President Obama: headed for a well-deserved re-election

Guest Guest

Guest 2smart4u

Economy is improving?? The 800 lb. elephant in the room is the debt, 15.3 trillion and climbing. zerO is apparently unconcerned and the dems in the senate seem oblivious. If zerO is reelected this country is in deep trouble. Look at Greece and you see America before the end of his second term.

Guest In the Know

I would like to see Mitt Romney's birth certificate since Mitt's father was born in Mexico.

While we're at it, I would also like to see ten years of tax returns just like the Obamas disclosed,

Economy is improving?? The 800 lb. elephant in the room is the debt, 15.3 trillion and climbing. zerO is apparently unconcerned and the dems in the senate seem oblivious. If zerO is reelected this country is in deep trouble. Look at Greece and you see America before the end of his second term.

This country was in deep trouble when President Obama was elected. And much as you may hate it, the economy is on the mend. When it recovers, President Obama and a Democratic Congress will put American back on the sound fiscal path President Clinton had charted before that numbskull cowboy wrecked our economy.

By the way, the usual reference is to an 800-pound gorilla. An 800-pound elephant would be a dwarf, something like whatever candidate the Republicans are going to put up to lose to President Obama this fall.

Guest 2smart4u

"The economy is improving" ?? I can read the financial page to you but I can't make you comprehend it. There are 15 million people without a job, foreclosures are still heading up. The day zerO was sworn in the price of gas was $1.82. Today gas is over $4.00 in many areas and we haven't seen the summer increases yet. The national debt is exploding, 15.3 trillion and climbing and the budget zerO just printed only increases it further.

ZerO is in campaign mode telling everyone the economy is getting better and ideologues like you are lapping it up just like you lapped up all his lies in '08.

If there are enough zombies like you voting then zerO may get reelected. I don't want to think about what this country will look like if he gets another 4 years.

"The economy is improving" ?? I can read the financial page to you but I can't make you comprehend it. There are 15 million people without a job, foreclosures are still heading up. The day zerO was sworn in the price of gas was $1.82. Today gas is over $4.00 in many areas and we haven't seen the summer increases yet. The national debt is exploding, 15.3 trillion and climbing and the budget zerO just printed only increases it further.

ZerO is in campaign mode telling everyone the economy is getting better and ideologues like you are lapping it up just like you lapped up all his lies in '08.

If there are enough zombies like you voting then zerO may get reelected. I don't want to think about what this country will look like if he gets another 4 years.

The President is in campaign mode? Exactly what mode are the repubs in, besides stuck on stupid and self destruction. The Greedy Old Party can't even muster a viable candidate.

Unlike you, I’ll cite facts in their proper context.

The stock market has rebounded. Notice the similarity between the crash-and-rebound beginning 1929 and the decline-and-rebound since 2008.

The unemployment rate skyrocketed because of the economic collapse of 2008, under George W. Bush. Despite opposition from Republicans, who would have preferred to see the unemployment rate remain high through President Obama’s first term, he has turned the economy around. We have had nearly two years of sustained growth, and the numbers are getting better every quarter. Compare these statistics to the unemployment rate after the crash of 1929. The economy is rebounding faster under President Obama than it did then but in neither era was the economic recovery instant. An expectation like that is unrealistic and juvenile. Notice also that the crash of 1929 occurred at the beginning of Hoover’s term, while the near-crash of 2008 took place near the end of Bush’s term. So President Obama had to take the brunt of the effect of the crash, which he did nothing to create.

President Obama’s policies saved an entire major industry: the auto industry. Instead of allowing GM and Chrysler to fail, President Obama and a Democratic Congress passed legislation that helped these companies through a crisis. They are now thriving, as a result of which auto workers are employed by American companies in the United States.

On foreclosures, you’ve cherry-picked one monthly statistic and tried to present it as a trend. Foreclosures are sharply decreased over the past year.

Gas prices (open the 6-year data) took a nosedive when Bush wrecked the economy. They are still lower than they were under Bush before the economy tanked.

The national debt has increased under President Obama. It also increased under President Bush, by a slightly larger amount: 13.8% per year against 11.1%. But the increase under President Obama took place because the economy was in crisis. The increase under Idiot Bush took place so he could give tax breaks to billionaires.

The national debt also increased during President Reagan’s first years in office, by a greater percentage than under President Obama. In Bush’s final year, the rate of increase was higher than in any year under President Obama. Of all the presidents since Ford, the lowest rates of increase were under President Clinton, for the simple reason that he adopted responsible policies for our future, which stupid cowboy undid – which then undid our economy.

Don’t bother reading the financial pages to me or anyone else. Take off your right wing eyeshades and try to understand what you’re reading. Stop distorting statistics and stop lying about President Obama's record. He has done an excellent job under extremely difficult circumstances. Idiot Bush took a healthy economy and ruined it. That's the difference.

The stock market has rebounded. Notice the similarity between the crash-and-rebound beginning 1929 and the decline-and-rebound since 2008.

The unemployment rate skyrocketed because of the economic collapse of 2008, under George W. Bush. Despite opposition from Republicans, who would have preferred to see the unemployment rate remain high through President Obama’s first term, he has turned the economy around. We have had nearly two years of sustained growth, and the numbers are getting better every quarter. Compare these statistics to the unemployment rate after the crash of 1929. The economy is rebounding faster under President Obama than it did then but in neither era was the economic recovery instant. An expectation like that is unrealistic and juvenile. Notice also that the crash of 1929 occurred at the beginning of Hoover’s term, while the near-crash of 2008 took place near the end of Bush’s term. So President Obama had to take the brunt of the effect of the crash, which he did nothing to create.

President Obama’s policies saved an entire major industry: the auto industry. Instead of allowing GM and Chrysler to fail, President Obama and a Democratic Congress passed legislation that helped these companies through a crisis. They are now thriving, as a result of which auto workers are employed by American companies in the United States.

On foreclosures, you’ve cherry-picked one monthly statistic and tried to present it as a trend. Foreclosures are sharply decreased over the past year.

Gas prices (open the 6-year data) took a nosedive when Bush wrecked the economy. They are still lower than they were under Bush before the economy tanked.

The national debt has increased under President Obama. It also increased under President Bush, by a slightly larger amount: 13.8% per year against 11.1%. But the increase under President Obama took place because the economy was in crisis. The increase under Idiot Bush took place so he could give tax breaks to billionaires.

The national debt also increased during President Reagan’s first years in office, by a greater percentage than under President Obama. In Bush’s final year, the rate of increase was higher than in any year under President Obama. Of all the presidents since Ford, the lowest rates of increase were under President Clinton, for the simple reason that he adopted responsible policies for our future, which stupid cowboy undid – which then undid our economy.

Don’t bother reading the financial pages to me or anyone else. Take off your right wing eyeshades and try to understand what you’re reading. Stop distorting statistics and stop lying about President Obama's record. He has done an excellent job under extremely difficult circumstances. Idiot Bush took a healthy economy and ruined it. That's the difference.

Scathing smackdown, squarely on target. Well done.

Guest Patriot

The latest Gallop poll has the unemployment at 19.2% (not the 8.4% that the leftist media claims), gas prices are hitting $4. (gas was $1.82 when Bush left office), debt is now 15.3 trillion, zerO's new budget (which even the dems are rejecting) adds another 1.3 trillion. I don't think zerO can win with these stats.

The latest Gallop poll has the unemployment at 19.2% (not the 8.4% that the leftist media claims), gas prices are hitting $4. (gas was $1.82 when Bush left office), debt is now 15.3 trillion, zerO's new budget (which even the dems are rejecting) adds another 1.3 trillion. I don't think zerO can win with these stats.

You don't think any Democrat can ever win. So what you "think" about this doesn't mean anything. If you're dumb enough to think that the Gallop poll or any other poll tells us what the unemployment rate is, then you don't think at all. And despite the fact that all these statistics have been put into context, you ignore all the parts that don't support your spin. Gas prices, for example: they're still not as high as they were under Bush. Gas prices were low when Bush left office because the economy tanked, D**bA**. I gave you the data, you just ignore them.

Guest Calling You Out

, said Patriot, the intellectually depthless and incessantly carping poster on this board who spends every breathing moment repeating Tea Party talking points while refusing to tell us whether he's supporting Willard ("Mitt") Romney or Newton Leroy ("Newt") Gingrich for President. Yes, that is their real names.

• 5 months later...

