Out of Control

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

600 apartments proposed for the Hartz Mountain property, 200 high-rise apartments by the bridge, same old one lane roads for all the traffic. When is enough enough??

Guest landlord

600 apartments proposed for the Hartz Mountain property, 200 high-rise apartments by the bridge, same old one lane roads for all the traffic. When is enough enough??

Gee we are affully sorry we did not contact you first for your approval,same on us , come to the town meeting and show us our wrong ways we have been running this town for you we need some direction and may be you the man for the job. You seem to notice all the faults in our effort for redevelopment. Maybe you have all the answers we need.................

the development plans they are putting in place are fantastic in my opinion - they are targeting the young commuter professional and if plan by bridge goes thru, luxury clientelle. Let them build, it will bring tax revenue and in turn, relief to the town.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't - POLITICS.

Gee we are affully sorry we did not contact you first for your approval,same on us , come to the town meeting and show us our wrong ways we have been running this town for you we need some direction and may be you the man for the job. You seem to notice all the faults in our effort for redevelopment. Maybe you have all the answers we need.................

When was the last time redevelopment was on the agenda at a town hall meeting where a person could comment on it? When was the last time a public hearing was held where a resident could have some input into the redevelopment? No,it was all the doings of our mayor and council the got us into this 95 million dollar debt. Let's not try to blame our tax payers now that this mess is upon us. Hundreds of new homes, is that matched by hundreds of new parking spots on Harrison Ave? Is that matched by any new recreational facilities or parks. No our mayor and council brought all of these things upon us and it's only going to get worse. How are we going to lower taxes when we are 95 million in debt?

Guest BlueTideBacker

No, you don't need me. I can see you have all the intelligence the town needs. Good luck.

Did you even take the time to read this before you posted it??? Are you a graduate from Harrison High??? Did you graduate from any school???

if you do just a little bit of research you will see that the rentals cater towards young, single processionals and if you look at statistics for current rentals at the Harrison Station, you will see that they are commuters or students and not families with children.

And as for your parking comment, they can't just build without having adequate parking for each unit. There are formulas for these things. again, ignorance at its best.

I don't see how you could think that the development is a bad thing - its making use of the empty land and doing something with it and bringing revenue to the town in the form of taxes, as well as revenue to local businesses.

When was the last time redevelopment was on the agenda at a town hall meeting where a person could comment on it? When was the last time a public hearing was held where a resident could have some input into the redevelopment? No,it was all the doings of our mayor and council the got us into this 95 million dollar debt. Let's not try to blame our tax payers now that this mess is upon us. Hundreds of new homes, is that matched by hundreds of new parking spots on Harrison Ave? Is that matched by any new recreational facilities or parks. No our mayor and council brought all of these things upon us and it's only going to get worse. How are we going to lower taxes when we are 95 million in debt?

No, you don't need me. I can see you have all the intelligence the town needs. Good luck.

This guy probably thinks there's Zero issues with adding 800+ residential units to the town while simultaneously reducing services.

if you do just a little bit of research you will see that the rentals cater towards young, single processionals and if you look at statistics for current rentals at the Harrison Station, you will see that they are commuters or students and not families with children.

And as for your parking comment, they can't just build without having adequate parking for each unit. There are formulas for these things. again, ignorance at its best.

I don't see how you could think that the development is a bad thing - its making use of the empty land and doing something with it and bringing revenue to the town in the form of taxes, as well as revenue to local businesses.

Please don't try to patronize to me claiming I am ignorant or ill informed. Apparently you don't read very well, I asked if the amount of parking on Harrison Avenue would accommodate several thousand new residents. I am well aware of your resident parking formula, do these people park and walk all over town?

Of course they cater to young professionals and students, just what we need student dorms and yuppies. I hope they are Republicans and throw you guys out.

Yes we needed to reclaim our old industrial base. I think it could have been done in other ways that would not have left the town with a big reduction in services and a ninety-five million debt.

I remember when the hotel was going to be Harrison's salvation. That was long before our ninety-five million debt, and a serious reduction in police and fire services.

My point is that there could have been a lot more input from town residents which may have led to more parks and recreational services. Instead we got input form janitors, plumbers, and people who would otherwise be unemployable, know as the mayor and council. Their input has led to long costly legal battles and if anyone thinks that in our lifetime they are going to reduce the ninety-five million dollar debt and lower taxes, they are mistaken.

the development plans they are putting in place are fantastic in my opinion - they are targeting the young commuter professional and if plan by bridge goes thru, luxury clientelle. Let them build, it will bring tax revenue and in turn, relief to the town.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't - POLITICS.

what tax revenue? they've all been given 20yr or more tax abatements. services needed and of course provided for the masses will S**K that revenue dry long before that bill is paid. then what??? wait and see juggheads..........

....because residents can drive through town easily NOW? common sense man! btw your efforts at this redevelopment really should be redefined so as to expose, i meam state, their real intent.