layoffs

Guest guest

Guest concern parent

Can someone tell me what has the town council done besides putting turf on fields in town...it seems we are moving in the wrong direction and there is no answer in sight. I urge everyone to vote these people out it is time for some new blood...what do you think?

The best case scenario would be to lay off a minimum of 15 fireman and hire 15 cops because crime, not fires, is rising at a rapid pace. There have been no more fires in the last few years than other years so fire service would not be interrupted. The extra cops would have an immediate impact. It would also shut up the firemans complaints about paying part of their medical.

Guest Kearny Senior

The best case scenario would be to lay off a minimum of 15 fireman and hire 15 cops because crime, not fires, is rising at a rapid pace. There have been no more fires in the last few years than other years so fire service would not be interrupted. The extra cops would have an immediate impact. It would also shut up the firemans complaints about paying part of their medical.

Barney, I wouldn't expect for you to know this so I'll explain it to you. Concerning police and fire protection, decisions on future manpower levels shouldn't be based on a given past time period.

Fires don't occur on certain timetables. Residents are paying high taxes and rightfully expect the fire dept. to protect them. Laying off 15 ff's would take an engine out of service, an engine that might be "first in" at a house fire where people are trapped.

Maybe you don't live in Kearny and don't really care about these issues, but I do live in Kearny, in a third floor apartment and I hope I can count on the fire dept if I need them.