NA PeeWee football

Guest Janie

To the N.A.pee wee football parents and their coaches:

I would have been happy to give to your fundraiser outside of Foodtown today, but I don't like being screamed at and accosted by children and coaches who blocked both the entrances and exits to the stores like some kind of "shakedown" squad to customers frazzled enough by the oncoming hurricane. And the fact that you stood there and encouraged this behavior says volumes about your character. Really bad form folks. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Guest NA Parent

To the N.A.pee wee football parents and their coaches:

I would have been happy to give to your fundraiser outside of Foodtown today, but I don't like being screamed at and accosted by children and coaches who blocked both the entrances and exits to the stores like some kind of "shakedown" squad to customers frazzled enough by the oncoming hurricane. And the fact that you stood there and encouraged this behavior says volumes about your character. Really bad form folks. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Guest Jason Scavonr

I also witnessed the above event. The original author paints a crude picture. I think the children out there were like 7 or 8. Give them credit! They were not blocking any entrances when I was there. The coaches were sitting at a table while the children held signs and their helmets to collect money. Obviously the above person does not have children or are one of these parents that are responsible for most of these children that are addicted to video games because they are allowed to just sit there instead of being encouraged to go out and do something. My son is 4 and I hope he is ready for sports next year. BIG thumbs up to these children and coaches for going out there to help your team. Dont let one rotten apple ruin your enthusiasm!! The author also made a remark about the coaches there. Did you speak to any of them or did you just run home and type this message? That's showing integrity! Give those guys credit! They are volunteers. You don't like it, don't donate or at least speak to the people there face to face. What does that say about you? Also... I'm not afraid to show my name. Just saying... Keep up the good work little guys!!!

Guest NA Watchman

The best part of that dope's comment is She said "everyone was frazzled because of the hurricane". Notice the date and time of the post... The children were out there during this time. That comment was posted at 11:27. So you were soooo frazzled that your first act was to RUSH home, turn on the computer and go to this page to post this? I don't know, NA.... Smells like someone internally had an issue with this..

Accosted???? Seriously??? Shakedown??????? Seriously???? These are the words you chose to speak about 6-7 year olds??????? What the hell is wrong with you???? You should be ashamed of yourself for even taking the time to make this post about children. So much for supporting today's youth.

Unfortunately, I was not exaggerating when I wrote my post. If others saw the children standing quietly with signs, then perhaps those observers were not present when I was there. I observed the coaches yell at the children to "get away from the doors" three times while I drove around the parking lot looking for a place to park. I observed the children swarm customers, including old folks and myself, entering and exiting the store, while screaming at the top of their lungs, "give us money." If readers feel this is appropriate behavior, then so be it. I did not. And for the record, I am a parent. I've also coached soccer, softball and basketball and volunteered my time on numerous occasions - PTA, town committess, and still do so. I give to fundraisers all the time - the ones where the kids hold cans and ask nicely for my support. I would have spoken directly to the coaches, but I didn't want to have the discussion in front of the children. I posted in hopes that the adults responsible would recognize that encouraging this behavior is in bad taste. If not, I guess getting screamed out on Saturday mornings at the grocery store will just become the norm for all of us.

Guest Jason Scavone

This is the last post I'm going to waste my time and energy on, but this person is so ignorant, I have to really point things out. Your first POST said that the coaches "were blocking the doors".. Now you are saying the coaches were "yelling at the kids". Also, if they were "yelling" at the kids, how is that "encouraging them to act inappropriately"? I mean, seriously. I'm sure the children's field trip or whatever they were trying to raise money for went well without the $1.00 you would have contributed to them. I hope you don't pass by the school play ground during lunch, because that's what 8 year old children do... "Scream at the top of their lungs". You even admitted that the coaches were "yelling" at them to calm down. What should they have done to quiet them? Tie them to a pole? I honestly can't believe the waste of energy you have to spare on this. You say you coach (or coached) softball, basketball and soccer. Thank God I don't have a daughter, so softball is out, just please make sure if you see a child with my last name sign up for soccer or basketball you don't take him. I want him to have a positive experience with sports and not feel like he can not act like a "goofy, loud child".

One last thing. You said you didn't want to approach the coaches in front of the children.. Instead of hiding behind your computer and bad mouthing the organization, I have a pretty good idea where you can find the football coaches.. Let's see... Where would football coaches be? Oh yea.. Maybe the football field.. Stop bashing little kids and volunteers in hiding. I pray people like you aren't in the organizations when my son gets to the age to play sports. This is the reason why there aren't enough volunteers.. Because of big mouth cowards like you who hide in the corner, put down and nit pick every little move the people who are doing good make. Get off of your soap box. You didn't like it. So you didn't give the children a buck. There are all kinds of bad things going on in the world and your worried about a group of 8 year old football players being loud in front of a Supermarket. I can only shake my head and hope you stop opening your mouth and cease to make yourself look foolish. I hope those children are out there everytime you have to go food shopping just to annoy you now and I hope they get louder and louder each time. Now just like you should do, I am stepping off of my soap box. If it is bothering you that badly, I would crawl from behind your computer, go to the football field one day and confront these evil coaches that are corrupting today's youth.