Zero jobs from zerO in Aug.

Guest Patriot

Guest 2smart4u

For the first time in 65 years (since 1945), no jobs were created in an entire month (August).

But hey, zerO enjoyed a vacation on Martha's vineyard so what the hell.

zerO's "green jobs" record is also a disaster, millions spent for 14 jobs created.

Guest Proud American

For the first time in 65 years (since 1945), no jobs were created in an entire month (August).

But hey, zerO enjoyed a vacation on Martha's vineyard so what the hell.

You're right, job creation netted out to zero this past month, although job growth was positive every other month this year. Unfortunately, not enough to re-hire those all those who lost their jobs and young people entering the job market.

By comparison, ALL the jobs created under George W. Bush's presidency were LOST in Bush's final year in office. ALL of them. Bush would have been happy with a zero.

Also by comparison, at this point in his presidency, George W. Bush had already spent over 100 days at his vacation home in Waco, Texas, and would take nearly 400 in vacation by the time his two terms were up. President Barack Obama taking a curtailed one week vacation in August pales in comparison.

Guest 2smart4u

You're right, job creation netted out to zero this past month, although job growth was positive every other month this year. Unfortunately, not enough to re-hire those all those who lost their jobs and young people entering the job market.

By comparison, ALL the jobs created under George W. Bush's presidency were LOST in Bush's final year in office. ALL of them. Bush would have been happy with a zero.

Also by comparison, at this point in his presidency, George W. Bush had already spent over 100 days at his vacation home in Waco, Texas, and would take nearly 400 in vacation by the time his two terms were up. President Barack Obama taking a curtailed one week vacation in August pales in comparison.

FYI, Bush never had a vacation home in Waco. He lives in Crawford, Texas. You're also wrong about Bush's record on job creation. You're a typical loony, if the facts aren't on your side, lie.

Are we still playing this game? Barack vs Bush? Almost three years into his Obama's presidency? Bush was one of the worst presidents in American history. If that's the bar Barack Obama has set for himself (be better than Bush), then we should have never elected him in the first place. It's a sad day when zero job creation is something you're okay with and something you see as an uncontrollable force of nature. It's not. The lack of job creation in this country is Obama's problem and it's mostly his fault. Time to face the facts: they were right about Obama. Conservatives warned us that he was not ready to take office. He didn't have the experience, the conviction or the strength to lead. Now look where we are.

After back-to-back shitty presidents, will we as Americans finally see the failure of the two-party system and vote outside the crooked mainstream? I'm going to, and I think a lot of others will consider it too. You should too, Proud American, because you're caught up right now in a debate that makes look silly. I've heard Democrats calling our intervention in Libya a good idea. I've heard them back Obama's decision to stay in Afghanistan. I've heard them applaud half-way healthcare reform and half-way stimulus. I've heard them make excuses for why there are no jobs. And I've heard them say, "Well he's better than Bush." It's a joke. You don't have to toe the line. So don't.

Guest Proud American

FYI, Bush never had a vacation home in Waco. He lives in Crawford, Texas. You're also wrong about Bush's record on job creation. You're a typical loony, if the facts aren't on your side, lie.

My mistake. His vacation home is in Crawford, Texas, not Waco. (W. now lives in metro Dallas.) The fact is George W. Bush spent nearly 400 days at his vacation home during his presidency. Can you dispute that? (No.)

As to job losses, my numbers are right. All jobs created under George W. Bush were lost in his final year in office. An astonishing 3.78 million private sector jobs were lost in 2008 per the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

You can name call all you want. I'm interested in facts.

Guest Proud American

Are we still playing this game? Barack vs Bush? Almost three years into his Obama's presidency? Bush was one of the worst presidents in American history. If that's the bar Barack Obama has set for himself (be better than Bush), then we should have never elected him in the first place. It's a sad day when zero job creation is something you're okay with and something you see as an uncontrollable force of nature. It's not. The lack of job creation in this country is Obama's problem and it's mostly his fault. Time to face the facts: they were right about Obama. Conservatives warned us that he was not ready to take office. He didn't have the experience, the conviction or the strength to lead. Now look where we are.

After back-to-back shitty presidents, will we as Americans finally see the failure of the two-party system and vote outside the crooked mainstream? I'm going to, and I think a lot of others will consider it too. You should too, Proud American, because you're caught up right now in a debate that makes look silly. I've heard Democrats calling our intervention in Libya a good idea. I've heard them back Obama's decision to stay in Afghanistan. I've heard them applaud half-way healthcare reform and half-way stimulus. I've heard them make excuses for why there are no jobs. And I've heard them say, "Well he's better than Bush." It's a joke. You don't have to toe the line. So don't.

What would have John McCain and Sarah Palin done if they had become President and Vice President?