Summer of Recovery ?

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

Last year at about this time, zerO announced his "Summer of Recovery". Well, last summer has come and gone and now we're into another summer and we're still waiting. I guess it's Bush's fault.

Guest 2Smart4U

I KNOW! When Bush took over the economy was a mess and he left it stronger than ever without running deficits then Zer0 took over and it all went to pot!

Guest Proud American

I KNOW! When Bush took over the economy was a mess and he left it stronger than ever without running deficits then Zer0 took over and it all went to pot!

Now you're engaging in conversations with yourself. I think I'll start calling both versions of you (Patriot and 2 Smart) Sybil.

I have addressed your deficit distortions several times in the past on this board. You were presented with budget facts and you (in both of your personas) ran away from the debate.

To summarize, the Iraq War, TARP and the Medicare prescription drug benefit resulted in a trillion dollar deficient in the last fiscal budget signed by George W. Bush. The crash exploded in September 2008, with the Lehman Brothers bankruptcy being the most glaring example of over-leveraged financial institutions. The Bush economy was a house of cards.

By the way, neither of your personas ever answered my question about the Republican plan to transform Medicare, for those born after 1955, into a voucher program.