Jump to content

Why the political right is wrong


Guest Guest
 Share

Recommended Posts

The knucklehead who opens and abandons topic after topic on this site represents millions of Americans who get practically all their “information” from right wing radio and TV. They are spoon-fed the myth that if we would make government smaller, we would be free. They ignore the fact that giant international corporations have arisen since the Framers’ time. With the international corporations in every facet of economic life, the result of small or ineffectual government is complete control by those corporations.

Right wingers never answer this point. They can’t. So they ignore it. Meanwhile, a few very powerful people are consolidating their power in ways that rip the very fabric of our system of self-government to shreds. This is a grave danger to our future.

It is imperative that we shift the political discussion in this country before more damage is done, and before the damage done to the Framers’ idea of self-government becomes irreparable. It is every American's patriotic duty to become aware of the issues and act accordingly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Patriot

The knucklehead who opens and abandons topic after topic on this site represents millions of Americans who get practically all their “information” from right wing radio and TV. They are spoon-fed the myth that if we would make government smaller, we would be free. They ignore the fact that giant international corporations have arisen since the Framers’ time. With the international corporations in every facet of economic life, the result of small or ineffectual government is complete control by those corporations.

Right wingers never answer this point. They can’t. So they ignore it. Meanwhile, a few very powerful people are consolidating their power in ways that rip the very fabric of our system of self-government to shreds. This is a grave danger to our future.

It is imperative that we shift the political discussion in this country before more damage is done, and before the damage done to the Framers’ idea of self-government becomes irreparable. It is every American's patriotic duty to become aware of the issues and act accordingly.

So you like bigger government?? Have you seen Greece on TV lately?? That's a "big government" country and that's where we're heading if zerO gets another 4 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you like bigger government?? Have you seen Greece on TV lately?? That's a "big government" country and that's where we're heading if zerO gets another 4 years.

Where were you as government grew by 6.2 % during 2002-2008? Once again you defeat your own argument.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So you like bigger government?? Have you seen Greece on TV lately?? That's a "big government" country and that's where we're heading if zerO gets another 4 years.

Didn't say bigger government, and it's not a question of liking it. No one likes the fact that we have lost personal control of our lives in ways that people couldn't even imagine 200 years ago. But if you think you can solve our problems just by slashing government, you're wrong. That's like saying that you don't want to have your appendix removed; no one does but if it's inflamed, you need to have the surgery whether you like it or not. If you want to think about modern government that way, go ahead; the fact remains that we cannot maintain our standard of living without it. A strong central government is necessary to steer the economic ship; not to drive it except for investments in specific projects like an interstate highway system and energy development. Except for that, government's role is to steer, regulate and govern. But it must fill that role, or our economy will not thrive.

We are rich beyond any historical measure. That has happened because technologies have been developed, and complex infrastructures have been developed to support those technologies. Government is one of those institutions; it has played an indispensable role in creating the highest standard of living that has ever been. This couldn't have happened with the limited government of 225 years ago. You can't just shrink government without considering the consequences in detail and in particular, any more than you can dismantle the huge corporations that make products and offer services very efficiently. They both come at a price. You refuse to consider any of that. You have no intellectual depth and no willingness to listen; that's a disastrous combination. If this country goes down, it will be because of morons like you, who think you know everything but in fact know nothing.

Your constant carping does no good at all; in fact, it undermines the very organizations that we need to maintain a sustainable prosperity. Our high standard of living is built on our institutions, including big business and big government. When people distrust those institutions, it puts the entire society, nation and world in a very precarious position. Tear either one of those institutions down, and the whole structure will collapse. Instead, we have to shape and direct those institutions so that they serve our needs. That means government. Try actually thinking about what's being said, and about what's going on in the world.

As for Greece, there are plenty of countries whose governments are far more involved in the economy than in Greece, and they're doing very well. All you do is buy the talking points you hear on right wing TV and radio. Follow the money. Look at who funds and supports those programs. They are people who want the government out of the way so they can amass huge fortunes at our expense, even if they have crash economies to do it. You have to get past your right wing blinders if you're ever going to understand any of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest 2smart4u

As reported on the news yesterday, 51% of workers pay NO federal income taxes, while the other 49% pay ALL the federal taxes.

The same 51% paying NO taxes are also the ones sucking up zerO's food stamps, welfare payments and whatever other freebies they can get . And of course it's the 49% paying for all the free stuff. So when zerO talks about everyone paying "their fair share", just who is is referring to??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we have the other 90% of this story? The part you left out?

http://motherjones.c...7/51-zombie-lie

And oh yeah, the people getting the free stuff: Pakistanis, Iranians, Iraqis, Israel, Al Qaeda, Lockheed Martin, Haliburton, GM, BlackWater, Solyndra, Wall Street, etc.

Welfare and food stamps are a sad necessity. I know I don't want to live in a country where we bail out bankers and let our poorest starve. Do you?? And if you're wondering why so many people are using these programs now, you'll have to go back to August 2008 and ask George W. Bush what happened.

And if you think top earners don't get "free stuff," guess again. Psst... They get social security checks.

All this from a guy who's voting for a tax evader this November?

As reported on the news yesterday, 51% of workers pay NO federal income taxes, while the other 49% pay ALL the federal taxes.

The same 51% paying NO taxes are also the ones sucking up zerO's food stamps, welfare payments and whatever other freebies they can get . And of course it's the 49% paying for all the free stuff. So when zerO talks about everyone paying "their fair share", just who is is referring to??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As reported on the news yesterday, 51% of workers pay NO federal income taxes, while the other 49% pay ALL the federal taxes.

The same 51% paying NO taxes are also the ones sucking up zerO's food stamps, welfare payments and whatever other freebies they can get . And of course it's the 49% paying for all the free stuff. So when zerO talks about everyone paying "their fair share", just who is is referring to??

He’s referring to people who have gamed the system to make vast fortunes they either haven’t earned at all or have earned on the backs of people they’ve taken advantage of. He’s referring to CEOs who make 20 million dollars a year, ruin the company and then receive multimillion dollar golden parachutes. He’s referring to hedge fund managers who not only don’t add anything of value to the economy; they destabilize it with risky speculative gambles. He’s referring to people with enough money to buy influence in Congress, so that the laws are written to make sure they get richer at your expense, you boob. If you think that money isn’t power, then you’re even dumber than you seem to be.

So let’s get this straight. You vote for an irresponsible Alcoholic Frat-boy/Cowboy, who sends the economy to the brink of collapse,

putting millions of people out of work. Then you blame the next president after him, who inherited Frat-boy’s mess, because more people now need public assistance. The programs haven’t changed. Alcoholic Frat-boy/Cowboy tanked the economy and we’re still in the process of recovery. Considering that Alcoholic Frat-boy/Cowboy caused the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, it’s amazing that the recovery has occurred this quickly. If you look at historical data, including what is happening in other countries right now, the USA is doing better than average and better than most other countries, whose economies were also damaged by the collapse. The stock market is way up, the markets are stabilized, the auto industry was saved because the government intervened and the unemployment rate is on the way down. You don’t like to hear it but the recovery is underway because the government stepped in with the stimulus and renewed regulations.

As always, you have absolutely nothing intelligent to say, so you throw out another brainless attack on President Obama, mindlessly parroting what you've heard on Fox without a shred of understanding. You don’t even try to understand what you were just told.

Since you insist on changing the topic, let’s discuss the safety net and the remainder of the federal budget. You can see what percentage of the federal budget goes for various things. National defense, social security and Medicare/Medicaid/CHIP each account for approximately 20%. The safety net, of which food stamps is a part, accounts for 14%. The food stamp program (SNAP) accounts for approximately 1%. As always, you listen to Fox Noise, which is run by people who want to dismantle the government so they can increase their share of the wealth. They tell you that the enemies are all those people on food stamps. But they’re not causing the problem. Alcoholic Frat-boy/Cowboy and his cronies caused the problem, and your “solution” is to put them back in power.

You want to have people who make $15,000 a year pay federal income taxes. Never mind that this would barely put a dent in the deficit. Never mind that the working poor already pay social security taxes, sales taxes and a raft of other taxes. Your masters on Fox Noise have convinced you that the working poor are the problem, and you’re stupid enough to believe them, while they lead you like a sheep to slaughter. You fall for their propaganda over and over and over. They’ve got you convinced that we should end the inheritance tax, so that billionaires’ children can inherit vast fortunes they haven’t earned; and that working people should pay higher taxes than people whose income comes from investment, even if it’s wild speculative investment that destabilizes the economy. The inevitable result of that is that people who earn decent incomes have to pay a higher share of taxes. You can’t solve that problem by taxing people who barely earn enough to survive.

You’ve been propagandized, you moron, and you keep falling for it. We’ve got a problem in this country, alright. Our problem is morons like you.

And of course, if anyone presents you with facts, you just ignore them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Patriot

California's debt mess is even worse than Greece's. And guess when that started? You guessed correct, under Ronald Reagan! Looks like those super prisons got preeetttty expensive ;-).

Most of the prison population are illegal aliens that the dems have encouraged to sneak into the country with their liberal policies; free tuition. anchor babies. welfare. food stamps, etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As reported on the news yesterday, 51% of workers pay NO federal income taxes, while the other 49% pay ALL the federal taxes.

The same 51% paying NO taxes are also the ones sucking up zerO's food stamps, welfare payments and whatever other freebies they can get . And of course it's the 49% paying for all the free stuff. So when zerO talks about everyone paying "their fair share", just who is is referring to??

You gotta be kidding. Or watching Fox. Hard to tell the difference.

Judging from what and how you write, you're not one of the top income earners. A very few people have gained control of the political system and written the laws to their benefit. They keep the people at bay by keeping them divided against each other, such as by stirring up resentment against people on welfare. Once the people are divided, the powerful few can do whatever they want, which is get their hands on an ever-increasing share of the wealth. The kicker is, you help them elect the people they want, who help them do it to you!

