First Impressions

Guest Guest

Driving into Harrison from the Jackson Street Bridge, one is greeted with those barriers along the sides of Frank E Rodgers Blvd. They have been there for less than a year and look like complete crap. Between the ones that have been torn, others that are starting to fade and the black mesh fencing, it's an eyesore greeting everyone entering Harrison. Who thought this would be a good idea and who was the sign company that made banners that fade so quickly? When will they be fixed and are we stuck with that black mesh forever? I especially love the mesh where the trees are, anyone know what the long term solution is going to be?

Guest BlueTideBacker

Driving into Harrison from the Jackson Street Bridge, one is greeted with those barriers along the sides of Frank E Rodgers Blvd. They have been there for less than a year and look like complete crap. Between the ones that have been torn, others that are starting to fade and the black mesh fencing, it's an eyesore greeting everyone entering Harrison. Who thought this would be a good idea and who was the sign company that made banners that fade so quickly? When will they be fixed and are we stuck with that black mesh forever? I especially love the mesh where the trees are, anyone know what the long term solution is going to be?

There are no solutions, long term or otherwise. The town was doomed when that esteemed "redevelopment committee" sat down to "redevelop" Harrison. It's been downhill ever since.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Well it appears that the blue banners along Frank E Rodgers are being replaced with black fencing. These signs were up for less than a year. Who paid for these signs and who is paying for the fencing to be installed? Seems like a serious waste of money and obviously wasn't well thought out ahead of time. Good money thrown away and people wonder why the town is in financial trouble.

Guest Grant Writer

They will say it came from a GRANT... that paid for the signs.. Give me a break a grant is TAXPAYERS MONEY... If i'm not mistaken it was paid for from the seizure money the police could of used to either hire a new cop or get better equipment. Figures the town screwed that up also. WAY TO GO AND WASTE OUR TAXPAYERS DOLLARS. I wonder who designed those signs??? I'm sure a connection to someone in town... THIS is HARRISON... IT's not who you know it's who you XXXX....

OPEN YOUR MOUTHS PEOPLE... this is your money.