NA PeeWee Football Response

Guest Jason

I was at the local Foodtown on Schuyler as well that morning and I have to stand up and respond. The last person's version is either fueled by some type of hatred for this group or just hates life in general. When my wife and I got there, the coaches were sitting at a table they set up and the children were lined up along the wall with a handmade sign and their helmets to collect donations. These children were about 7-8 years old. No one blocked me in or tried to "shake" me down. They were yelling "Support Vikings". Are you serious? That bothered you?? They are 8 years old for crying out loud!! Not to mention, the boy I gave my donation to did say thank you.. How many children these days do that? I give those children all the credit in the world for going out there and trying to help their team!! Not to mention the VOLUNTEER coaches that donated their time to be there as well. One last point. You made your post at 11:27 that morning. According to you, everyone was "frantic" because of the oncoming storm. So your priority was to RUN home, turn on the computer, come to this site and bad mouth a group of children?? Who should be ashamed of themselves? That shows what kind of character you have! My son is 4 and I hope to have him in sports next year and just hope ignorant people like you don't discourage the fine men and women that volunteer their time to make these leagues possible.. This stinks of someone within the organization that has sour grapes towards someone, but I hope that wouldn't be the case in a small town like ours. Get off your soapbox and get a hobby or make some friends to occupy your time instead of picking on little children doing a fundraiser!! GEESH!

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the local Foodtown on Schuyler as well that morning and I have to stand up and respond. The last person's version is either fueled by some type of hatred for this group or just hates life in general. When my wife and I got there, the coaches were sitting at a table they set up and the children were lined up along the wall with a handmade sign and their helmets to collect donations. These children were about 7-8 years old. No one blocked me in or tried to "shake" me down. They were yelling "Support Vikings". Are you serious? That bothered you?? They are 8 years old for crying out loud!! Not to mention, the boy I gave my donation to did say thank you.. How many children these days do that? I give those children all the credit in the world for going out there and trying to help their team!! Not to mention the VOLUNTEER coaches that donated their time to be there as well. One last point. You made your post at 11:27 that morning. According to you, everyone was "frantic" because of the oncoming storm. So your priority was to RUN home, turn on the computer, come to this site and bad mouth a group of children?? Who should be ashamed of themselves? That shows what kind of character you have! My son is 4 and I hope to have him in sports next year and just hope ignorant people like you don't discourage the fine men and women that volunteer their time to make these leagues possible.. This stinks of someone within the organization that has sour grapes towards someone, but I hope that wouldn't be the case in a small town like ours. Get off your soapbox and get a hobby or make some friends to occupy your time instead of picking on little children doing a fundraiser!! GEESH!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(That's me, standing up and offering a big round of applause for the above post!)

When my children first started in sports - not in NA - I was (ashamedly) one of those parents who constantly criticized the "lousy" coaches. One soccer season I was asked to help coach my son's soccer team because they were short coaches and their was no coach for this team; the team would have to be broken up otherwise. I agreed and boy did I have my eyes opened! I did my best, but I never volunteered again! I also vowed to NEVER EVER criticize the hard working dedicated volunteers who were willing and excited to do what I would not do - even for my own kids! Talk about "take a walk" in someone else's shoes before you criticize them.

And really - the original post was upset by the 7 and 8 year olds? :o

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(That's me, standing up and offering a big round of applause for the above post!)

When my children first started in sports - not in NA - I was (ashamedly) one of those parents who constantly criticized the "lousy" coaches. One soccer season I was asked to help coach my son's soccer team because they were short coaches and their was no coach for this team; the team would have to be broken up otherwise. I agreed and boy did I have my eyes opened! I did my best, but I never volunteered again! I also vowed to NEVER EVER criticize the hard working dedicated volunteers who were willing and excited to do what I would not do - even for my own kids! Talk about "take a walk" in someone else's shoes before you criticize them.

And really - the original post was upset by the 7 and 8 year olds? :o

their sorry that should have been there :unsure: