HFD HPD

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

It is truly amazing that both departments can be trimmed by almost 30% and still be functional. This is what people have been saying for years!! Too bad taxpayers will not realize any savings by these retirements because of the debt incurred by the Stadium. Any thoughts?? Oh, congrats to the retirees, enjoy your pensions being mailed to your homes, not in Harrison...

Guest Guest

Thank you very much! Your thoughs of me enjoying my pension for the last 10 years have been the life that dreams are made of. I am doing less work than I didn't do at the Firehouse in 30 years if thats possible and now have a 70% pension to fall back on along with my $77,000 boat payment. It nice to be remembered.

Guest Guest

I have an idea. How bout we kick the Red Bulls out of the stadium and let the Blue Tide play there. If they're not paying taxes it's not there's -- it's ours! Better yet, destroy the stadium and put up a mall. That way the town gets money year round instead of just during the soccer season. And with that money? More police and firefighters; rather have them around then a corporation that doesn't pay.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

It is truly amazing that both departments can be trimmed by almost 30% and still be functional. This is what people have been saying for years!! Too bad taxpayers will not realize any savings by these retirements because of the debt incurred by the Stadium. Any thoughts?? Oh, congrats to the retirees, enjoy your pensions being mailed to your homes, not in Harrison...

the grass may seem greener now but its not! we have the hpd filled by egos and loud mouth brats that know sh)t about police work. a fire dept that i hear is getting a civilian as their leader. no medical services worth mentioning. who really won here? NOT THE RESIDENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!