K.H.S. Principal

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Now that the 2011 school year is coming to the end, maybe the B.O.E Members should consider ending Dr. Baumgartner position as Principal of K.H.S.. She has done nothing but bring down the moral of our teachers and students. Never wants to listen to what anyone has to say( It`s her way only) about anything. Someone should tell her we do not live in a perfect world and kids do mess up but to punish them with 5-10 days out of school suspensions instead of in school suspensions, where maybe our school counselors could help them with their problems they are having and the student would be able to keep up with their class work and not loose credit. Why does the KHS have a in school suspension room for students with a paid teacher and not being used. I for one know we have a great teaching staff ( with the exception of a few) in KHS. We need someone as principal who is going to listen and work with our teachers and helping our students. .

Edited by KOTW
The above is an opinion. Statements contained in the post way not be true.

Guest Inside Eyes

The big question is "Why was she hired?" I was under the impression that if you leave Kearny, you don't come back. FD is the one who brought her back, just like he was brought back (a really big mistake) and the principal in Franklin. Face it folks, we don't need someone's rejects--if you must leave Kearny for greener pastures, then stay there. No need to come back looking for the "good old days," or what you feel will be a piece of cake job. The Board of Education should be looking to get a really qualified Superintendent and top shelf Principals for not only the high school, but for every school that will be left without a principal in June. Time to stop the "Peter Principle"--we have enough people who have no clue as to what their job involves, but have the right connections. We have an educational system that is overrun with home bread people who owe someone for their job--time for some outsiders with up-to-date methods and ideas.

Guest Guest

Now that the 2011 school year is coming to the end, maybe the B.O.E Members should consider ending Dr. Baumgartner position as Principal of K.H.S.. She has done nothing but bring down the moral of our teachers and students. Never wants to listen to what anyone has to say( It`s her way only) about anything. Someone should tell her we do not live in a perfect world and kids do mess up but to punish them with 5-10 days out of school suspensions instead of in school suspensions, where maybe our school counselors could help them with their problems they are having and the student would be able to keep up with their class work and not loose credit. Why does the KHS have a in school suspension room for students with a paid teacher and not being used. I for one know we have a great teaching staff ( with the exception of a few) in KHS. We need someone as principal who is going to listen and work with our teachers and helping our students. .

Really, I've heard just the opposite - the faculty at KHS can't say enough nice things about Dr. Baumgartner. She was a well-like teacher and I understand that she has brought about a raised morale in the HS.

Guest GUEST

Really, I've heard just the opposite - the faculty at KHS can't say enough nice things about Dr. Baumgartner. She was a well-like teacher and I understand that she has brought about a raised morale in the HS.

Please, She is not liked by majority of the Faculty in KHS.

Guest guest

To whom it may concern: So let me get this straight, Who would you want as Principal of the HS. ** who has done nothing in his tenure. Oh yea thats who I want for my children. For your information my children don't even know who he is, He does not care about our kids. Hello WAKE UP PEOPLE

Edited by KOTW
Content.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

He does not even like the kids of Kearny. I have sat at meetings where he calls our students "losers". Is that what yu want for the kids of earny. They deserve better. He can't even do the job he was hired to do. It's a disgrace

• 8 months later...
Guest School Watch

Well if you listen to what is going on around town you would know that this wonderful person you wrote about could be your next Superintendent of Schools. Viscuso has been pushing hard for her to get hired and the puppet Doran is right there with him. You see, Viscuso said, "I am running for Frank Degesere" when he ran for the Board. Everything he says and everything does is because he is fed info constantly from Frank on what to do. So much for being a man of integrity. Viscuso is seen everywhere with Dr. Baumgartner, so that would make sense. Frank brought her back and Viscuso is carrying on the frank tradition of hiring friends and family. I hope the BOE, as a whole, does not give in to Viscuso and Doran's old "Business as usual" ways of doing things. It is obvious they are not there for the Kids or the taxpayers. The schools are finally moving in the right direction, do not let these people try to ruin it for their own self interests.

