Governor Christie

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

The State of NJ is going to have to make the "boat" payments to the retiring public employees and that would be correct. It was contractual. The decision that these payments will never be made again is good for the State. Use your vacation and sick days and if you do not you get nothing in the end. These payments are hurting every segment society in NJ for both public and private workers. It's another piece of these enormous tax bills that all residents must pay.

In my opinion, Governor Christie should have completely stripped the public employee's of their collective bargaining such as in Wisconsin and Puerto Rico. PR is undergoing a remarkable recovery due to that measure. There is still time to do that, despite what antagonists like the uneducated and I'll take anything I can get my hands on Sheila Oliver. If she gets offered a larger salary she will fall right in line like the rest of the politicians.

There should be a State wage for each job, like Cop or Fireman, and every other public job as determined by the Governor and Staff. That will get rid of a good amount of nepotism and patronage. The Governor and staff should also determine which town needs what service and how many people in each position. If the Governor decides that a town like Kearny needs 75 fireman then that's what they get. Also, the salary should be set at $50,000 with a $10,000 raise when they decide on a promotion no matter what position; Captain $60,000, BC $70,000, no Dep. chief, and Chief $80,000. Every town the same. Also, 10% towards pensions and 50% towards medical. It is possible because the Governor is not nearly done with his wise decision making. The average family would then afford to live comfortably and achieve home ownership and higher education for their children.

The current system is that jobs such as a fireman that require no education and underachiving incompetents are draining public funds for no return on investment. It's just wasted money. We can only hope that these measures will be implemented someday soon to make the U.S. a strong country once again.

Guest Guest

The State of NJ is going to have to make the "boat" payments to the retiring public employees and that would be correct. It was contractual. The decision that these payments will never be made again is good for the State. Use your vacation and sick days and if you do not you get nothing in the end. These payments are hurting every segment society in NJ for both public and private workers. It's another piece of these enormous tax bills that all residents must pay.

In my opinion, Governor Christie should have completely stripped the public employee's of their collective bargaining such as in Wisconsin and Puerto Rico. PR is undergoing a remarkable recovery due to that measure. There is still time to do that, despite what antagonists like the uneducated and I'll take anything I can get my hands on Sheila Oliver. If she gets offered a larger salary she will fall right in line like the rest of the politicians.

There should be a State wage for each job, like Cop or Fireman, and every other public job as determined by the Governor and Staff. That will get rid of a good amount of nepotism and patronage. The Governor and staff should also determine which town needs what service and how many people in each position. If the Governor decides that a town like Kearny needs 75 fireman then that's what they get. Also, the salary should be set at $50,000 with a $10,000 raise when they decide on a promotion no matter what position; Captain $60,000, BC $70,000, no Dep. chief, and Chief $80,000. Every town the same. Also, 10% towards pensions and 50% towards medical. It is possible because the Governor is not nearly done with his wise decision making. The average family would then afford to live comfortably and achieve home ownership and higher education for their children.

The current system is that jobs such as a fireman that require no education and underachiving incompetents are draining public funds for no return on investment. It's just wasted money. We can only hope that these measures will be implemented someday soon to make the U.S. a strong country once again.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH..............YOUR DUMB!!!!! Were you crying when you were typing your jealous rant!!!!! DUMB DUMB DUMB

Guest Guest

It has bee n 6 onths into 2011 going on 7 and neither the Fire Departments in kwarny or Harrison have put out a fire. In my opinion, that is why they will NOT, under any circumstaces, to the resident taxpauyers. It adds up to about $8 million dollars onsalaries alone for absolutely nothing in return. Not one damn thing. $8 million dollars is like a gift from God for these cash strapped towns and the towns are saying they don't want it. I do not live in Kearny or Harrison but I like to point out the poison of corruption wherever it is. The same can be said for many other towns in Hudson County. I grew up in Hudson County and had a fantastic childhood. When I started my own family I moved far away to a town with a volunteer FD that prides itself on this matter and every service is at full capacity and is beautifull and helpfull in all ways possible.

Guest Guest

The good thing is, the Town of Kearny does not pay for unused sick time, it is not in the CBA's of police or fire. Nepotism is prevented by the existence of the Civil Service, which the good Governor wants to do away with. Take away Civil Service, and the ONLY people taking any of these jobs will be the friends and family of the winning politician (you didn't really think that one through, HUH?). Most of the Governor's proposed reforms would be better received if he actually brought the issues to the employees, instead of hammering them in the press.

Guest Guest

No job should have a set in stone salary. Even mcdonalds workers get raises. Cost of living goes up every year so you can't expect someone to survive and support a family like that.

The argument that you have a crappy job where you get no raises holds no importance. Every job and career is different. Everyone has the same options to apply. The fact that you do Not need anything more then a high school

Diploma makes it even more even to everyone to get the job.

You can claim the jobs are all given away to friends but you are 100% wrong. Kearny police and fire are

Civil service which means both make you take a State Run test. Those results determine , in order who gets called for the available jobs.

And finally as a tax payer , there is NO way I want someone in Trenton telling my town how many cops it needs when they don't live here. Politicians from out of town will cut services to get re-elected and our town will go down in flames.

Guest Harrison Senior

The fact is educational requirements are the same for both fire and police. However firefighters are both brave and strong, sadly that leaves you out Barney.

Guest Guest

Everyone has the option to apply? Apply to what? Every public sector job in Hudson County is appointed. I have never seen an application for public or "town" job. You think that is fair but I do not. Many residents are a hundred times more qualified than people working town jobs but only those connected need show interest. Where is the list to apply for a town job when there is an opening? I have never seen one and don't think they even have one in Hudson County.

If you think civil service is fair you are very naive. There my be a list created according to scores which are probably manipulated and there are many people who scored very low got hired over the years before higher scoring people. The Mayor's hand pick who they want off the list and if anyone is paying close attention and know they should be next but are not the desired person who the Mayor wants they let the list run out and hope that person scores higher next time or make sure of it by whatever means necessary. How else can you explain a 60 or 70 man dept. having 15 to 20 members of the same extended family all working those 15 to 20 jobs. The odds are in the billions.

As to how many public sector jobs, you see how well a town runs when local town Mayor's and Council's call the shots. They have destroyed the pension system, the jobs are only open to those who are connected such as 3 or 4 secretaties making over $100,000 for a part-time Mayor and three ladies making over $100,000.00 to be "Directors" of a Senior Center that sees like 12 people a day. Harrison is a perfect example to those who think that the current governing bodies have made good decisions. Other towns will soon be in the same boat with Harrison because of this lack of control when spending the peoples money, not your own. Those are my opinions.