Kearny Fire Department

Guest Guest

I have been hearing the buzz around Kearny town hall that they are going to terminate approximately 20% of the towns Fire Department. My opinion is that this is finally a decisive decision to take charge moving toward strenghthening the towns financial situation. It sends a message that fiscal responsibilty is the new order, not the popular thing to do. There will be no aid given to Kearny from the Honorable and Visionary Governor Christie towards this tax and spend Democratic lifestyle of Kearny. There is no more tax property tax money to charge because of the tax lien and steadily rising foreclosure rate. The approx. $2 MILLION DOLLAR savings from this can be used to secure the towns financial future.

The Police should not be tammpered with due to the increase in crime. 20 less Firemen would never be noticed as it has no impact, but 20 less Police Officers would produce chaos and a huge spike in crime. It time to shake things up and move in the right direction towards fiscal responsibility and not charity jobs for the underachievers in life being rewarded for their family and friendship coonnections. FIRE THE FIREMEN.

Guest Kearny Senior

I have been hearing the buzz around Kearny town hall that they are going to terminate approximately 20% of the towns Fire Department. My opinion is that this is finally a decisive decision to take charge moving toward strenghthening the towns financial situation. It sends a message that fiscal responsibilty is the new order, not the popular thing to do. There will be no aid given to Kearny from the Honorable and Visionary Governor Christie towards this tax and spend Democratic lifestyle of Kearny. There is no more tax property tax money to charge because of the tax lien and steadily rising foreclosure rate. The approx. $2 MILLION DOLLAR savings from this can be used to secure the towns financial future.

The Police should not be tammpered with due to the increase in crime. 20 less Firemen would never be noticed as it has no impact, but 20 less Police Officers would produce chaos and a huge spike in crime. It time to shake things up and move in the right direction towards fiscal responsibility and not charity jobs for the underachievers in life being rewarded for their family and friendship coonnections. FIRE THE FIREMEN.

There you go again Barney, you'll never make Sgt.

You are smoking crack if you think the town is going to save that 2 million for the future. That money is probably already wasted on contracts for town employees friends.

How much did it cost to put gps tracking devised in every town vehicle? Every Dpw truck, school vehicle, police car, and fire truck.

Wonder if the business administrator has some connection to the company who landed that sweet payday. Last I checked a town vehicle hasn't been stolen in what, over 20 years? The mayor or town administrator will never answer why it was necessary to spend all that money because they both are cowards.

Are stolen firetrucks and huge problem in Kearny? Give me a break.

Yeah. I bet the families that had their apartments saved on kearny ave and house savest midland in the last two weeks feel the same way to. Your tantalize on here about The fire department are comical. Get a life loser

Guest Kearny educator

There you go again Barney, you'll never make Sgt.

As a psychology major I read "Barney" comments with a chuckle. He knows that posting outrageous remarks about the FD will get a reaction from other readers, and he takes delight in causing these reactions. So while I understand the why of it, I have to wonder about his motivation; did he fail the FD entrance exam, is he jealous of the firefighters or does he some other grievance, real or imagined.

Since "Barney" is really a harmless anonymous guy that apparently is starving for attention (what does that say about his home life?) my suggestion for all those who get angry at his comments is to ignore him and like all other harmless life forms he'll blow away.

Yeah. I bet the families that had their apartments saved on kearny ave and house savest midland in the last two weeks feel the same way to. Your tantalize on here about The fire department are comical. Get a life loser

You forgot the owners of Hodnetts steakhouse. They saved that building less than a month ago also.

Get an education loser!!

Sorry oh great one who spends all his time obsessing about the West Hudson's Bravest. My smart phone changed Your rants on here are comical to Your tantilize on here are comical. You wouldnt know about that though not being able to afford a smart phone. Now hurry back to mommys basement to reply to this loser.

Sorry oh great one who spends all his time obsessing about the West Hudson's Bravest. My smart phone changed Your rants on here are comical to Your tantilize on here are comical. You wouldnt know about that though not being able to afford a smart phone. Now hurry back to mommys basement to reply to this loser.

So, What your saying is that your Smart Phone....isn't?

jus sayin