Guest In the know

It seems like none of you know what your talking about. Dr. Baumgartner is trying to do the best she can with the the little help and qualified people beside her, like the three Vice principles. They will do nothing to help her in any way.She is alone and on her own in that school.Two of them wants that position so bad they will do anything to derail her .From what my close friend say who works there is, thats why none of them were considered for the job because they do nothing ,especialy the one in charge of Curriculum.

This person knows the real inside scoop. Also there is a teacher who makes $85k babysitting the few kids in the detention room. Nice,I would love that job.My husband is looking for work,he will do it for half...

Guest Inside Eyes

The Curriculum VP is and always has been a humbug. How can you get a Masters degree in one year as a part-time, night student? Oh yea, he did supposedly go to Harvard on the Hudson which does lend to the ease, but it is still impossible. How did he become an auto shop teacher--that is another hoot. It must be great to have friends and relatives in high places. As for the VP in charge of Discipline, he knew is music and he really knew more than the band director.

Dr. Pagano-Baumgartner has their numbers and, one would guess, they have *****'s. It must be great to work under all the pressure of continually watching your back. It must be terrible to be in charge of Curriculum when you have no clue as to what Curriculum is. It must be terrible to be in charge of Discipline and being hated by even the kids who don't get into trouble. Have fun guys--it is not going to get easier. But for the money, you guys got it made in the shade.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

Nice to read a post from someone who might actually know what they're talking about. But really, why bother? Probably just dealing with a knuckle dragging cretin threatened by a woman with a brain. Mommy issues, anyone?

Guest Frank Hooks

The Curriculum VP is and always has been a humbug. How can you get a Masters degree in one year as a part-time, night student? Oh yea, he did supposedly go to Harvard on the Hudson which does lend to the ease, but it is still impossible. How did he become an auto shop teacher--that is another hoot. It must be great to have friends and relatives in high places. As for the VP in charge of Discipline, he knew is music and he really knew more than the band director.

Dr. Pagano-Baumgartner has their numbers and, one would guess, they have *****'s. It must be great to work under all the pressure of continually watching your back. It must be terrible to be in charge of Curriculum when you have no clue as to what Curriculum is. It must be terrible to be in charge of Discipline and being hated by even the kids who don't get into trouble. Have fun guys--it is not going to get easier. But for the money, you guys got it made in the shade.

The bottom line is ALL 3, the 2 vp's and Dr. B were all buddies with Frank D. This is just another example of hiring friends and now you're even saying these are not QUALIFIED people hired in the district. KEEP CHANGE ALIVE thanks to the FAB5.

Guest Guest

As for the 2 vice principals at the high school, only they can answer as to why they betrayed the man who gave them such great opportunities. As for Dr. Baumgartner, I defy anyone to say she isn't qualified for her position. As for the Fab 5, they've been busy all right. They have pretty much purged long-time professionals associated with the BOE in favor of ANYONE recommended by Supt. Bolandi. There's more than a handful that have been kicked to the curb in favor of non-town professionals with past experience with the interim Supt. Oh, I'm sure the fabulous ones will argue that the former professionals were: a - on the take, b-not as competent, or c-associated with the big bogeyman, Frank D., but in all cases, that would be a lie. Why would an interim supt want to make so many changes when he's nothing more than a temporary appointment?

Guest The Dr. Is In

As for the 2 vice principals at the high school, only they can answer as to why they betrayed the man who gave them such great opportunities. As for Dr. Baumgartner, I defy anyone to say she isn't qualified for her position. As for the Fab 5, they've been busy all right. They have pretty much purged long-time professionals associated with the BOE in favor of ANYONE recommended by Supt. Bolandi. There's more than a handful that have been kicked to the curb in favor of non-town professionals with past experience with the interim Supt. Oh, I'm sure the fabulous ones will argue that the former professionals were: a - on the take, b-not as competent, or c-associated with the big bogeyman, Frank D., but in all cases, that would be a lie. Why would an interim supt want to make so many changes when he's nothing more than a temporary appointment?

