1st Annual Nj Finest & Bravest Charity Dart League

Guest NJDARTS

Guest NJDARTS

New Jersey’s 1st

Bravest & Finest

Charity Dart League

Brother Firefighters & Police Officers,

My name is Henry J. Magee. I am a former Police Officer, (Past President local 21) & a retired disabled Firefighter local 18, both of Kearny, NJ. I am the owner of Magee’s Dart & Game Shoppe located at 736 Kearny Avenue, Kearny, NJ 07032.

For years now I have been an avid dart player and organizer of area leagues. Many of my brothers in red & blue have asked me to set up a league that would accommodate the scheduling and shifts unique to our type of work. After several years I have an idea that will work for all and benefit charity.

I’m looking to register a total of 20 teams (10 PD/10FD). The intention is to set up a “Round Robin” schedule where the teams will compete on the 1 st & 3 rd Wednesdays of every month. Based on 20 teams, the regular season will last a total of 19 weeks or 10 months. The top 4 teams will then compete in a playoff format (2 additional matches) where the Champions through 4 th place will win $1600, $1200, $800 & $400 respectively for the Charities of their choice.

The final four will receive team plaques recognizing their achievement with the championship team also receiving the Bravest & Finest Traveling trophy to be displayed proudly at their HQ or union hall for one season. A second group may be formed (if registrations far exceed 20 teams) to play on the 2 nd & 4 th Wednesdays of the month. A finals match for the championship would then be scheduled between the 2 group champions.

The registration for each team will be $100.00 due upon registration ($2000.00 total). All matches will be hosted at the new Pietro’s Sports Café located at 105 Midland Avenue in Wallington, NJ. Pietro’s is NJ’s premier Dart pub with 11 dartboards. Pietro’s in turn will match the entry fees for a total prize of $4000.00.

Each team will be limited to 4 players/department members on any given night (no rosters). All players on any given night must be “On The Job” or retired verifiable by photo ID.

Weekly results and standings will be forwarded to each department as well as area newspapers. A special Bravest & Finest section will also be created at:

WWW.NJDARTS.COM

Where Bravest & Finest league information will be available and updated weekly.

The projected start date is March 3, 2004.

Interested teams should complete the registration form included or contact me at 201-991-9383 after 12:30 pm Tuesday – Saturday. Registration will be an a 1 st come first serve basis.

There will be a brief league meeting February 18, 2004 8pm at Pietro’s where team registrations will be accepted (room permitting), league rules & match format will be discussed. Schedules will be mailed out after the meeting and completion of registrations. All interested Departments are encouraged to send a representative.

Sincerely,

Henry J. Magee

Tournament Director

Match Format: 4 singles 301 sd 1 pt each, 4 singles Cricket 1 pt each, 2 doubles 501 sd 2 pts each, 2 doubles Cricket 2 pts each & 4 man 1001 sd 4pts. 20 total points

Guest NJDARTS

KOTW,

Regarding my posting of the 1st Annual Bravest & Finest Charity Dart League I'm surprised that you would follow the lead of the Flagman whom I won't diginify with a response.

This is a charity event organized by me assisted by others. It was in no way intended to take advantage of your forum for a free business advert.

Your forum is frequented, as you are well aware, by many area Firefighters & Police Officers and therefor is a great place to get information out to those who might want to participate.

Since this is a charity event, those that are involved donate their time and money for a good cause. All registration money received plus matching dollars will be paid out in full to the designated charities. There is no operating budget for this event nor are there any profits to be made by the organizers.

Matter of fact we are still looking for sponsors for the various trophies and plaques that will be awarded at the conclusion of this event. So if your interested, you might want to give me a call.

In closing, if the posting of a Charity event on your forum is in some way a violation of the terms, feel free to delete it. I will understand.

Henry J. Magee

Mr. Magee,

I am willing to post and include news items including Charity Events on KearnyOnTheWeb. I have no problem with your posting but I also have a sense of humor. I thought that Flagmann's comment was funny. I don't necessarily agree with most of what Flagmann has to say but his post struck me as funny.

I suggest that if you want to publicize a charitable event submit your proposed press release and you may find that an article will appear in the News section of KOTW. There may even be a link to your shop.

KOTW

Guest NJDARTS

Give me a call. Maybe we can generate some interest and I'll help you get one started.

I would love to get an area youth league started.

201-991-9383

Henry

Archived