Flagman

turk182

Flag

I many or your posts you bemoan the fact that a lot of municiple workers dont live in town.

My question for you is do you live in the town in which you work. If you dont why is that Should you and all people be forced to live where they work regardless of thier occupation.

Flag

I many or your posts you bemoan the fact that a lot of municiple workers dont live in town.

My question for you is do you live in the town in which you work. If you dont why is that Should you and all people be forced to live where they work regardless of thier occupation.

If it weren't for Flagman, and people like him, there wold be sensible people. Think about it!

I am not taking any sides but I don't think you can compare where Flagman works and lives to town employees. Town employees are working for the town and for the people of the town of Kearny. I am a secretary in a small business that doesn't mean I should live in that town, but if you are making decisions for a town and for the people, I believe you should live in that town. Because if you don't live in that town that's telling me that you don't care what goes on in the town as long as you get your check...But this is just my opinion. others may see differenlty and that's ok...no attacks..

Hey tish, thats a bunch of F**king BS. I work for a municipality other than Kearny and yes i have to live in the town i work in. 1. If the school system s**ks in that town should i have to send my kid there, or why should i have to send her to private school. 2. If i work my way up to making decent money, why should anybody stop me from bettering myself amd my family by purchasing a home somewhere else. Doesn't the constituttion give me that right.

It is those fat asses who sit behind their desk making these rediculous laws who need to wake up.

Just for the record, i and most of my co-workers do not live in this town where we work for. We all use a different address, with forged documents. You try sending your kid to a school, whose surroundings resemble that of a third world country.

First of all, I said that this was my opinion and people may differ and I asked for no attacks so we can actually have a mature conversation on this board for once and discuss our different opinions, but the first few words your wrote were an attack. Second of all you just proved my point about not caring about the town and only for your check because of the way you described the town. I didn't say there were laws. I just feel, and I have every right to feel and have an opinion, that if you are representing a town, it would be nice if you lived in that town instead of making money from the town, running away, and then calling it's a "third world country" which that "country" is the provider of your check. I'm not talking about desk clerks or people like that. I"m talking about the people who make the decisions in the town and who are strong figures. Next time, instead of attacking me because I have an opinion, why don't you ask me questions and understand what I am trying to say even though you may have another opinion, instead of jumping down my throat. This is having an adult conversation.

Guest Guest 99
I am not taking any sides but I don't think you can compare where Flagman works and lives to town employees. Town employees are working for the town and for the people of the town of Kearny. I am a secretary in a small business that doesn't mean I should live in that town, but if you are making decisions for a town and for the people, I believe you should live in that town. Because if you don't live in that town that's telling me that you don't care what goes on in the town as long as you get your check...But this is just my opinion. others may see differenlty and that's ok...no attacks..

I understand where you are coming from. However, there may be circumstances that would make an out-of-towner a better option or the only one. In a small community there isn't always the selection of qualified people to fill all positions. As an example; a town has a need for 30 permanent teachers, but there are only 15 qualified teachers living in town. To educate the children you would have to go outside the town citizenry.

Other positions such as Administrator, Town Clerk, Treasurer and Code Official all must have certification. And, there is always the NAACP ruling by Judge Marian Barry ordering minority hirings.

All of that said, I honestly don't think where a person live has a bearing on his/her job performance. If they are good, they're good. If not.......

I am not taking any sides but I don't think you can compare where Flagman works and lives to town employees.  Town employees are working for the town and for the people of the town of Kearny.  I am a secretary in a small business that doesn't mean I should live in that town, but if you are making decisions for a town and for the people, I believe you should live in that town.  Because if you don't live in that town that's telling me that you don't care what goes on in the town as long as you get your check...But this is just my opinion.  others may see differenlty and that's ok...no attacks..

I understand where you are coming from. However, there may be circumstances that would make an out-of-towner a better option or the only one. In a small community there isn't always the selection of qualified people to fill all positions. As an example; a town has a need for 30 permanent teachers, but there are only 15 qualified teachers living in town. To educate the children you would have to go outside the town citizenry.

Other positions such as Administrator, Town Clerk, Treasurer and Code Official all must have certification. And, there is always the NAACP ruling by Judge Marian Barry ordering minority hirings.

All of that said, I honestly don't think where a person live has a bearing on his/her job performance. If they are good, they're good. If not.......

why has Kearny hired so many non-Hudson, Essex county residents when the NAACP ruling says we can only hire employees from those 2 counties? are we breaking the law?

I am not taking any sides but I don't think you can compare where Flagman works and lives to town employees.  Town employees are working for the town and for the people of the town of Kearny.  I am a secretary in a small business that doesn't mean I should live in that town, but if you are making decisions for a town and for the people, I believe you should live in that town.  Because if you don't live in that town that's telling me that you don't care what goes on in the town as long as you get your check...But this is just my opinion.  others may see differenlty and that's ok...no attacks..

Your posting has a town official ring to it. Must be my imagination

First of all the law says you don't have to in the town you work in. Your opinion is just that no matter how off base it is. Kearny has plenty of dedicated employees who do not live here. How can you make a statement that they don't care because theyre not residing in town? Also these employees WORK for that check!!! I live & work in Kearny & resent when people think that out of towners are here just to collect a check. Most of these employees were born & lived in town for many years. still having family here.

I lived in Newark and still own property in Newark. There is a perfect example of Newark workers having to reside in Newark. Try going to pay your taxes, getting a building permit, marriage licence....you might as well take the day off! You have non educated, former crack-heads, former convicts running that city. I'm just using them as an example, i'm sure there are other towns just like that. That is what happes when you have a residency law. You have to hire the highschool drop out who happens to know that one, or his/her mother happens to be banging that one. You might have the most qualified worker in front of you but because they don't live in town you can't hire them.

Another thing, why doesn't this residency law go for cops and firemen. Heck, if there is an emergency aren't they usaully the first ones called, or is the tax collector,building inspector or the health inspector that more inportant in an emergency. Seems like two standards to me.

Archived