You're not 2smart4them. If you were, you would understand how they are manipulating you and taking advantage of you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As reported on the news yesterday, 51% of workers pay NO federal income taxes, while the other 49% pay ALL the federal taxes.

The same 51% paying NO taxes are also the ones sucking up zerO's food stamps, welfare payments and whatever other freebies they can get . And of course it's the 49% paying for all the free stuff. So when zerO talks about everyone paying "their fair share", just who is is referring to??

Gee I don't know, but exactly what is Romney or Santorum's position? Hint, they are more interested in satan and regulating women's bodies than any economic solutions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the prison population are illegal aliens that the dems have encouraged to sneak into the country with their liberal policies; free tuition. anchor babies. welfare. food stamps, etc.

Really? I thought you right wingers believed that the prison population was black American men. If you're going to lie, the least you can try to do is get your story straight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the prison population are illegal aliens that the dems have encouraged to sneak into the country with their liberal policies; free tuition. anchor babies. welfare. food stamps, etc.

Get real, windbag. How many times do we have to debunk your illegal immigrant bullshit before you get it? They're not the problem and suggesting that they are is just a distraction. The type of distraction that people like Karl Rove make up so that you'll vote not for what's in your best interest socially or economically, but instead for the idiot THEY want. You, my dear dear enemy, are a sheep.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest

Most of the prison population are illegal aliens that the dems have encouraged to sneak into the country with their liberal policies; free tuition. anchor babies. welfare. food stamps, etc.

Do you have any facts to back up this lie, you lying right wing scumbag? Of course you don’t.

President Obama has cracked down on criminal aliens, which has put thousands of illegal aliens in prison, at least temporarily. But of course lying right wing scumbags like you will never give him any credit for it. You’ll just keep making up lies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Patriot

Do you have any facts to back up this lie, you lying right wing scumbag? Of course you don’t.

President Obama has cracked down on criminal aliens, which has put thousands of illegal aliens in prison, at least temporarily. But of course lying right wing scumbags like you will never give him any credit for it. You’ll just keep making up lies.

Do you believe Google? "one half of the prison population in California consists of illegal aliens". Throw in the anchor babies, welfare and crime commited by the illegals and you have California's financial problems. All created by democrats not protecting our borders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
Do you believe Google? "one half of the prison population in California consists of illegal aliens". Throw in the anchor babies, welfare and crime commited by the illegals and you have California's financial problems. All created by democrats not protecting our borders.

I Googled what you quoted. Here was the result: "No results found for 'one half of the prison population in California consists of illegal aliens'."

Do you right wingers have special schools where you learn how to be stupid? Or are you born that way?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Gadfly

Do you believe Google? "one half of the prison population in California consists of illegal aliens". Throw in the anchor babies, welfare and crime commited by the illegals and you have California's financial problems. All created by democrats not protecting our borders.

First off, as a grandchild of an illegal immigrant F**K YOU! Racist moron.

Here's a Fox story since I know you're too idiotic to believe anyone else:

http://www.foxnews.c...-data-suggests/

Read it? Good-note that it gives a number of 12.4% of the California prison population. So you are lying to the tune of 300% to make your racist point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest

First off, as a grandchild of an illegal immigrant F**K YOU! Racist moron.

Here's a Fox story since I know you're too idiotic to believe anyone else:

http://www.foxnews.c...-data-suggests/

Read it? Good-note that it gives a number of 12.4% of the California prison population. So you are lying to the tune of 300% to make your racist point.

Important to remind everyone just how racist Patriot aka 2Smart4U is.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest
Important to remind everyone just how racist Patriot aka 2Smart4U is.

Agreed, and let's add:

1. Racist.

2. Bigoted.

3. Stupid.

4. Ignorant.

5. Arrogant.

6. Stubborn.

7. Incurious.

8. Opinionated.

9. Dogmatic.

It's a very bad combination and that only scratches the surface of what we can see here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Guest

The knucklehead who opens and abandons topic after topic on this site represents millions of Americans who get practically all their “information” from right wing radio and TV. They are spoon-fed the myth that if we would make government smaller, we would be free. They ignore the fact that giant international corporations have arisen since the Framers’ time. With the international corporations in every facet of economic life, the result of small or ineffectual government is complete control by those corporations.

Right wingers never answer this point. They can’t. So they ignore it. Meanwhile, a few very powerful people are consolidating their power in ways that rip the very fabric of our system of self-government to shreds. This is a grave danger to our future.

It is imperative that we shift the political discussion in this country before more damage is done, and before the damage done to the Framers’ idea of self-government becomes irreparable. It is every American's patriotic duty to become aware of the issues and act accordingly.

As usual, all the right wing numbskull (2stupid4words, a/k/a PatRat) did was change the subject and then pretend this wasn't a central problem. Ignoring our real problems doesn't help our country.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...