Wow, sounds like the good Dr. herself has spoken. Funny, she always speaks of things being posted on this site. The BIGGEST problem in this district is PARANOIA, but that is only because there were sooooo many people who were GIVEN jobs that they do not deserve and now there are finally people who TRULY care about the KIDS and doing what is RIGHT!!! And that goes for HIRING only the BEST QUALIFIED!!!! And if that means UNDOING and FIXING an appointment that was WRONG than so be it!!!! As for your multiple choices listed above.........the CORRECT answer would be ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Guest Guest

You are right, the betrayal is something that only "the two" can tell you about, but maybe FD didn't need his drummer (MB) any more. As for PR, there was never a really great connection between FD and PR other than running PR into the ground running the Marching Unit while FD got paid for the job. I am defying you, what is the good Doctor's degree in--we know a Bachelors in English or elementary ed.?, a MA in Reading or Kiddy Literature (something like that)?--not a MA in English which should have been the requirement to be a DC at KHS--oh yea, FD didn't have a Masters in Music and was the first DC not to have a Masters degree in the area of study he was in charge of. FD has a Masters in Urban Studies from Harvard on the Hudson--what is that? Getting back to the Good Doctor--she was always the first one out of the DC meetings before she left Kearny for "Greener Pastures." EdD or PhD, in what, from Rowan?

On the take, no, but how about buying a position? Not competent, maybe harsh, but really look at some of the appointments. Associated with FD and others though pay to play. Integrity seems to be a missing ingredient to the qualities needed. What does a great resume and an interview do--nothing, as in 99 percent of the times the person for the job has already been picked.

The Superintendent (interims included) can only make recommendations--they are powerless to do things on their own unless the BOE turns their heads and let the person run the ship without them. The BOE is in charge whether you like it or not. A good superintendent will make the BOE have less work to do by doing his/her homework and recommending only qualified people to jobs, not his/her friends. A good BOE will see the people being recommended and know if they are being handed "a bill of goods." Putting in years in Kearny does not seem to be rewarded with advancements. There are, I'm sure, really well qualified people, in the system, who are being passed over because of their unwillingness to K*** A**. Again, integrity seems to be a lacking ingredient to the mix.

What can be done? Get the best people (with integrity) on the BOE--not appointed by the Mayor.

Guest Town Watch

I think the FAB5 should stop worrying about Frank D., who is quite happily retired, and get their current supt in line.

He may be retired but he's not HAPPY!!!!!!!

Guest Guest

Mr. Digesere has a masters degree in music. Blows your whole post out of the water.

You are wrong--Urban Studies is correct from Jersey City State--now New Jersey City State University.

Guest Guest

Am I missing something? Is there a point to this? Who cares where he got his masters. Wouldn't be the first teacher or administrator who got their advanced degree from a less than standard institution. Anyway, isn't he retired and gone now? Get over it.

Guest Guest

Am I missing something? Is there a point to this? Who cares where he got his masters. Wouldn't be the first teacher or administrator who got their advanced degree from a less than standard institution. Anyway, isn't he retired and gone now? Get over it.

Over it--obviously, no one knows a thing about the people running the school system. Resumes must be a not worth the paper they are written on as no one seems to check credentials. I'm surprised that we don't have more Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc. graduates in the school system as you can list what ever institution you wish on your resume.

Guest Show me

Over it--obviously, no one knows a thing about the people running the school system. Resumes must be a not worth the paper they are written on as no one seems to check credentials. I'm surprised that we don't have more Harvard, Princeton, Yale, etc. graduates in the school system as you can list what ever institution you wish on your resume.

If you have information that someone has falsified their credentials come forward and have these individuals be held accountable for their fraudulent actions!

Guest Guest

Resumes aren't the only thing checked - teachers, administrators, etc. have to physically provide originals of their degrees and certifications upon hiring. Copies are kept in the board office with the original returned to the applicant after the copy has been filed with the county. No, it doesn't matter where the degree was attained (as long as it is an accredited college/university) but one cannot be a teacher without teaching certification in the area he or she is working nor can one be an administrator without a Master's degree and certification in administration. Those are the facts and if you can refute them legitimately, please do so.

• 4 weeks later...