ARE YOU SICK ,MENTALLY DISTURB ,,,GOT A TUMER FOR A BRAIN.....THAT QUEER IS THE WORST PERSON TO THE HUMAN RACE.......I NEVER SAW MORE LIBERAL DEGRADING OF THE U S A ....HE IS DISTROYING THIS COUNRTY...HE IS OUT SOON....NOW GO BACK SMOKE THAT J

Guest Calling You Out

ARE YOU SICK ,MENTALLY DISTURB ,,,GOT A TUMER FOR A BRAIN.....THAT QUEER IS THE WORST PERSON TO THE HUMAN RACE.......I NEVER SAW MORE LIBERAL DEGRADING OF THE U S A ....HE IS DISTROYING THIS COUNRTY...HE IS OUT SOON....NOW GO BACK SMOKE THAT J

Seems like desparation is taking over on the Republican side. Romney is losing ground in the swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and, with Ryan on the ticket, Florida. It's getting more negative on Fox News and with folks like you. That's because you can't defend the Romney plan to cut capital gains and dividend tax rates even lower or the Ryan plan to turn Medicare into a capped voucher program.

Guest Patriot

Seems like desparation is taking over on the Republican side. Romney is losing ground in the swing states of Ohio, Pennsylvania and, with Ryan on the ticket, Florida. It's getting more negative on Fox News and with folks like you. That's because you can't defend the Romney plan to cut capital gains and dividend tax rates even lower or the Ryan plan to turn Medicare into a capped voucher program.

Unemployment is the highest in NJ in 35 years, Joe Gaffe is mocking blacks with his "put y'all back in chains" comments, zerO added 3.5 billion this week to the national debt, gas is back to $4.00 a gal., Let's see.......Romney / Ryan or Mumbo / Dumbo ? I think the mutt is going to be kicked back to Chicago.

Unemployment is the highest in NJ in 35 years, Joe Gaffe is mocking blacks with his "put y'all back in chains" comments, zerO added 3.5 billion this week to the national debt, gas is back to $4.00 a gal., Let's see.......Romney / Ryan or Mumbo / Dumbo ? I think the mutt is going to be kicked back to Chicago.

Wrong as usual, Stupid. Unemployment in New Jersey reached its peak in 2009 because Bush crashed the economy. Bush got lucky because the crash occurred at the end of his term. If it had occurred at the beginning of his term, as it did under Hoover, he'd have the bad numbers on his watch. You have to account for why things happened. It's not your doctor's fault if you have a heart attack in the hospital, if you came in with all your vessels occluded.

Vice President Biden wasn't mocking blacks. He was speaking to his audience, which was largely black. It wasn't a gaffe and it wasn't mocking. You guys will lie about anything.

Of course the debt is up. Clinton put the budget into surplus and Bush gave it all away, putting us into a long-term debt for no good reason. By the time Obama took office, the economy had crashed - the worst crash since the Great Depression. But of course, you right-wing scumbags insist that he should wave a magic wand and undo all the damage you spent decades making. Obama can't undo the damage without help from Congress, and the Republicans refuse to let him do anything. Of course, we could have not done the stimulus, but then we'd have unemployment at 15 or 20%, the debt would be higher and we'd be in a full-blown economic depression. So Republicans love to whine and obstruct whenever at Democrat is in office but they ignore the facts.

And now you want to talk about gas prices again. The price of gas on average is $3.70 per gallon, you lying scumbag. And the President has very little control over it, a fact you didn't mind when

, if you can call that saying anything.

If we elect Mittnochio and Lyin' Ryan, they're going to continue to destroy the middle class and ignore all our long-term needs so the rich can continue to get richer. Both parties are beholden to monied interests but the Republicans worship it. This has been going on for thirty years. Eventually the people are going to figure it out. The only question is whether the Republicans will completely crash the economy first. They came very close in 2008, and the only reason the economy didn't crash is that the government the Republicans B**ch about so much intervened to bail out the big financial institutions that were about to collapse. But the middle class got screwed in the process, and the Republicans don't care. They want to go right back to the policies that created this catastrophe in the first place. We can't destroy the middle class and still have a healthy economy. It's up to the people if they want to vote against their own interests. I just don't understand why anyone would insist on being that stupid.

And the President is not a mutt, you jerk. And he's winning, even according to Rasmussen.

The American people are going to re-elect President Obama because they know he is working for them, in contrast to Mr. Rmoney, who only cares about people like himself who have more money they they know what to do with. By the way, why isn't it a scandal that Ryan's intellectual hero and inspiration was a militant atheist?

