even understand the concept.

So whenever someone makes a point that challenges what little thought goes on in that pea brain of yours, you change the subject with some inane remark and content yourself with the fantasy that you've said something.

And you vote. Right. Don't remind me.

Guest Gadfly

He didn't mention either party actually. However-slavery in America is older than the country, much less either party. True about the Republicans, however the northern and southern Democrats also split over the issue. Also, if you have to go 160 years into the past to 'prove' that Democrats are the racist ones, there might be a reason. The reason can be explained in two words-Southern Strategy. This was a real thing, and Republicans talked about it openly at the time. The Republicans are the ones that think I should have to carry multiple IDs at all times or risk arrest as an illegal alien, so damn right I think they're racist.

Guest Guest
He didn't mention either party actually. However-slavery in America is older than the country, much less either party. True about the Republicans, however the northern and southern Democrats also split over the issue. Also, if you have to go 160 years into the past to 'prove' that Democrats are the racist ones, there might be a reason. The reason can be explained in two words-Southern Strategy. This was a real thing, and Republicans talked about it openly at the time. The Republicans are the ones that think I should have to carry multiple IDs at all times or risk arrest as an illegal alien, so damn right I think they're racist.

I vote for people who are running for office today. Choosing sides by party is bad enough; choosing sides according to what the political parties were fifty or 100 years ago or more is just idiotic. But then consider the source.

My original post was not about partisan politics.*

And yes, I did instruct you to follow a link that uses words like "right" and "conservative." However, I take issue not with these people as members of a political party, but as Americans. As people. My post was about racism, whether from the right or the left. It's real. It's rampant.

Guest Patriot

If you're an illegal alien you don't belong here, sucking up all the freebies which tax paying Americans pay for. Take your free-loading ass back across the border.

And BTW, take the illigal Kenyan with you.

Guest Guest

If you're an illegal alien you don't belong here, sucking up all the freebies which tax paying Americans pay for. Take your free-loading ass back across the border.

Patriots don't lie about the President. You really can't stand the FACT that an African-American man is President of the United States and our Commander-in-Chief.

Guest Gadfly

I'm third generation, racist jackass. My father makes 6 figures a year, thank you very much. But there are states where I can be arrested for the color of my skin if the cop decides my driver's license isn't enough ID.

Seriously-birtherism? Wow.

Guest Gadfly

Actually I guess I can see how a stupid person might read that I was saying I was illegal. What I was saying was that Republicans have passed laws that give police the ability to arrest me for "Looking too Mexican" unless I can provide enough ID to prove otherwise. Considering that I've been asked for a 'green card' by idiots at campus tea party rallies (made entirely of old people, btw-no actual students that I ever saw) this isn't very surprising.

Guest Patriot

Actually I guess I can see how a stupid person might read that I was saying I was illegal. What I was saying was that Republicans have passed laws that give police the ability to arrest me for "Looking too Mexican" unless I can provide enough ID to prove otherwise. Considering that I've been asked for a 'green card' by idiots at campus tea party rallies (made entirely of old people, btw-no actual students that I ever saw) this isn't very surprising.

Easy on the Kool-Aid, Jose. There are no laws calling for the arrest of people that look "too mexican". For your sake, it's a good thing there aren't any "looking too stupid" laws.

Guest Guest

Easy on the Kool-Aid, Jose. There are no laws calling for the arrest of people that look "too mexican". For your sake, it's a good thing there aren't any "looking too stupid" laws.

LOL, great remark.

Guest Guest

Racists and the politicians who pander to whem know better than to write the laws that way, so they write laws to give the police more power to arrest people who "look suspicious." The police always have a certain amount of power to do that but when the laws are written that way, and guess what, they're about immigration issues, what do you think the laws are inviting?