Zombies win

Guest BlueTideBacker

Guest BlueTideBacker

The mayor opened the gates of Holy Cross Cemetery and the zombies answered the call. Villalta got about 35 more votes than McCormick thanks to the living dead that did as they were told.

Guest Old timer

The mayor opened the gates of Holy Cross Cemetery and the zombies answered the call. Villalta got about 35 more votes than McCormick thanks to the living dead that did as they were told.

That's how it works in a democracy. Maybe YOU should have run for office instead of sitting on here bitching about what the majority of voters decided.

That's how it works in a democracy. Maybe YOU should have run for office instead of sitting on here bitching about what the majority of voters decided.

The majority of the voters who are educated,informed and knowledgeable of the reality of Harrison knew exactly what they wanted, the rest of the voters whom are either town deciples and have a brown stain on their lips, and those who are just plain uneducated or maybe just wanted some Red Bull Tickets or a free lunch are those who in the end will lose.

Guest Old timer

To: Oldtimer You must be one of the ones who rob this town moved out and have a son or dauhter trying to get a job in town now

Pretty bold and dumb assumptions kiddo. All wrong of course. Lived here all my life, 63 years. Never worked for any government entity, my kids are all grown and gone to other states also never on a government payroll and not looking to come back here.

Not everyone agrees with you and your kind or people would have voted out the current crowd. If you're unhappy either move or start a recall petition to remove the Mayor or council. Put yourself out there to work to change things to how YOU think they should be ...of course it's easier to come on here and accomplish nothing.

Guest Harrison Senior

Pretty bold and dumb assumptions kiddo. All wrong of course. Lived here all my life, 63 years. Never worked for any government entity, my kids are all grown and gone to other states also never on a government payroll and not looking to come back here.

Not everyone agrees with you and your kind or people would have voted out the current crowd. If you're unhappy either move or start a recall petition to remove the Mayor or council. Put yourself out there to work to change things to how YOU think they should be ...of course it's easier to come on here and accomplish nothing.

Sounds like you're a zombie that supports the "current crowd". The same crowd that held secret meetings where they rolled the dice with 40+ million of taxpayer dollars without asking the taxpayers what they thought about it.

The same crowd that's responsible for the huge hole we're in.

Guest Old timer

Sounds like you're a zombie that supports the "current crowd". The same crowd that held secret meetings where they rolled the dice with 40+ million of taxpayer dollars without asking the taxpayers what they thought about it.

The same crowd that's responsible for the huge hole we're in.

And it's sounds like you're a forum whiner that never got off your butt to go out and speak or campaign against the "current crowd". THAT's how you beat them not by anonymously bitching on here. The voters and lack of effort/interest to change this regime is why we're in the hole we're in. Pinho was on the right track but very few joined him to stop them. Did you?

Guest Harrison Senior

And it's sounds like you're a forum whiner that never got off your butt to go out and speak or campaign against the "current crowd". THAT's how you beat them not by anonymously bitching on here. The voters and lack of effort/interest to change this regime is why we're in the hole we're in. Pinho was on the right track but very few joined him to stop them. Did you?

Yes I did. You beat them at the ballot box, not on the soap box. Unfortunately, the Zombies outnumber the living, thinking voters in Harrison. But it's too late anyway, the 90+ million dollar nut we have on our backs will outlive all of us. The hole they have dug us into is not going away anytime soon. It will take a major economic recovery to start the process but then there is still the issue of 15 and 20 year tax abatements that were handed out.

Where has Pinho been? once his comprade Millan got in and he got himself a Job as attorney on Board. He no more speaka the english or speaka for the people. What happen you Pinho? Just like Millan MIA for years.

Yes I did. You beat them at the ballot box, not on the soap box. Unfortunately, the Zombies outnumber the living, thinking voters in Harrison. But it's too late anyway, the 90+ million dollar nut we have on our backs will outlive all of us. The hole they have dug us into is not going away anytime soon. It will take a major economic recovery to start the process but then there is still the issue of 15 and 20 year tax abatements that were handed out.

Agree you beat them at the ballot box. The true zombies are the one's who don't vote - turnout is usually in the 20% range.

Agree you beat them at the ballot box. The true zombies are the one's who don't vote - turnout is usually in the 20% range.

You think the turnout is 20%?????? I would imagine it is lower than that

So I did some crude math, here goes total votes for the 4 wards = 1340 (I realize that some did not have an opponent) lets bump that up to a conservative 1500 for folks who did not vote for an unopposed candidate. 1500 is 20% of 7500. Census data from 200 Harrison population 14424.... Looking at more like 10%. So where are the rest of the 90%???????????? I bet there are a few on this message board. I am sure there are better stats out there but I am just using the main page as a reference.

Guest Poll Checker

So I did some crude math, here goes total votes for the 4 wards = 1340 (I realize that some did not have an opponent) lets bump that up to a conservative 1500 for folks who did not vote for an unopposed candidate. 1500 is 20% of 7500. Census data from 200 Harrison population 14424.... Looking at more like 10%. So where are the rest of the 90%???????????? I bet there are a few on this message board. I am sure there are better stats out there but I am just using the main page as a reference.

I counted about 40 of the living dead dragging themselves down Schuyler Ave heading for the voting booths, they were all wearing McDonough buttons.

Even giving a generous 20% I guess the other 80-90% are apparently ok with the way things are