Stephen Mace and Kearny Rescue Squad

Guest Bob Kaufman

Guest Bob Kaufman

I was surprised to read the absurd ad placed in last week’s Observer from Stephen Mace bashing the Kearny Rescue Squad.

I guess Mr. Mace is unaware of the overhead associated with operating a business. I assume the members driving the ambulance, the members caring for him, the gas, and the medical supplies all have a cost associated with it. I would further assume that Schuyler Cab is not equipped for life saving.

This kind of diluted thinking is what happens when you’re born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I hope that fine people Kearny do not take him seriously and risk their lives taking a cab in the event of an emergency. This could be a fatal decision with dire consequences.

The members of Kearny EMS have always been professional and come when they get the call, no questions asked. They never complain and they do their job as professionals all the time. They go out of their way to help the community and do more for this town than any other business.

Mr. Mace should learn to appreciate the emergency care providers that serve and protect him for mere pennies on the dollar compeered to what earns.

I for one will shop at the new furniture store in Lynn’s Chevrolet and give my business to someone who will appreciate it.

I was surprised to read the absurd ad placed in last week's Observer from Stephen Mace bashing the Kearny Rescue Squad.

I guess Mr. Mace is unaware of the overhead associated with operating a business. I assume the members driving the ambulance, the members caring for him, the gas, and the medical supplies all have a cost associated with it. I would further assume that Schuyler Cab is not equipped for life saving.

This kind of diluted thinking is what happens when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I hope that fine people Kearny do not take him seriously and risk their lives taking a cab in the event of an emergency. This could be a fatal decision with dire consequences.

The members of Kearny EMS have always been professional and come when they get the call, no questions asked. They never complain and they do their job as professionals all the time. They go out of their way to help the community and do more for this town than any other business.

Mr. Mace should learn to appreciate the emergency care providers that serve and protect him for mere pennies on the dollar compeered to what earns.

I for one will shop at the new furniture store in Lynn's Chevrolet and give my business to someone who will appreciate it.

Take a cab straight to ****, Mr. Mace. Your furniture store is * ****.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

I don't know what happened with him and EMS but I will say that I have had a few experiences with the Mace Family. They are very eccentric people-- they're honest people but quite frankly I think they're ******* a *** ******.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

What makes this guy Bob Kaufman the foremost authority on ambulatory services. I needed rapid transit to the hospital a few years ago and a family member called a cab because the ambulance was taking so long. The cab was there in like 2 minutes and took me right to the hospital free of charge. The only available ambulance was on the other side of town being used to transport a policians family member to a scheduled doctors appointment. Just like the NJ State Police helicopter transporting Christie to his sons ballgame. A taxi is the way to go!

I wonder if Mr Mace bothered to check the fee structure for other Paid Ambulance Services in the area. UMDNJ, MONOC, Liberty Health (Jersey City Med Ctr), KEMS is no longer a Volunteer Service or even part of the Town's organic services at all, they are a Paid contractor, and serve because they provide the town with the lowest bid.

How does your statement fit in with the discussion regarding mr. Mace and the Emergency squad?

Ummmmmmm the original post uses "gas" as an overhead for the ambulance squad.....Just wanted to make it clear the ambulance "company" saves THOUSANDS of dollers a year filling up at bergen ave. I bet Big Nicks would love to fill their delivery cars up down there!