Volunteer Fire Department

Guest Pat

Heard the Mayor tell the little short Councilman (Exhalted Ruler!!!!) about how the HFD was going to be changed to a Volunteer Department very soon as per the DCA and how he was told he had to act. As you are aware Mayor McDermott can't think for himself, ***** used to tell him what to do and say now it's ***** and ****** and all those Consultants he hires for lots of $$$$ and guess who pays for it? Just like we will pay for the decisions made by these people who the town of Harrison keeps voting back in.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

I suggested this 15 years ago to save $6 million a year but greed and nepotism trumped common sense. The people the politicians and Mayor intended to get rich did and **** everybody else. This is what happens when people don't pay attention. All the Monarchy and town royalty are almost gone, haven gutted the town's very soul, and the the stupid loyal voters are left in poverty. Too late, too late.

AS SOON AS ******* *** GETS 25 YRS IN 27 MONTHS ITS A DONE DEAL. IN THE MEANTIME THEY ARE

MANUVERING THE CIVIL SERVICE SYSTEM TO PROTECT HIM

I have been saying Volunteer Fire Dept for a very long time, and You are absolutely rite they are Manuvering the Civil Service System, There are to Damn many Over Paid People working in this Town and are collecting more than 1 pay Check, or they retore from 1 Job collect their Pension and get another Job, {most likely made up] to get a pay check....This is How the Town of Harrison works....I can not wait for a Volunteer Fire Dept. and then Maybe We will get a bigger police Dept. Like we need....

Guest Fire Service Expert

I have been saying Volunteer Fire Dept for a very long time, and You are absolutely rite they are Manuvering the Civil Service System, There are to Damn many Over Paid People working in this Town and are collecting more than 1 pay Check, or they retore from 1 Job collect their Pension and get another Job, {most likely made up] to get a pay check....This is How the Town of Harrison works....I can not wait for a Volunteer Fire Dept. and then Maybe We will get a bigger police Dept. Like we need....

Don't hold your breath, there will never be volunteers on the HFD. You don't have a clue what it takes to start up a volunteer fire dept, I do. If you doubt me, walk into the firehouse and tell the guys you want to volunteer.

Guest Retired FF

Another veiled threat of violence to honest individuals. Does it ever end with this thug crew? Hopefully VOLUNTEER by January 1, 2012.

There was no threats there, Barney. The expert was right, volunteers cannot be integrated into a career dept without the cooperation and a willingness on the part of the career personnel to accept them. Right now I don't think there would be any warm and fuzzy feelings toward anyone wanting to volunteer. But since Barney is so enthusiastic about volunteers, I think he should be the first to step forward and volunteer. They make turnout gear in extra small size so Barney will look cute pretending to be a firefighter.

Why wouldn't any brave altruistic Harrison fireman be against training a volunteer? I thought all along is was stressed by the HFD and Mayor & Council that being a firefighter had nothing to do with money, but rather with cutting response times and saving lives. That's a real 180 on those issues.

How difficult can it be to teach someone to sleep in a bed at the firehouse instead of their own house? I think the retired bagpiper should play Taps when the last paid Harrison fireman gets unceremoniously kicked out the door at the end of the year. He will be working a different town job by then, but they should give him the comp time for it. It's time to pack up the pillows, blankets, pajamas, Backdraft DVDs, and Dennis Leary posters for that final ride down the shore.