zerO at ground zero

Guest Patriot

Guest Patriot

So nice of zerO to finally show up at ground zero. Two and one half years after taking office he is now forced to show up with the killing of OBL (which Bush accomplished through enhanced interrogation) by Navy Seals.

Guest Guest

I am not an Obabma fan, but give credit where credit is due. Bush and Cheney let N. Orleans and Mississippi turn to crap with Americans dying while providing Iraq with hundreds of millions to re-build mosques that were leveled. Maybe they rebuilt one mosque, the rest of the money went to more weapons to screw the U.S. Dick Cheney was so busy deregulating the fracking, thats correct, it's a way to extract oil from shale rock for Halliburton, which has made him a billionaire. Most is done in Canada. Look it up and educate yourself. Maybe now we can all put this 911 crap to rest, I am so sick of it, and move on. PTL.

Guest Guest

So nice of zerO to finally show up at ground zero. Two and one half years after taking office he is now forced to show up with the killing of OBL (which Bush accomplished through enhanced interrogation) by Navy Seals.

You poor, bitter anti America troll. No thoughts, no proof, no life. Enjoy your misery.

Guest Guest

What an ass, Seal Team 6 got it done. Both Obama and Bush HELPED. Credit Obama for making the call and seeing it through, but to say he "got it done,) is ridiculous.

Guest Former Resident

While I'm certainly not an Obama supporter, I'm pretty sure that he has visited Ground Zero prior to yesterday. He may not have been able to visit on the anniversaries of 9/11 for whatever reasons, but I do seem to remember him visiting Ground Zero in the past.

And, I give huge kudos to Obama for killing OBL. He finished what Bush started and, without either of them, I don't think we would have gotten OBL. I think it was very classy of Obama to mention Bush in his statement on Sunday night and inviting Bush to attend yesterday with him, and I think it equally classy of Bush to decline that invitation.

Whatever the political feelings are for Obama, laying the wreath at Ground Zero was the right thing for him (or any President) to do, as symbolic gesture to those victims (and their families) that we got him (OBL) and we will never forget them.

Guest Proud American

As a Proud American, I think President Barack Obama's visit to Ground Zero was a powerful and unifying message in remembrance of those who perished, in sympathy for family members of the victims, and in support of for the first responders on that tragic day.

For the record, President Obama has been to Ground Zero TWICE, once as a candidate and on Thursday as President and Commander in Chief. George Bush went to Ground Zero TWICE as President.

President Obama on his first full day in office, January 21, 2009, by executive order as Commander in Chief, ordered that torture techniques used on enemy combatants, such as waterboarding, cease immediately. Torture prohibited under the Geneva Convention is what the extreme right calls "enhanced interrogation". For the record, OBL's location was identified in August 2010 by United States military intelligence agents working in Pakistan. President Obama issued the order for the commando raid a little over a week ago, opting for a raid by the elite Seal 6 group instead of using a military air strike.

Yesterday's reports indicate that OBL had been living in the compound at Abbotabad for five years, going back to 2006.

Guest Guest

As a Proud American, I think President Barack Obama's visit to Ground Zero was a powerful and unifying message in remembrance of those who perished, in sympathy for family members of the victims, and in support of for the first responders on that tragic day.

For the record, President Obama has been to Ground Zero TWICE, once as a candidate and on Thursday as President and Commander in Chief. George Bush went to Ground Zero TWICE as President.

President Obama on his first full day in office, January 21, 2009, by executive order as Commander in Chief, ordered that torture techniques used on enemy combatants, such as waterboarding, cease immediately. Torture prohibited under the Geneva Convention is what the extreme right calls "enhanced interrogation". For the record, OBL's location was identified in August 2010 by United States military intelligence agents working in Pakistan. President Obama issued the order for the commando raid a little over a week ago, opting for a raid by the elite Seal 6 group instead of using a military air strike.

Yesterday's reports indicate that OBL had been living in the compound at Abbotabad for five years, going back to 2006.

I believe that it was reported that the name of the courier came out in enhanced interrogation, not the whereabouts of the hideout. I'm not sure if this is true or not, probably won't find out either; it's just one of the reports I heard.

Guest Guest

What an ass, Seal Team 6 got it done. Both Obama and Bush HELPED. Credit Obama for making the call and seeing it through, but to say he "got it done,) is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous. As Commander-in-Chief, he made the decision and called the shots. No, he didn't execute the mission; Vince Lombardi never tackled anyone either, but he turned the Green Bay Packers from losers into winners, just like Obama has turned around our foreign policy. He made sure the team had the back-up it needed to ensure the mission's success. One helicopter became disabled. Obama had a back-up. That was on his order. Republicans won't admit it but Obama is smart and he's tough.

As for Bush, he ignored the intelligence that would have prevented the 9/11 attacks from happening, and he let bin Laden get away years ago in Tora Bora. He was good at acting tough but he wasn't smart - his father was a much more mature and responsible Commander-in Chief - and junior's incompetence cost us plenty.

Guest Fact Checker

I believe that it was reported that the name of the courier came out in enhanced interrogation, not the whereabouts of the hideout. I'm not sure if this is true or not, probably won't find out either; it's just one of the reports I heard.

For the record:

A SINGLE phone call to an al-Qaeda courier last year sealed the fate of fugitive Osama bin Laden.

Abu Ahmed was the terror chief's lifeline to the world - and became his downfall.

When Ahmed took the fate-ful call, he was unaware that the CIA were monitoring the lines of his closest associates.

It was enough for the spies to locate him and track him to the compound in Pakistan where Bin Laden had been hiding out from justice for about six years.

And within months, the decade-long worldwide manhunt for the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks ended in the bloody shoot-out dubbed Operation Geronimo.

Guest Guest

For the record:

A SINGLE phone call to an al-Qaeda courier last year sealed the fate of fugitive Osama bin Laden.

Abu Ahmed was the terror chief's lifeline to the world - and became his downfall.

When Ahmed took the fate-ful call, he was unaware that the CIA were monitoring the lines of his closest associates.

It was enough for the spies to locate him and track him to the compound in Pakistan where Bin Laden had been hiding out from justice for about six years.

And within months, the decade-long worldwide manhunt for the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks ended in the bloody shoot-out dubbed Operation Geronimo.

By "For the record," I'll assume you have security clearance. Isn't it possible that both statements are true? One phone call led to the location, AND the name of the courier came out of interrogations. I only commented on what I had seen on the many news channels I saw. I even said that I didn't know if it was true.

I personally don't care who everyone wants to give credit to, I am just glad that he is now room temperature. Everyone else can argue about who, how, why, and everything else; nobody can argue with me though, because the only thing I care about is that the man who planned the murder of over 3,000 citizens is dead.

Guest Fact Checker

By "For the record," I'll assume you have security clearance. Isn't it possible that both statements are true? One phone call led to the location, AND the name of the courier came out of interrogations. I only commented on what I had seen on the many news channels I saw. I even said that I didn't know if it was true.

I personally don't care who everyone wants to give credit to, I am just glad that he is now room temperature. Everyone else can argue about who, how, why, and everything else; nobody can argue with me though, because the only thing I care about is that the man who planned the murder of over 3,000 citizens is dead.

No, I don't have security clearance but I do have internet access to the news sites of CNN, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. My italicized information was from the CNN news site.

If you can point out a news source in supoprt of the original post in this thread stating that the courier's identity came from "enhanced interrogation" (which consists of torture methods like waterboarding), I'd appreciate it. I've not seen that. (By the way, I was responding to Patriot, not to you, so don't tried to cop out by saying you didn't use the word "enhanced").