Supt. Digesere Retires

Guest Board Watcher

Guest Board Watcher

Tonight at the public BOE meeting, Superintendent Frank Digesere retired as leader of our school District.

This, after many times saying his only concern is "for the kids" that is, until he has to take a cut in pay from his enormous salary, at the expense of Kearny tax-payers, whom he has obviously snowed these past years. Anyway, this is for the best, enjoy Toms River on the tax payers' dime, although your family will still be receiving 5 other salaries from the Kearny Citizens...

Edited by KOTW
The above information has not been confirmed.

Guest guest

Tonight at the public BOE meeting, Superintendent Frank Digesere retired as leader of our school District.

This, after many times saying his only concern is "for the kids" that is, until he has to take a cut in pay from his enormous salary, at the expense of Kearny tax-payers, whom he has obviously snowed these past years. Anyway, this is for the best, enjoy Toms River on the tax payers' dime, although your family will still be receiving 5 other salaries from the Kearny Citizens...

Frank enjoy your retirement.

Guest Town Council

Congratulations and thanks also to some members of the Kearny Town Council, who petitioned hard last year to keep Mr. Digesere around for another year, which obviously showed the much concern they also had for our children, not to forget the fat bottom hypocrite on the council who spoke out with forkith tongue about keeping the super around.

Oh.....and we can't forget **** ***$***, who was the "official" petition lady for Frank. Is she going to do it again or because a VP was appointed to Schuyler her call to duty is no longer needed?

So you see, things are not always what they appear to be. All these people wanted this guy back for every reason except the proper reason......to assure our kids are getting the best possible education, not working year to year checking your salary and how your retirement could have an adverse situation if you stay.

Thanks once again to all the "players" who got what they wanted....a super who handed in his retirement letter last year and than decided to stay because his money eas staying in his pocket. Now this year another letter to retire.....will he stay again?.....stayed tuned?

BOE, please for the sake of the education of our kids.....hire a Super who has no connections to Kearny, is not concerned with retirement, will not be a dictator and will deliver the best possible education for our kids!

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Upset Kearnyite

Frank enjoy your retirement.

Superintendent Frank DiGesere is in the job for just one year and four months, and he retires? How irresponsible is that from the person who's the leader of the school district? It's "Frank First" and "too bad" for the over 5,000 children, parents, teachers, and staff.

I'm upset with him and the Board of Education members who put him there and let our children be used.

Guest guest

Superintendent Frank DiGesere is in the job for just one year and four months, and he retires? How irresponsible is that from the person who's the leader of the school district? It's "Frank First" and "too bad" for the over 5,000 children, parents, teachers, and staff.

I'm upset with him and the Board of Education members who put him there and let our children be used.

If your that upset do something about this problem. OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW!!!!! It was all about the money, right Frankie boy!!!!!!

Guest Guest

This paticular BOE does more damage to the town than any other agency. they control the pursestrings to the most money in the entire town, more than police, fire and DPW put together. If the shenanigans that go on in the BOE went on in say the police department, there would be Hoover boys all over the town. The Police and Fire are at least run on t he up & up and there is transparency, even with hiring practices. Not so in the BOE, where incompetent relatives and friends are put in high-paying/do-nothing positions. There MUST be a complete over-haul. The A.D. position in the HS is slated as a V.P. and was done as a favor to AS, this must now be eliminated. Also, there does not need to be a V.P. of Attendence, I mean gimme a break.

The awarding of contracts and purchasing of buildings without town-wide referendum is appalling. To compound this and purchase a building during the biggest recession of the last 75 years is criminal.

Getting on to the original post, Digesere retiring shows exactly what is wrong with the BOE side of the town finances. These people care nothing about the education of our kids. test scores are way down, rankings are atrocious, and kids are not getting into any major colleges of note. The last hanky Panky was changing the discipline policy so that a few kids could attend proms. I mean, this current Board as constituted is just not even defendable, there must be a shake up immediately.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest For Real

Will someone please clue in the Stevenson, Viscuso, Valdez ticket that the Suoerintendent, Mr. Degesere is retiring. Also, please let some of our district administrators know this information, they are campaigning for him to stay as super as well ! Does everyone understand that he put in his own papers, as his own decision and nobody else made him do this but HIMSELF? As a side note this is the second time he has put in his papers, obviously he spends too much time thinking about himself and not the education of our kids!

Guest Guestimate

Will someone please clue in the Stevenson, Viscuso, Valdez ticket that the Suoerintendent, Mr. Degesere is retiring. Also, please let some of our district administrators know this information, they are campaigning for him to stay as super as well ! Does everyone understand that he put in his own papers, as his own decision and nobody else made him do this but HIMSELF? As a side note this is the second time he has put in his papers, obviously he spends too much time thinking about himself and not the education of our kids!