But answer this question, "Patriot," a/k/a 2Stupid4Words: What is different about Romney's proposals, as contrasted with Bush's? You won't answer because there is no difference but that's the most important question in the election, if you're thinking about voting for Rmoney.

Guest Calling You Out

Is that why the stock market is on track to reach fresh multi-year highs?:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 49 points, or 0.4%, to 13320. That puts the average on track to surpass its 2012 closing high of 13279.32 from May 1, its highest since December 2007. The Standard & Poor's 500-stock index gained eight points, or 0.6%, to 1426, putting the index on track for the highest close since May 2008, and the Nasdaq Composite added 23 points, or 0.8%, to 3099.

Guest Patriot

Is that why the stock market is on track to reach fresh multi-year highs?:

The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 49 points, or 0.4%, to 13320. That puts the average on track to surpass its 2012 closing high of 13279.32 from May 1, its highest since December 2007. The Standard & Poor's 500-stock index gained eight points, or 0.6%, to 1426, putting the index on track for the highest close since May 2008, and the Nasdaq Composite added 23 points, or 0.8%, to 3099.

Latest poll has Independents favoring Romney by 10 points, case closed. Stick a fork in zerO, he's done. The coke-head socialist is being shipped back to Chicago.

Latest poll has Independents favoring Romney by 10 points, case closed. Stick a fork in zerO, he's done. The coke-head socialist is being shipped back to Chicago.

As usual you don't know what you're talking about. There was one poll a couple of months ago of people who said they were independent. But Joe the Plumber says he's an independent voter. The guy is as far right-wing as they come, as died-in-the-wool a Tea Party Republican as you'll ever see. So all the poll means is that a significant percentage of right wingers who would never vote for any Democrat are too stupid to realize that they're not really independent.

It's neck and neck. A lot of voters are going to get to the ballot box and think, "The guy who can at least somewhat understand what the middle-class goes through or the guy who wants to return us to Bush's policies that lead to the biggest economic crisis since the Great Depression?" Obama is going to be just fine.

Guest Calling You OUt

Dude, you're in SERIOUS denial; latest polls:

LA Times/USC 8/13 - 8/19 954 LV 3.2 48 46 Obama +2

Rasmussen Tracking 8/20 - 8/22 500 LV 3.0 45 45 Tie

Associated Press/GfK 8/16 - 8/20 885 RV 4.1 47 46 Obama +1

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 8/16 - 8/20 1000 RV 3.1 48 44 Obama +4

Gallup Tracking 8/15 - 8/21 3050 RV 2.0 45 47 Romney +2

Monmouth/SurveyUSA/Braun 8/15 - 8/19 1149 LV 2.9 46 45 Obama +1

And the lastest electoral college numbers (with 270 needed to win):

221 Obama

126 Tossups

191 Romney

Guest Patriot

Dude, you're in SERIOUS denial; latest polls:

LA Times/USC 8/13 - 8/19 954 LV 3.2 48 46 Obama +2

Rasmussen Tracking 8/20 - 8/22 500 LV 3.0 45 45 Tie

Associated Press/GfK 8/16 - 8/20 885 RV 4.1 47 46 Obama +1

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 8/16 - 8/20 1000 RV 3.1 48 44 Obama +4

Gallup Tracking 8/15 - 8/21 3050 RV 2.0 45 47 Romney +2

Monmouth/SurveyUSA/Braun 8/15 - 8/19 1149 LV 2.9 46 45 Obama +1

And the lastest electoral college numbers (with 270 needed to win):

221 Obama

126 Tossups

191 Romney

Critical fact: zerO is dropping in all 8 key states, Romney is rising. I hear the Fat Lady warming up.

Guest Calling You Out

Critical fact: zerO is dropping in all 8 key states, Romney is rising. I hear the Fat Lady warming up.

Whoa there big boy, denial AGAIN. Latest polls in swing States:

Ohio 46.6 45.2 Obama +1.4 Virginia 47.3 46.7 Obama +0.6 Florida 46.3 46.3 Tie Iowa 45.3 44.3 Obama +1.0 Colorado 47.6 46.0 Obama +1.6 Nevada 49.0 44.8 Obama +4.2

Guest 2smart4u

zerO has dropped in every one of those states over the last month. In another month he'll be trailing in all of them.