HFD

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I have a book about stories of the war in Vietnam and the subsequent mental damage that was done to the soldiers. It was awfull what those men saw and had to do to survive. It immediately made me think of the horrors that a Harrison Fireman must have to deal with and the aftermath of the blazes in Harrison. The Post Traumatic Stress Disorders that the Vietnam Vets experienced are clearly meager in comparison to the PTSD that the Harrison Firemen go thru on a daily basis. I don't know how the HFD men cope with the inferno's that they have to fight day after day in Harrison.

Could a Harrison Fireman could please author a short war story for me that I could print out and read before bed. Please don't skimp on the blood and guts battles with the flaming orange monster you battle day in and day out. Please include all of the cool fireman slang terms and the names of the tools you use in slaying the living, breathing beast of fire. I realize that it will be difficult to choose one war story from the hundreds you have experienced as a smoke eater in say the last five years, but please try to do your best.

If the memories of the battles are too much to take and put on paper, try and refer to the Fireman's Poem on the towns website for strength. You can use the common names such as Bull and Axe to protet your identities. At the end of the story, please explain how traumatized and unable to function you become when asked to pee in a cup. I am sure this accurate and detailed account will be read to children thru the rest of the century.

Guest Guest

In addition to the war stories, can you include something concerning the equiptment. Like I jumped out of my $2000.00 bed (only the best) and rapidly donned my Scotty to due battle with the evil demon of flames trying to consume me. I beat it back with my halogen tool, no time for a primary search so if your in the house you are shit out of luck because we are told not to go into a building unless E. Newark or Jersey City arrive to take the risk. I then waited with my Firefighting brothers, the same guys who watched me get the shit kicked out of me, to mount a defensive attack (I love that) and battled the demon for hours. I FORGOT, HOW MANY RAGING BLAZES WERE KNOCKED DOWN (COOL, RIGHT)IN 2011 FOR 1.7 MILLION DOLLARS IN SALARY FOR ONLY 42 MEN?

Guest wild one

i remeber a few cops running into burning buildings (long before the hfd got there) to get the residents out. its a shame that some of them will no longer be in town due to the layoffs.

Guest Guest

On the Kearny Board, and I don't know why, one of the Little Rascals from either the soon to be dismantled HFD or KFD one the makings of an actual fake war story was started. So far in the story a rolling mountain of fire is consuming a block is being trying to be "knocked down" by our multi-million dollars FD's to save a litle girl trapped in the inferno. If possible, could we get some rising action like just coming in from our fourth fire of the night but fatigue does not stop those running on the hope of saving lives. In the rescue itself, include a the little girls dog that had broken loose and was in harms way if not for the fearless crew of smoke eaters. Also, provide use of equiptment like....my Scotty was running low.... or my Halogen tool was melting from heat, to enhance the minds eye. End it with something like several brave men went down that night but made it to fight another day. Consult with each other on the war story to avoid conflict. This may be Harrisons last war story so make it a memorable experience, although fake, for everyone.

Guest Guest

Humorous comment by the Fire Department in desperation to prevent their obvious played out organization, but I remeber Police Officers as recent as the last five years going into buildings AFTER the FD got there becuause the FD would not out of some kind of either policy or fear. Sad but true.