He is only retiring if the board election goes against his ticket. Just like last year. He was happy with the results so he rescinded. Same will likely happen again.

Guest The Fat Lady Has Sung

He is only retiring if the board election goes against his ticket. Just like last year. He was happy with the results so he rescinded. Same will likely happen again.

He did not like the results last year at all! The problem was, as usual, a BOE member was given a deal from Mr. Digesere and she flipped!

Well, the days of deals are over. Enjoy your retirement Mr. Digesere.

Guest Guest

Degesere is out. His main cronie lost. The new board will not keep him. Good luck to the new board members.

Guest guest

He did not like the results last year at all! The problem was, as usual, a BOE member was given a deal from Mr. Digesere and she flipped!

What deal was she given??????

Guest Guest

Not so fast. Frank may not be finished yet. The fat lady may have sung in Kearny, but the fat man beckons from Trenton.

Guest Believe Your Own Lies

Not so fast. Frank may not be finished yet. The fat lady may have sung in Kearny, but the fat man beckons from Trenton.

He was done when they ran him out of Bloomfield. I heard he got a job offer already. He was asked to write a book Believe Your Own ****. How to *** repeatedly and keep a straight face. The Digesere ******** Days are over.

Edited by KOTW
Content.

Guest Guest

Digesere was run out of Bloomfield? You are too funny. Details,please & don't worry, you can make it up as you go along.

I don`t know if He was run out of Bloomfield but I can tell you He will be out of Kearny real soon. He lost the votes on the B.O.E.. He can`t bully the new board members. Good riddens F.D.. Take the money and get lost PLEASE.

Guest Guest

He has no reason to run, as you. put it. He can walk away with his head held high & you can twist yourself into a pretzel for all I care. Let's see who this NEW board comes up with. I hear they want to go in a new direction. Wonder what that means? Scary thought.

Guest Not So Scary

He has no reason to run, as you. put it. He can walk away with his head held high & you can twist yourself into a pretzel for all I care. Let's see who this NEW board comes up with. I hear they want to go in a new direction. Wonder what that means? Scary thought.

All his lies are catching up to him so maybe he should run. The new direction comment is really not so scary, unless you are one of his friends and family dependents who has been riding the dictators coat tails for years!

Guest Guest

O.K. I'll bite. What lies? Make sure you answer & prove you're not just another know-nothing trying to act like you actually have some facts to back up your statements.

Guest Guest

Degesere is out. His main cronie lost. The new board will not keep him. Good luck to the new board members.

ok, then. Just be sure our new Board president does his job on his own dime and not the taxpayers. You see there are many, many hours you need to devote to being a board member and unless Mr. King works nights, then absolutley he is doing his board job instead of his police job on a daily basis.

Guest guest

I don`t know if He was run out of Bloomfield but I can tell you He will be out of Kearny real soon. He lost the votes on the B.O.E.. He can`t bully the new board members. Good riddens F.D.. Take the money and get lost PLEASE.

I can't help but respond to this post. Whoever you are, every person in a position of power has to have people that work with them in order to get their ideas into action. Even the President of the United States of America has a team that works with him to get his ideas into action. AND, that's why that person is either hired or elected to those positions,because when these people are interviewed or campaign for an officen the people either like what they say or they don't. AND, Board members really don't have that much to say about certain things. They really don't. It is my understanding that Board members are to set policy only. I could be wrong, please don't jump all over me. It is the Superintendent in any school district who is in charge, not Board members. Somebody has to be in charge or there would be chaos!

Guest Answer

I can't help but respond to this post. Whoever you are, every person in a position of power has to have people that work with them in order to get their ideas into action. Even the President of the United States of America has a team that works with him to get his ideas into action. AND, that's why that person is either hired or elected to those positions,because when these people are interviewed or campaign for an officen the people either like what they say or they don't. AND, Board members really don't have that much to say about certain things. They really don't. It is my understanding that Board members are to set policy only. I could be wrong, please don't jump all over me. It is the Superintendent in any school district who is in charge, not Board members. Somebody has to be in charge or there would be chaos!

In answer to your question about do Board members have a say. The answer is absolutely yes. You see with Mr. Digesere he has everyone convinced that he is the BOSS. The fact is that the BOE is the Boss. The organization chart of the school district confirms that. The highest level in the chart is the Board of Education (members of the board) followed by the Superintendent. The role of the board is to set policy, but the super needs board approval to do almost anything. So whatever the super wants to do he must get approval from the board. The super is "in charge" of all the staff below him or her but not the board of ed members.

• 1 year later...

mr d i do not care what these quotes are we spoke about something before you retired if you read these can you please contact andy you have known me since the fourth grade franklin school i am sure you know who i am please find my contact you know how